• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B Tournament Semi-Finals Match 1, Blade vs Kuuga

So, our first journey is close to the end.
Semi-Finals, Match 1: Blade (Azure Striker Gunvolt) (@Smashtwig) vs Kamen Rider Kuuga (Rising Forms) (Kamen Rider) (@Jamesthetaker)
Rules: Equal Speed, Low 7-B only, location is New Pork City.
Quick Plot: After long fight against Akame on the beach both fallen down. But after some time, Blade got up on her legs first and sees giant spaceship flying on unknown direction. Blade desides to go on the way of this spaceship.
Meanwhile
After defeating dangerous robot, Kuuga sees Giant ship flying towards him, he decides to get in and see where he will get into.
After both getting in New Pork City, as well as beating some soldiers who tried to attack them around they suddenly crossed eyes with each other.
Suspecting that one is the part of army which aggressed on them, and not so long from them seeing another duo fighting with each other they decided that there's no time for rest, and started the clash with each other.

Blade:

Kuuga:

Inconclusive:

From what I can tell so far...

Kuuga:
-Skill advantage
-Versatility advantage
-Mobility advantage
-Range advantage
-Can have some battle assistance via Gouram
-Resists electricity manip, and despite how Blade can harm those with the same resistance, Kuuga would grow in power if it was used against him
-RPL
-Better regeneration

Blade
-AP and durability advantage

I think I'll vote Kuuga over having enough experience and options on his end to overcome Blade's superior AP.

Wait he can adapt and just eventually resist electricity like that? Dang. Uh, you’re still spared from my essay tho since I’m debating GV vs Deku rn lol

on a glance since I’m pooped rn, I don’t see the skill advantage at the moment, fighting someone who 114+ years old dedicated to fighting super powered people seems, well, more impressive than “2000+ various skills”

As well, Pegasus Bowgun is pretty much useless vs Blade’s deflection skills, literally in the first stage of LAiX, her boss design was specifically there to make sure players don’t spam the “lol I have a gun button” as she can deflect all shots coming her way

on a glance since I’m pooped rn, I don’t see the skill advantage at the moment, fighting someone who 114+ years old dedicated to fighting super powered people seems, well, more impressive than “2000+ various skills”
It's not just the 2000 skills. Kuuga's also fought the Gurongi, who were an ancient warrior tribe.

As well, Pegasus Bowgun is pretty much useless vs Blade’s deflection skills, literally in the first stage of LAiX, her boss design was specifically there to make sure players don’t spam the “lol I have a gun button” as she can deflect all shots coming her way
I wouldn't say useless necessarily. Besides, his range isn't limited to the Rising Pegasus Bowgun given he has the Gouram and his Rising Mighty Kick has a huge radius.

I see, but wouldn’t he want to use that at close ranges? Plus Blade’s had experience fighting small support Stands before, shouldn’t be all too bad for her

Getting in close wouldn't be a problem either, as his Regular Dragon Form (the Rising variant of which is superior in every way) can close that gap pretty easily.

Just want to say, Blade has that electricity manipulation right? That would give Kuuga more advantage here as getting by electrict/lightning will cause his RPL come faster

I wouldn't call Kuuga exactly more skill. While Grongi are definitely a tribe of warrior, Undead do engaged in a brutal battle royale that lasted for god know how long in order to have their race be picked as the one to rules over other races.

Blade himself is capable of flight and speed amp should help him avoid some deadly blow, it's more likely that he got tagged by Godai's explosive mark.

edit: wait, I ******* derp. Not the same Blade disregard my above post.

I wouldn't call Kuuga exactly more skill. While Grongi are definitely a tribe of warrior, Undead do engaged in a brutal battle royale that lasted for god know how long in order to have their race be picked as the one to rules over other races.

Blade himself is capable of flight and speed amp should help him avoid some deadly blow, it's more likely that he got tagged by Godai's explosive mark.
This isn't Kamen Rider Blade, it's the Azure Striker one

And on that topic, I do think Godai is more skilled than Kenzaki, but that's a topic for another thread

Okay, I am no longer half asleep. Let's get back into the debate.

Well, the only thing I'm worried about is that would Blade electricity harm Godai? I mean they have the resistance neg for a reason.

Otherwise it's pretty likely that she could be gibbed by something like...well, getting punch and kick.

Well, the only thing I'm worried about is that would Blade electricity harm Godai? I mean they have the resistance neg for a reason.
Even if it hurts Kuuga, it'll still make him more powerful, so her continuing to use electricity based attacks is only making her battle more difficult.

So then Blade pops Berserk Trigger

I guess she does have the advantage of having a bloody whipsword in general, while I’m sure Kamen Riders fight swords a lot, it’s still like… an advantage that… exists. Pretty sure she also has the advantage in AoE range too

Actually, can she deflected Pegasus Bowgun? It's basically just wind bullet.

But I guessed she can. Maybe.

I guess she does have the advantage of having a bloody whipsword in general, while I’m sure Kamen Riders fight swords a lot, it’s still like… an advantage that… exists.

Entirely depend on opponent and whatever he grab on. Any stick can be turn into a spear, the bowgun or Titan sword. Technically he might be able to grab onto her sword and turn it into his own weapon too.

In general she have the range aoe, but Godai have crazy mobility with both Gouram as platform and Dragon form massive level of acrobatic able to leap up and off of building without a sweat

I guess she does have the advantage of having a bloody whipsword in general, while I’m sure Kamen Riders fight swords a lot, it’s still like… an advantage that… exists. Pretty sure she also has the advantage in AoE range too
Kuuga has fought opponents with whips as well as swords quite often, so I'd disagree there actually.

I can't see how she has an AoE advantage given what Kuuga's attacks can do

Actually, can she deflected Pegasus Bowgun? It's basically just wind bullet.

But I guessed she can. Maybe.

Entirely depend on opponent and whatever he grab on. Any stick can be turn into a spear, the bowgun or Titan sword. Technically he might be able to grab onto her sword and turn it into his own weapon too.

In general she have the range aoe, but Godai have crazy mobility with both Gouram as platform and Dragon form massive level of acrobatic able to leap up and off of building without a sweat
She’s deflecting photon blasts, like, quanta of energy- pretty sure deflection of wind is possible too

Kuuga has fought opponents with whips as well as swords quite often, so I'd disagree there actually.

I can't see how she has an AoE advantage given what Kuuga's attacks can do
Yeah I get that, I’m just saying that it’s still an advantage that exists. Like, let’s say you’re good at fighting people with guns barehanded- it doesn’t mean I don’t have the advantage with an assault rifle against you, it just means you can fight against it better than most

tbh I’m burnt out and I actually don’t see a win condition for Blade without Berserk Trigger lol- she can theoretically win if Kuuga decides to throw hands first thing with the sword and initial AP advantage.

However, her teleportation does need discussion though, she really just uses it to get to her foes instead of away, so range doesn’t mean all that much

I don’t believe her teleportation has the range to escape something as large as Kuuga’s attacks

And in terms of attacking? Yeah, that kind of ability is useful, but it’s something Kuuga can counter, given both his proficiency in combat and incredible enhanced senses to deal with any suddenly up close attacks or attacks from behind

Yeah she doesn’t use it to retreat anyways

Combined with electrical attacks, it may be enough to just break him down right away- Blade probably starts with the advantage but as RPL continues, her chances start going down

Too lazy to argue lmao. Plus while I could make another essay, the simpler answer is typically the best answer anyways- Blade just doesn’t have the versatility to keep-

You know what

I lied

Kuuga’s versatility, imo is similar to Copen’s- pretty sure Blade can deal with that mobility he has when Copen’s Bullit Dashing is just, kinda absurd- and his EX Weapons have all kinda of AoE and trajectory too

A) Copen’s range is not nearly on the level of Kuuga’s

B) Copen may have a good deal of versatility, but it’s not as if he has the same skill Kuuga does

C) Copen also isn’t a character that gets stronger every time electrical moves are used against him, rergardless of if they’re gonna hurt via negation or not

D) It doesn’t feel like a good point to bring up Copen. He and Blade are very different in their arsenals and given Kuuga’s skill advantage, I favour far more what he can do against Blade than what Copen can do against Blade

E) Copen’s versatility mostly gives him more options for danmaku. But even when taking into consideration his homing abilities, the Gouram can fly and attack enemies in more reliable ways

Can’t see how Copen makes a difference even just by a bit. This is Kuuga vs Blade, not Kuuga vs Copen

His range is just as good if we’re not including kicks and I don’t think Kuuga would use kicks primary has a ranged attack. 100 Years still nothing to scoff at. Aside from those, yeah, alright I’ve exhausted pretty much every avenue I can think of lol

Except its not just as good? Kuuga has 3000 meters on him. Copen has hundreds of meters. Besides, there’s no evidence to say Blade has dealt with attacks at the full potential of Copen’s range, so dealing with Kuuga’s will give her some real trouble.

100 years is nothing to scoff at, but the Gurongi Kuuga has fought are far well over that in terms of age and combat experience.

As for the range, one of Kuuga’s ranged attacks IS a kick. He’s uses kicks a lot along with other types of moves. But that’s not to say it’s his only option for range.

Eh, remember teleport exists to close that gap already, range isn't much of a factor- anyways, it's still pretty clear cut who comes out on top

Yuh, Teleport is really just to engage in a fight, she doesn’t even use it like… optimally as an actual power

does it count as a stomp? I mean I guess Blade could theoretically annihilate him in the early game maybe

Back