• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B tournament, Round 2, Match 2 Blade vs Ultear

“the slow movement of the axis of a spinning body around another axis due to a torque (such as gravitational influence) acting to change the direction of the first axis. It is seen in the circle slowly traced out by the pole of a spinning gyroscope.”

Don’t think Blade nor Copen have that

as for the Matchup tho

Ultear’s Danmaku’s pretty good here, but I imagine Blade can close the distance fairly easily to make those crystal balls kinda bad for combat. On top of that, the only thing worth rusting this time is her swords, but she has a countless amount of those its not a good idea to waste so much magic on rusting them.

Considering that she only "likely" has the regen, I think it can be restricted and still added (with a note of course)

She has a magic sword, so possibly use that.
Although she does seem to be a primarily ranged fighter and her ranged techniques don't necessarily stop working in close combat.

How would Blade manage to maintain melee range? Even if she can evade all the attacks flying her way, Ultear can maintain range by moving backwards.

For one, she has some pretty decent ranged moves two with some kinda ridiculous AoE, but maintaining close range is a task she has no easy way of doing, Inductor Rush is a gap closer but it‘s not the best in the world, it can still keep her close if they decide to step back. Blade can use teleportation if she finds herself too far away, but it’s only in character if she deems a foe too far away to actually fight them by getting closer (which is about screen length, so about 10s of Meters) We don’t know how far this teleportation is, but I would assume it would be quite possibly anywhere in a country (GV’s Setting). The only other time she uses teleportation in battle is in Thunderandal.

Last edited:
The range AOE wouldn’t be too useful since those are things that Ultear can age away or reverse back at Blade. Teleport and the rush thing should be useful to stay close but Ultear always ages the surroundings to cause issues for her opponent such as collapsing floors to mess with their movement or aging a tree seed into maturity to intercept them or give her more space.

hi i'm back everyone so i noticed that the midgodly thing is only when she activate the berserk trigger wich doesn't apply in the in the base or whet we are using now

She can still use Berserk Trigger. But we can still disable mid-g even in that form if we want. Either way, it seems like Blade’s win condition is maintaining close range with Teleportation and Inductor Rush. Considering that Inductor Rush is her starting and main move- she’ll use it a lot.

Her stamina should be a big factor too (it’s pretty big considering her Septima spikes in Berserk Trigger, and her posture alone in Berserk Trigger clearly tells us she’s in pain the whole time. She was in that state for at least days based on how there are separate episodes for each mission- and GV games typically take place across- say, half a year based on canon CDs). This is basically what made her beat Copen (3rd time in a row) in addition to the huge AP advantage. I’m sure Ultear would run out of win sauce before Blade comes close to gassing out (she wasn’t even close to that when she beat Copen when she was stated that she would have logically ran out of steam)

Ultear aging the surroundings would make it difficult, but considering they are at a beach, there’s not much to work with.

Should Ultear ever decide to clash swords with Blade, especially in Berserk Trigger, Blade’s lightning would conduct down the sword and just zap her. In addition, Berserk Trigger gives quite a big power boost- basically enough to stomp Copen. Considering GV chars already have a 0.7 Megaton AP Advantage, this can turn a somewhat small edge to an actual notable one.

Also I’d like to note that she has honor to an extent, if you don’t make any inputs at all when a Blade Boss Fight starts, she won’t move. Of course, if you do like, anything like moving an inch she will immediately start with Inductor Rush. Either way though this doesn’t matter too much as she will teleport into sufficient range at the beginning before anything happens

Overall I see this as a Blade really high-diff so far (idk y tho, I guess Magic Balls very scary)

also have a question about Cerulean Beach, how does range SBA apply to such a small area?

Last edited:
ok really the battle has come too much long so here's what i think Ultear age to dust her weapons and electricity and proceeds to beat her to death

don't tell me that she can't age electricity fast enough she literally stated that she needs seconds to do that for elemental attacks

ok that's it then i'm gonna change my vote for Incon they both have wincons but we can't decide who will win
Oleggator the hono of flipping the coin will be yours

Anyways, looking at the profiles, here's my take:

Ultear's main strategy is projectile spam. Considering Blade can use teleportation to immediately close the distance (And has also been shown to use it for transportation as well as combat, implying that it's more than just a few meters), that means said projectile spam just won't work outright (Espesially since it has a large area of effect, meaning she probably couldn't use it without risking hitting herself).

How good is Ultear in close combat with her magic sword?

Teleportation shouldn't be an issue for Ultear given she's more skilled than Gray in H2h who beat Mest who spams teleportation magic in combat.

Teleportation shouldn't be an issue for Ultear given she's more skilled than Gray in H2h who beat Mest who spams teleportation magic in combat.
Except Gray has several good options up close. Ultear basically just has her sword.

Blade can fight against Copen, who's been fighting various Adepts for over a century. Basically, you're pitting a zoner with limited close combat options against a rushdown character who can instantly close the distance. Blade also has an AP advantage, upscales from the AP advantage, and then gets Berserk Trigger on top of it.

Back