• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B Tournament - Meepo (D&D) vs Euben (Killer Vamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys brought up how Meepo can fly, that is a direct counter to any of Euben's wincons as well. You guys also brought up the magic missile being something used at range, and that he can fire five of them, undodgeable attacks, able to fire 5, Euben can't block or dodge it. How is this not a stomp? And if they are fired at closer range it also still makes the match a stomp. Not to mention but Armor also brought up Meepo's skill in combat which Euben seems to be below as well, so even in close combat Euben wouldn't have a chance.
I'm not sure you've understood every post in this discussion.

Meepo is probably less skilled than Euben, just not by a landslide. That, and Magic Missiles are specifically the weakest attacks Meepo can use, they're just also guaranteed hits so it's the standard strategy.

A stomp is a situation in which one party just cannot achieve victory realistically. Realistically speaking, Euben can win this match. I really think you're misinterpreting something here, because the notion of this being a stomp is so alien to me that I still really don't understand how you're coming to that conclusion.

Meepo is probably less skilled than Euben, just not by a landslide. That, and Magic Missiles are specifically the weakest attacks Meepo can use, they're just also guaranteed hits so it's the standard strategy.
The missiles will pierce Euben's armor hitting him directly, are you saying they aren't in Low 7-B range? Otherwise they will do significant damage to him. And all Meepo needs to do is launch several of them and Euben may end up dead from that alone.

A stomp is a situation in which one party just cannot achieve victory realistically. Realistically speaking, Euben can win this match. I really think you're misinterpreting something here, because the notion of this being a stomp is so alien to me that I still really don't understand how you're coming to that conclusion.
How is Meepo having two options to outrange, can fly, has the ability to mitigate the damage he receives, somewhat comparable in skill to Euben, has speed amps of his own, not a stomp?
I'll also vote Meepo if the arguments are coming to a close. Even a small range advantage mixed with guaranteed hits is enough it seems.
You said yourself that the small range advantage and guaranteed hits is enough. I'm saying yeah, Euben has no counter to those at all.

The missiles will pierce Euben's armor hitting him directly, are you saying they aren't in Low 7-B range? Otherwise they will do significant damage to him. And all Meepo needs to do is launch several of them and Euben may end up dead from that alone.

How is Meepo having two options to outrange, can fly, has the ability to mitigate the damage he receives, somewhat comparable in skill to Euben, has speed amps of his own, not a stomp?

You said yourself that the small range advantage and guaranteed hits is enough. I'm saying yeah, Euben has no counter to those at all.
They are, functionally, Low 7-B, but they are weaker than the rest of Meepo's arsenal.

I said they were enough to consider this a win in Meepo's favor, and they are. I just disagree with the idea that Euben has zero possibility of winning.

They are, functionally, Low 7-B, but they are weaker than the rest of Meepo's arsenal.

I said they were enough to consider this a win in Meepo's favor, and they are. I just disagree with the idea that Euben has zero possibility of winning.
Euben's win con is being able to hit Meepo repeatedly til he dies, can't do that if Meepo can fly, out range, and lessen the damage from the potential hits. Sounds like he has zero chance to win. If Meepo discovers Euben has no ranged attacks and decides to fight from distance that would be a stomp. And considering Meepo's skill this would be an easy plan to think of no?

Dont think this can be added with no viable win con for Euben honestly
I'd really recommend not pulling Weekly tactics here (or, really I relay such a sentiment but calling out stomps improperly was definitely my jam back in the day)

Meepo's more likely to win because he can maintain range, he's still at approximately a 3x speed disadvantage and just leverages range and magic missile to get around that better, along with having damage reduction and forcefields to whether the storm

If Re-baking lasts too long and the guy hits his wings or other important and vulnerable components, Meepo's going to have his momentum start to stall until he breaks (and even if flying gives him a significant edge against that, it's not an outright impossibility that the guy manages to jump up, nail him out of the air and have the fight wind down from there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back