• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B Tournament Round 3, Match 1 Akame vs Blade

Plot here is basically for sake of plot (and mine's fun). If it was relevant for debate some fights could change (for instance, then I had more arguments on Quote's side on previous debate).

I'll probably make the note in next threads then.
I don’t think this was meant to be the case, I think the OP didn’t take that into account

I see. However, Blade has plenty of experience fighting more skilled opponents, like Copen. Copen had some formal martial arts training even before beginning to fight Adepts and can create strategy on the fly (Like when he took advantage of Gibril's anger issues). And that was before he fought various supernatural enemies for over a century. And Blade still outdoes him.

And Blade dosn't really have any weak spots to exploit. The only place she could be hit and have the curse applied without Akame breaking her armor (Something very unlikely to happen given the AP advantage) is her neck, which is somewhere no fighter would just let themselves be hit, even if it's for the sake of getting a strong hit. And once again, Blade's default stance is super defensive, so it's unlikely she'd fall for a bait like that.

No weak spots to exploit is an issue but not something Akame hasn’t been able to get around, she canonically did this with Wave.

Having a defensive fighting style doesn’t really mean you can’t be baited, especially if you feign a bad move offensively and make your opponent take the bait.

I don’t get your first point, are you saying she’s fought more skilled opponents then herself? Or she’s fought more skilled opponents then Akame?

Having a defensive fighting style doesn’t really mean you can’t be baited, especially if you feign a bad move offensively and make your opponent take the bait.
Yeah, but Akame still would have to hit Blade in the Neck, somewhere she wouldn't leave undefended. Not to mention, Blade can literally just spam whip swords and projectiles from afar and keep that distance with teleportation.

I don’t think the armor point and how the work in the future is particularly relevant. Not only is it fiction so how much stronger or better Armors are really matter. Akame already fought Wave, who was physically strong enough to one shot her, who wore a full body armor and she still would have killed him had the not been interrupted.

Another point I’m surprised hasn’t been mentioned is Akame is very prone at baiting people who don’t know her sword. Sure it doesn’t take a genius to know not to be hit, but what if you’re in a position where you can land a very strong blow and only be dealt a light scratch? Would Blade really be willing to pass up an opportunity like that?
First off. THANK YOU FOR READING, actual legend right here.

As for the Wave thing, if I researched correctly that was done due to her hitting the same spot over and over right? I think I did mention it in my essay, but wouldn't using such a method make her predictable in a sense? This would be difficult especially when Akame is forced to approach due to range. Defending + Attacking is harder than one thinks.

The baiting thing... Not sure. It certainly can't be used at a range disadvantage, but maybe up close something can be done.

But from what I'm seeing is that you're saying that Akame's non hax normal sword skills will be able to surpass Blades sword skill PLUS all the other powers she has. I wouldn't be surprised if she outskills Blade in sword combat- but can you elaborate how she would deal with everything else?

Going to school now

by the way Akame (i know its not in her profile but the akg profiles are a mess and still seeking for abilities missed,so i found this one) has analytical prediction,she used this for example in the battle with Izou (and probably is another motive to how she was able to fight with Zank and Esdeath wich they have analytical prediction as well) just wanted to bring out since this could be a factor

by the way Akame (i know its not in her profile but the akg profiles are a mess and still seeking for abilities missed,so i found this one) has analytical prediction,she used this for example in the battle with Izou (and probably is another motive to how she was able to fight with Zank and Esdeath wich they have analytical prediction as well) just wanted to bring out since this could be a factor
Agreed, it’s definitely giving her an edge in sword combat, though that + everything else the challenge she is facing

First off. THANK YOU FOR READING, actual legend right here.

As for the Wave thing, if I researched correctly that was done due to her hitting the same spot over and over right? I think I did mention it in my essay, but wouldn't using such a method make her predictable in a sense? This would be difficult especially when Akame is forced to approach due to range. Defending + Attacking is harder than one thinks.

The baiting thing... Not sure. It certainly can't be used at a range disadvantage, but maybe up close something can be done.

But from what I'm seeing is that you're saying that Akame's non hax normal sword skills will be able to surpass Blades sword skill PLUS all the other powers she has. I wouldn't be surprised if she outskills Blade in sword combat- but can you elaborate how she would deal with everything else?

Going to school now
Yeah it’s sort of predictable but that didn’t really stop her from hitting said spot repeatedly despite that. Hell Akame herself is getting analytical prediction soon so that would likely help.

Depends on what stuff Blade has that Akame hasn’t experience against. Lightning or electricity is difficult to use on her via range given she fought General Budo who could quite literally summon hundreds of lightning bolts at once.

Well, we can definitely say that’s the win condition for Akame, break through the same spot with her skill while trying to avoid Blade’s projectiles and unique sword whip. This is… kind of hard- which one single clash between swords will leave her vulnerable to attack due to shocking, especially if she’s aiming for the same place over and over, and over, Blade will eventually catch on

She has Crashbolt, Anti-Aerial Assaults moves, the freedom of not being restricted to one angle of attacks- I’d say that she’s pretty good to defend. I don’t see how Akame can deal with teleport’s hit box and Crashbolt as that’s just an absolute defense, every time she’s about to hit Blade, Blade can just pop that and no u her.

Doesn’t Crashbolt blatantly show electricity running through the blade? Why would Akame clash with it? Unless that’s just electricity in general, in which case sake question

Anti Aerial assault moves isn’t relevant against a non aerial opponent.

Not restricted to one angle of attack? I don’t see how that’s incredibly special.

Crashbolt is the one where the calls down electricity to strike her and stuff, anti-melee, the point I’m trying to make is that Akame trying any attack at all at Blade’s body during that attack is an overall bad idea. I don’t think she’d do that because she isn’t stupid, but it basically locks her out of getting her attacks in. Same with teleport, Blade can kinda just camp if she really wanted to if she thinks Akame’s close range is really that dangerous… which it is.

Uh, for that one a lot of Blade’s projectiles are ground based so I thought it would be logical for Akame to y’know, jump to dodge, blocking it would just electrocute her

It’s not special lol, it’s just something that Akame doesn’t have the luxury of having since she’s going with the armor breaking strategy

Last edited:
How much AoE is that? Akame dealt with Budou who does the same thing. Plus, I do question what Blade will think of a normal looking girl with a sword and immediately assume she’s a massive threat.

Ducking or Sidestepping are usually how Akame dishes though, she isn’t an aerial fighter unless necessary.

IF Akame goes for the armor breaking strategy, a couple people already pointed out she isn’t sticking to a single fighting style the entire way.

Question, just how dangerous is being shocked by Blade’s attacks?

Still not quite sure about the prior information and what not, so idk

AoE, isn’t all that much, but if combined with a Conductive Interr. as shown in the gifs, it can expand to be quite a bit. I’m sure that Akame wouldn’t have a problem dodging it, the thing I’m trying to point out is that Crashbolt is a very useful defensive tool to ward off Akame’s dangerous sword skills, not talking about it as an attack. Couple this with her teleports, competent sword skill in her own right (fighting someone 114+ years older than you gotta say something about your skill), and her defense is pretty air tight.

Gotcha

And Gotcha, still sticking with my defense argument from above, coupled with range (attacking is a form of defense you can say), so Blade has like, 4 layers of defense, Range, Crashbolt, Sword Skill, and Teleport. You can argue that Akame can fight all of those individually, but Blade can do it all at the same time.

Blade’s lightning is quite possibly the strongest thing in the verse right now, next to like Asimov I guess. A casual shock outright one shotted a guy who stomps the verse’s 3.1 Megaton feat, since that feat was casual, with the whole “Hmph! Is that all you’re capable of” anime thing and everything just to make that point. It’s safe to say that once Akame gets hit by one, she’s gonna be like “oh shit she strong her swings are devastating yo”

That would put them around the same AP ballpark, she can break Budo’s armor who can do a 5.4 megaton feat from just standing.

Oh dang just from standing huh? That’s pretty ebic

Still this sort of still puts us at a standstill here, I’m pretty sure Blade’s different forms of defense and ranged attacks give her the win condition she needs, especially with her ridiculous days on end (at least, possibly weeks) with Berserker Trigger on and still putting out stomp fights when she should’ve been tired a long damn while ago before that. Of course, Akame can still win since well, one shot poison is always going to be a threat

Hmmmm... really tempted to vote incon right now.

If I understand the votes correctly

Blade: Me, Smashor, Vel, Hmesko

Akame: Popted2, Pain, Schnee (implied)

Incon: DontTalk (implied)

Last edited:
Oh dang just from standing huh? That’s pretty ebic

Still this sort of still puts us at a standstill here, I’m pretty sure Blade’s different forms of defense and ranged attacks give her the win condition she needs, especially with her ridiculous days on end (at least, possibly weeks) with Berserker Trigger on and still putting out stomp fights when she should’ve been tired a long damn while ago before that. Of course, Akame can still win since well, one shot poison is always going to be a threat
Blade can't use Berserk Trigger she would be 7-B

Blade can't use Berserk Trigger she would be 7-B
Smashtwig means that even after Berserk Trigger forced her to search for Copen for possibly days, she still was capable of fighting three Adepts at once once she was brought out of the state. The Muse is stated to buff Septima, nothing implies it buffs Stamina.

ok
also Akame (again another power wich is not in the profile), has awakened power via saying the word "bury" basically she became more stronger by saying that word,
Smashtwig means that even after Berserk Trigger forced her to search for Copen for possibly days, she still was capable of fighting three Adepts at once once she was brought out of the state. The Muse is stated to buff Septima, nothing implies it buffs Stamina.
well Akame can still live after being cursed by Murasame, after she utilize her trump card she is covered by Marks of Murasame wich cause her to feel an immense pain all over the body thats the stamina of Akame

Four layers of defenses plus staying somewhat stagnant due to being the ranged person would wittle down less stamina than the always aggressive and approaching pursuer though, idk

Four layers of defenses plus staying somewhat stagnant due to being the ranged person would wittle down less stamina than the always aggressive and approaching pursuer though, idk
Pain all over the body continuosly,
also Akame would Never aggressive approach her is not her style instead she would run from her, hiding in the homes of the map ceruelan beach and create an opening

also Akame would Never aggressive approach her is not her style instead she would run from her, hiding in the homes of the map ceruelan beach and create an opening
Gunvolt, who has the same Septima, endured something similar, a pain he described as "His body being slowly torn apart". And he could still move fine. And since they have the same Septima, which is stated to enhance their physicals, Blade should be similar.

I know I just said enhancing Septima dosn't enhance Stamina, but I kinda forgot about Azure Strikers' Septima increasing their physical stats. Not to mention, it's unclear if this enhancement would apply to Stamina, since we don't see it apply to speed. Either way, Blade's stamina is really good.

Oh, so she hides huh? If that’s the case, Blade will just spam projectiles until Akame either falls or those buildings utterly collapse

Oh, so she hides huh? If that’s the case, Blade will just spam projectiles until Akame either falls or those buildings utterly collapse
How is blade spamming projectile around suppose to take care of akame? She can't sense akame or even know where she is, so how is she sensing her?
And akame can cover the entire capital distance in a short time(few mins) she can cover hundreds of kilometer on foot in a few mins less than 10 mins btw, while in the shadows or hiding she simply blitz her opponents unaware like esdeath,

How is blade spamming projectile around suppose to take care of akame? She can't sense akame or even know where she is, so how is she sensing her?
And akame can cover the entire capital distance in a short time(few mins) she can cover hundreds of kilometer on foot in a few mins less than 10 mins btw, while in the shadows or hiding she simply blitz her opponents unaware like esdeath,
Speed is equalized, so she can't do that. And if it was unequalized, Blade has lightspeed reactions.

You can't speed boost to the point of blitzing against a character who's naturally faster than you in speed equal.

Back