• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B tournament, Round 2, Match 2 Blade vs Ultear

don't tell me that she can't age electricity fast enough she literally stated that she needs seconds to do that for elemental attacks
See, I don’t know how it works tho- like. I understand how she does it for Gray where she like, melts it with Time. That’s why she can null the ice.
But Azure Strikers manipulate electrons, no matter how must you break it down through time, it’s not gonna get any smaller than an electron- like it’s a baryonic/elementary particle that’s the smallest you’re gonna get no matter what.
She doesn’t fight much with her sword iirc but she can scrap with Gray in cqc, Gray being as skilled as Natsu.
I’m not quite sure how skill works in VSBattles, but a sword vs H2H is a completely onesided fight no matter your skill in H2H, unless you’re Batman or something. Magic Sword… I mean, she used it one time and never used it again, pretty sure Blade would have that too in H2H
I am going to vote Ultear either way due to weapon and armor aging, plus with multi-hit homing attacks and H2H this would be a mid-diff fight for her.
I’ve already explained up top that Blade just has a countless amount of swords with her, weapon aging isn’t gonna be a thing for a long time, and I think Ultear would run out of stamina before Blade runs out. As for homing attacks, Bendix Coil or literally her actual defensive stance should deal with it until she gets close.

Teleportation shouldn't be an issue for Ultear given she's more skilled than Gray in H2h who beat Mest who spams teleportation magic in combat.
Yes, but Blade doesn’t exactly use it that way. She simply teleports to the location to engage in combat. It’s simply just there to instantly close the whatever kilometer distance.

I’m gonna post my two paragraphs here in case everyone ignored them for like the 5th time this thread or smth
For one, she has some pretty decent ranged moves two with some kinda ridiculous AoE, but maintaining close range is a task she has no easy way of doing, Inductor Rush is a gap closer but it‘s not the best in the world, it can still keep her close if they decide to step back. Blade can use teleportation if she finds herself too far away, but it’s only in character if she deems a foe too far away to actually fight them by getting closer (which is about screen length, so about 10s of Meters) We don’t know how far this teleportation is, but I would assume it would be quite possibly anywhere in a country (GV’s Setting). The only other time she uses teleportation in battle is in Thunderandal.
She can still use Berserk Trigger. But we can still disable mid-g even in that form if we want. Either way, it seems like Blade’s win condition is maintaining close range with Teleportation and Inductor Rush. Considering that Inductor Rush is her starting and main move- she’ll use it a lot.

Her stamina should be a big factor too (it’s pretty big considering her Septima spikes in Berserk Trigger, and her posture alone in Berserk Trigger clearly tells us she’s in pain the whole time. She was in that state for at least days based on how there are separate episodes for each mission- and GV games typically take place across- say, half a year based on canon CDs). This is basically what made her beat Copen (3rd time in a row) in addition to the huge AP advantage. I’m sure Ultear would run out of win sauce before Blade comes close to gassing out (she wasn’t even close to that when she beat Copen when she was stated that she would have logically ran out of steam)

Ultear aging the surroundings would make it difficult, but considering they are at a beach, there’s not much to work with.

Should Ultear ever decide to clash swords with Blade, especially in Berserk Trigger, Blade’s lightning would conduct down the sword and just zap her. In addition, Berserk Trigger gives quite a big power boost- basically enough to stomp Copen. Considering GV chars already have a 0.7 Megaton AP Advantage, this can turn a somewhat small edge to an actual notable one.

Also I’d like to note that she has honor to an extent, if you don’t make any inputs at all when a Blade Boss Fight starts, she won’t move. Of course, if you do like, anything like moving an inch she will immediately start with Inductor Rush. Either way though this doesn’t matter too much as she will teleport into sufficient range at the beginning before anything happens

Overall I see this as a Blade really high-diff so far (idk y tho, I guess Magic Balls very scary)

also have a question about Cerulean Beach, how does range SBA apply to such a small area?

This fight essentially is just “Blade teleport“ and can Ultear throw hands vs a bloody sword which is already quite one sided .

I’m starting to get ticked off at arguments just being flat out ignored in VS Threads specifically for GV chars. Diavolo vs GV, This, Boa VS GV. All because the other person is from a more popular franchise. I put so much damn work on those profiles so people actually can’t screw up understanding their abilities- I spam Prevasion videos in every bloody matchup and people still pull this crap wryyyyyyyyy

Last edited:
I’m gonna get the votes all sorted out real fast

Ultear - 0 (Previously 4, Imo, Pokémonfan, Vel, Shizuka, possibly Zack/Anonymous but I didn’t see a clear vote) Apparently rules say that if the “FRAs” are stemming from an argument that no longer makes sense they don’t count. I’m neutral on this rule, but it does make sense. (If this rule existed GV would’ve beat Boa and I am very upset)

Blade - 7 (Me, Smashor, Popted2, Yar, Fluffy, Spinoirr, Overlord)

Last edited:
I mean it is whatever though did Copen need a sword to clash with and defeat her? If not then why would Ultear need a sword to compete with her?

Also how often can Blade teleport?

I am actually failing to see why Ultear would have a problem with a teleporter who doesn't hit and run

Maybe I am misunderstanding the arguments for Blade

The thing is, Copen NEVER beat her. Blade won by cutscene every time, it’s just that the player can beat her- but in the end Copen is the one always on the ground at the end (or fleeing). Also, Copen has a bloody GUN

She can teleport as often as she needs to, as she uses it like it’s not draining at all to casually get from place to place. We never see it often only because Copen doesn’t run far away for her to need to use it. We clearly seen that it’s main purpose is to just get Blade into range without needing to travel on foot (which would obviously be taxing), so like, if she deems that it’d be more taxing to run, she’d just teleport instead to conserve her stamina (which she has a LOT of)

We’re saying that Ultear doesn’t have much of a chance to win at close range since she’s primarily ranged and H2H vs Lightning Sword patterns is a bad idea

Grace ended 2 hours ago, adding

No idea how blade is gonna stand up against Akame but we’ll see, she does have armor after all

Back