• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B Tournament - Meepo (D&D) vs Euben (Killer Vamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Speed Equalized, fight takes place outside a parking lot.

Meepo is >>2.57 Megatons, Euben is 3.12 Megatons. AP is roughly even, maybe somewhat in Meepo's favor.

Meepo: 6: DMUA, Tllm, Lephyr, Bambu, Me, Harith

Euben Pemberton: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
I'll start by posting Meepo's standard tactics:

Meepo canonically leads by casting Haste (doubles speed for one minute, he has 9 casts per day) and Wraithstrike (attacks gain a phasing property, ignoring armor but not durability), then flies around the enemy using ranged attacks. If that doesn't work or melee seems inevitable/beneficial he'll transform into a Fleshraker (fangs and tail deliver venom, very powerful venom given D&D hax scaling though not lethal in just one dosage) and tries to pounce, which admittedly might not be very useful given the LS gap. Note that he can still cast spells while transformed. In melee combat he uses breath attacks and melee. If necessary, Meepo will flee from a fight.

Other things of note: He is completely immune to attacks of raw energy thanks to his brooch, he's naturally resistant to damage that isn't magic or coming from a silver weapon thanks to being a lycanthrope and he resists basically any kinda hax via being a D&D character, so he's hard to put down.

Last edited:
Well to get this out the way, Euben's going to eclipse in power and speed relatively quick into the fight, he's fought against Shino who gained speed comparable to speed that previously blitzed him moments ago and also became strong as Euben who doubled his own strength in his Re-Baking. In Re-Baking Euben is gonna be 6.24mt and he'll only increase from there. So Euben will have the ap advantage and speed advantage from what I gather.

Two other things to note is that Euben also has bombs he's able to plant into the person he's fighting mid combat to slow their movements down as well which can allow him to land his attacks much easier and has done this against Shino who has incredible senses as well and couldn't detect them. Euben's skill in martial arts is basically the peak in his verse, allowing him almost perfect precision and great maneuverability against numerous attacks. I can send a skill chain to make it better understood if it ever comes up later on.

Well to get this out the way, Euben's going to eclipse in power and speed relatively quick into the fight, he's fought against Shino who gained speed comparable to speed that previously blitzed him moments ago and also became strong as Euben who doubled his own strength in his Re-Baking. In Re-Baking Euben is gonna be 6.24mt and he'll only increase from there. So Euben will have the ap advantage and speed advantage from what I gather.
I definitely wouldn't say speed, Meepo can double his with haste and I wouldn't assume that Euben's amps can bridge that just by covering a blitz or whatever. As for AP, that is fair enough but Meepo upscales a lot from his own value so it isn't a massive gap, and his damage reduction means that both will have to score plenty of hits to win.
Two other things to note is that Euben also has bombs he's able to plant into the person he's fighting mid combat to slow their movements down as well which can allow him to land his attacks much easier and has done this against Shino who has incredible senses as well and couldn't detect them. Euben's skill in martial arts is basically the peak in his verse, allowing him almost perfect precision and great maneuverability against numerous attacks. I can send a skill chain to make it better understood if it ever comes up later on.
Meepo resists the Statistics Reduction, so the bombs aren't really a factor. Skill is nice but Meepo mainly engages at range and has ways to straight up render dodging an impossibility (mainly Magic Missile, which homes in to the point of being undodgeable) so I wouldn't consider it a huge wincon on its own. But if you're interested I can share skill feats that Meepo would upscale from.

I definitely wouldn't say speed, Meepo can double his with haste and I wouldn't assume that Euben's amps can bridge that just by covering a blitz or whatever. As for AP, that is fair enough but Meepo upscales a lot from his own value so it isn't a massive gap, and his damage reduction means that both will have to score plenty of hits to win.
Can Meepo stack haste so it becomes more than 2x? Say 4x or 8x? If not, then Euben's amp is considerable enough to become a problem as it will only continue from the initial blitz increase to the point Meepo won't be able to land hits. And kinda the same with ap, Euben being 6.24mt and increasing from then on, it won't be hard for Euben to land several stronger hits at once before Meepo does.

Meepo resists the Statistics Reduction, so the bombs aren't really a factor. Skill is nice but Meepo mainly engages at range and has ways to straight up render dodging an impossibility (mainly Magic Missile, which homes in to the point of being undodgeable) so I wouldn't consider it a huge wincon on its own. But if you're interested I can share skill feats that Meepo would upscale from.
In what way does he resist stat reduct? The bombs aren't literal bombs but more so small like devices planted into the body and during combat will activate to hinder one's movements. Euben can just cover the gap in range honestly, he's superior to Gunji who ran hundreds of meters in a few seconds. Also looking at the description for magic missile, it deals light damage, Euben can just position his sword to cut it in half like he did so to Akira's arrow. Yeah I would like to see his skill feats.

Can Meepo stack haste so it becomes more than 2x? Say 4x or 8x? If not, then Euben's amp is considerable enough to become a problem as it will only continue from the initial blitz increase to the point Meepo won't be able to land hits.
He can't but you definitely can't assume an amp gets that massive without a stated multiplier, especially in the face of something that does have a multiplier. Eduben is slower so he isn't allowed to blitz Meepo anyways via speed equal rules anyways.
And kinda the same with ap, Euben being 6.24mt and increasing from then on, it won't be hard for Euben to land several stronger hits at once before Meepo does.
He can't get any higher than that actually, as that'd be out of Low 7-B.
In what way does he resist stat reduct? The bombs aren't literal bombs but more so small like devices planted into the body and during combat will activate to hinder one's movements.
Hinder them how?
Euben can just cover the gap in range honestly, he's superior to Gunji who ran hundreds of meters in a few seconds.
Speed equal though? Also Meepo flies
Also looking at the description for magic missile, it deals light damage, Euben can just position his sword to cut it in half like he did so to Akira's arrow.
I think it'd just phase through that, it does ignore armor. Even if it didn't it's a bunch of attacks so that's not very viable.
Yeah I would like to see his skill feats.
Keep in mind that Meepo is CR 16, so above anyone listed here (and in particular embarrassingly above people of low CR). Do note however that everything listed isn't something that one single character can all do, especially low levels (Though a character of a high enough level could amass together a lot of this)- Also some of the things listed like Inferno Blade are... a little goofy, but they are in-verse achieved through skill, not magic, I wouldn't take them 100% at face value but I did want to list them anyways.
  • CR 1: Stance of Clarity lets one analyze one enemy so thoroughly that they can read their stance, their favored attacks and even the method they used to train. Those knowledgeable in Martial Lore can determine all disciplines known by a person just by witnessing a single move of theirs. Users of Maneuvers can achieve small moments of enlightenment mid-combat to perform an extremely powerful technique. While they can blur the line between natural and supernatural, most of these abilities are non-magical, all are executed via sheer martial training, and other martial classes are equal to them in skill. Desert Wind's complex maneuvers summon fire around one's weapon, and other disciplines can do the same with other types of energy. Diamond Mind initiates perceive time slower. Desert Fire boosts damage upon following the movement patterns of desert winds. Can intuitively pick steady spots in rough and unstable terrain, moving across it as if it were perfectly normal with Step of the Wind, and strike foes atop it with the perfect timing and positioning to collapse it underneath them. Keep in mind that they can all do exactly one of these things.
  • CR 2: Flashing Sun lets one perform impossibly fast strikes. Foehammer ignores damage reduction. Action Before Thought allows one to react to an attack instinctively before they even consciously notice it. Emerald Razor lets one spot the weakness of an opponent's style and capitalize on it in just an instant.
  • CR 3: Githzerai warriors can potentially have thousands of years of training, thanks to the timeless nature of the Astral Plane. Users of Superior Unarmed Strike are trained to hit foes' most vulnerable areas. Exorcism of Steel is a strike to the foe's weapon that sends a shockwave through it, harming their arms.
  • CR 5: Hearing the Air lets one hone their senses and awareness to a point that they can fight invisible foes as if they could see them. Thicket of Blades allows the user to capitalize on the slightest flaw in an opponent's guard.
  • CR 6: Users of Distant Horizon can analyze an opponent's weaknesses and cause them to suffer more damage for one minute with a special technique. Gloom Razor users can disappear mid-fight. Lingering Gloom allows one to temporarily become invisible to one specific enemy upon hiding from their attacks.
  • CR 7: Comparable to Rakshasa (Naityan Rakshasas are CR 7), warriors that have the collective knowledge, experience and skill of their parents, down to entire billions of years, adding more to the collective that gets passed down through the generations.
  • CR 8: Users of Stunning Fist can strike pressure points to stun foes and those with Falling Sun Attack can pinpoint said weak points with utmost precision and stun them with a wider variety of attacks.
  • CR 9: At 22 Int, Word Archons are capable of making invariably correct tactical choices in combat and predict their foes' movements and attacks well ahead of time.
  • CR 13: Inferno Blade lets Swordsages briefly transform their weapon into pure magma. Avalanche of Blades lets one enter a flow state in which they can increase their attack speed further.

He can't but you definitely can't assume an amp gets that massive without a stated multiplier, especially in the face of something that does have a multiplier. Eduben is slower so he isn't allowed to blitz Meepo anyways via speed equal rules anyways.
Not assuming, it's more about the quality of speed, while you have a 2x stated speed amp, I have a blitz difference speed amp that continuously grows in combat. At the very least, Meepo will almost never land any hits due to Euben always having greater speed.

He can't get any higher than that actually, as that'd be out of Low 7-B.
Same with as I said above, though Meepo's damage reduction counters this.

Hinder them how?
Say Meepo is going in for a punch or tries moving while using haste, the bombs will activate and pierce from within his body messing with his movements. In one example Shino attempted to attack Euben and a bomb activated, hinder his movement and allowed Euben to attack in that moment.

Speed equal though? Also Meepo flies
Feel like I'm understanding less and less on what equal speed means. Are the characters reduced to normal human speed or something? Both our characters are above the speed feat I'm bringing up here, idk why this feat would be ignored in the fight.

I think it'd just phase through that, it does ignore armor. Even if it didn't it's a bunch of attacks so that's not very viable.
It phases through cuz its magic I'm assuming? And how many attacks is it?

Keep in mind that Meepo is CR 16, so above anyone listed here (and in particular embarrassingly above people of low CR). Do note however that everything listed isn't something that one single character can all do, especially low levels (Though a character of a high enough level could amass together a lot of this)- Also some of the things listed like Inferno Blade are... a little goofy, but they are in-verse achieved through skill, not magic, I wouldn't take them 100% at face value but I did want to list them anyways.
Some of the list sounds like skills/abilities specifically for a certain group, so what in the list can Meepo do?

Not assuming, it's more about the quality of speed, while you have a 2x stated speed amp, I have a blitz difference speed amp that continuously grows in combat. At the very least, Meepo will almost never land any hits due to Euben always having greater speed.
You can't really assume there's no limit to that though, and you can't really assume a "blitz" is bigger than 2x.
Say Meepo is going in for a punch or tries moving while using haste, the bombs will activate and pierce from within his body messing with his movements. In one example Shino attempted to attack Euben and a bomb activated, hinder his movement and allowed Euben to attack in that moment.
I see. Then no he doesn't resist that, though damage reduction might lessen the effect. (He's definitely not going to punch unless he has to though)
Feel like I'm understanding less and less on what equal speed means. Are the characters reduced to normal human speed or something? Both our characters are above the speed feat I'm bringing up here, idk why this feat would be ignored in the fight.
Well it's just, if they're comparable to one another he can't really cross a huge distance in a timeframe that Meepo can't react to.
It phases through cuz its magic I'm assuming? And how many attacks is it?
Bit of a complicated answer, basically it's three darts at base level but it can be cast with a higher spell slot (basically think of them as "points" Meepo can expend to cast a spell of a specific strength) to add more darts to it, for a max total of 5 darts in Meepo's case.
Some of the list sounds like skills/abilities specifically for a certain group, so what in the list can Meepo do?
None of those actually, I'm just listing them for scaling because he is more skilled than any of that.

Well it's just, if they're comparable to one another he can't really cross a huge distance in a timeframe that Meepo can't react to.
Oh I am not arguing for Meepo being unable to react with this, it's simply to address the range Meepo would fight at, he's got dozens of meters listed, Euben could just cover that is all.

Bit of a complicated answer, basically it's three darts at base level but it can be cast with a higher spell slot (basically think of them as "points" Meepo can expend to cast a spell of a specific strength) to add more darts to it, for a max total of 5 darts in Meepo's case.
Not sure what else he can do here besides just keep trying to evade them, once he tries cutting one and he can't he'll opt to evading but since they'll phase through all his ice I don't really see much more he can do here. Will they go through his body or only the armor?

Not sure what else he can do here besides just keep trying to evade them, once he tries cutting one and he can't he'll opt to evading but since they'll phase through all his ice I don't really see much more he can do here. Will they go through his body or only the armor?
Only the armor, they're guaranteed damage essentially but they don't duraneg, they're actually on the weaker end of spells to balance for that.

As far as I am aware, Meepo's limited casts are more of a game mechanic than an actual limitation, since I don't think Vancian spellcasting has been recognized since WotC took over- it's often been shown to be closer to a stamina issue than anything, with some spellcasters being capable of continuously casting spells for days on end (Emirikol the Chaotic has such a statement, and he is also 6-C with Meepo). That said, Meepo's spellcasting is comparatively weak, and it may well be a different sort of specifically trained arcane stamina, it's hard to say.

With that said: Meepo possesses flight and a range advantage (albeit not an incredible one, and it may take Meepo a bit of testing to fully realize this range advantage) to abuse that range advantage, and the ability to create Shield spells to deflect whatever attacks do happen to reach him. His own attacks pierce defenses, whether via Magic Missile or Wraithstrike.

I agree that the speed balancing here seems considerably wack. Meepo himself is also upscaling from the High 8-C guys' feat, he's nearly double the CR you need to scale to the Rel+ stat (CR 11 to Meepo's CR 19). With him then doubling that already large upscaling chain, I don't see a blitz being a legitimate outcome. Euben is probably more skilled but it's not as though Meepo isn't also duking it out with the martial high-ends of his own verse, too- Meepo is a celebrated warlord who turned the War of the Dragon around for the kobold species. A previously mocked race is suddenly stated to have a leader who invokes fear in his former enemies- it's not nothing, definitely. And for some of these spells, dodging just literally isn't an option- Magic Missile strikes unerringly (in return for, as Armor pointed out, relatively lower damage output). Although, I should point out that 3.5e (where Meepo comes from) has spells just upscale without using higher "slots"- your spells are naturally stronger if you are.

As far as I am aware, Meepo's limited casts are more of a game mechanic than an actual limitation, since I don't think Vancian spellcasting has been recognized since WotC took over- it's often been shown to be closer to a stamina issue than anything, with some spellcasters being capable of continuously casting spells for days on end (Emirikol the Chaotic has such a statement, and he is also 6-C with Meepo). That said, Meepo's spellcasting is comparatively weak, and it may well be a different sort of specifically trained arcane stamina, it's hard to say.
Oh yeah, I always forget

definitely wouldn't say speed, Meepo can double his with haste and I wouldn't assume that Euben's amps can bridge that just by covering a blitz or whatever.
Depends on what they mean by "blitz". Keep in mind that wikiwise, that's 7x, going off the gap between a normal person and Subsonic, which is impossible to react to
If not, then Euben's amp is considerable enough to become a problem as it will only continue from the initial blitz increase to the point Meepo won't be able to land hits.
That said, their accelerated development doesn't really seem to say that they just always increase in power forever, just that they aren't bound by human limitations for how strong they can get. Given that the Regen is also overtime, it's not like you could suggest that they can just repeatedly overload themselves until they break only to regenerate stronger.

That said, their accelerated development doesn't really seem to say that they just always increase in power forever, just that they aren't bound by human limitations for how strong they can get. Given that the Regen is also overtime, it's not like you could suggest that they can just repeatedly overload themselves until they break only to regenerate stronger.
Yeah it's not completely explained in Euben's page but you can check Shino Hinomoto's page, Euben's accel scales to him as they fought and Euben continuously kept up with Shino even though Shino is able to develop in mere moments against people who were previously faster and stronger than him.

To make it better understood, Euben enters Re-Baking and blitzes Shino, and has doubled his strength and yet Shino starts keeping up with him right after he was blitzed and Euben continues to progress alongside Shino.

Depends on what they mean by "blitz". Keep in mind that wikiwise, that's 7x, going off the gap between a normal person and Subsonic, which is impossible to react to

Even in the instance of a blitz, magic missile would hit, though. Not to mention, again, Meepo's range advantage and tendency to abuse it.

To make it better understood, Euben enters Re-Baking and blitzes Shino, and has doubled his strength and yet Shino starts keeping up with him right after he was blitzed and Euben continues to progress alongside Shino.
You really aught to post at least some evidence of this, I've had plenty of experience with the word "blitz" being used rather liberally

Allow me to demonstrate: it seems to be explicitly mentioned that Shino is just a particularly special guy capable of adapting at that rate, which puts him at stark contrast against the person he's fighting, so there's not a lot of proof they'd be able to evolve at an extreme rate mid combat as a general rule.

The profiles also neglect to mention another core detail displayed there, that re-baking is a very temporary measure. Meepo has the means to keep his distance via mitigating the gap with an opening Haste and his Damage Reduction, Forcefields and constant barrages of Magic Missiles should more than let him tackle something like that (even if I do now also see that they definitely do wildly outpace the other guy's reactions)

I'll officially vote Meepo, on account of that and the reasons above

Last edited:
You really aught to post at least some evidence of this, I've had plenty of experience with the word "blitz" being used rather liberally

Allow me to demonstrate: it seems to be explicitly mentioned that Shino is just a particularly special guy capable of adapting at that rate, which puts him at stark contrast against the person he's fighting.

The profiles also neglect to mention another core detail displayed there, that re-baking is a very temporary measure. Meepo has the means to keep his distance via mitigating the gap with an opening Haste and his Damage Reduction, Forcefields and constant barrages of Magic Missiles should more than let him tackle something like that (even if I do now also see that they definitely do wildly outpace the other guy's reactions)

I'll officially vote Meepo, on account of that and the reasons above
The blitz is on Shino's page in accel development but here

True Vampires in general can develop, as stated in their profiles they can break through that ceiling of strength, so regardless of Shino's development being mentioned does not negate that Euben also is able to do that as well and the fact he keeps up with Shino throughout the fight shows that. And I did forget mentioning Re-Baking is temporary, while that is true Euben also says the time limit is proportional to the accumulated power, he accumulated this power in preparation for a war, so I'd say the time frame it'd last would be hours on.

Also this range point that keeps being brought up; I don't get why we can simply ignore Euben > Gunji who covered hundreds of meters in a short time. Why is equal speed able to hand wave that away?
Oh I am not arguing for Meepo being unable to react with this, it's simply to address the range Meepo would fight at, he's got dozens of meters listed, Euben could just cover that is all.

True Vampires in general can develop, as stated in their profiles they can break through that ceiling of strength, so regardless of Shino's development being mentioned does not negate that Euben also is able to do that as well and the fact he keeps up with Shino throughout the fight shows that. And I did forget mentioning Re-Baking is temporary, while that is true Euben also says the time limit is proportional to the accumulated power, he accumulated this power in preparation for a war, so I'd say the time frame it'd last would be hours on.
The only thing here that's actually substantiated by the page is the accelerated development point, and even that seems iffy given he explicitly feels the need to limit his opponent's movements via time bombs, which doesn't really paint a picture that he's capable of just maintaining the same speed like you suggest. That kind of accelerated development also inherently requires a superior opponent to respond to, it's not like Shiro just stood around and blitzed the guy immediately, he needed to be outsped first and adapted to that. As we've established, Meepo is evening the odds with haste, not gaining an outright advantage.
Also this range point that keeps being brought up; I don't get why we can simply ignore Euben > Gunji who covered hundreds of meters in a short time. Why is equal speed able to hand wave that away?
Because it means their speeds are... Equal. If he can move hundreds of meters in a brief timeframe, Meepo will be able to do so as well, especially via Flight. It's not perfect since he has the speed advantage when he transforms, but SBA range means he'll have a headstart and he can maintain that distance by simply going above the ground, since his opponent lacks flight.

Because it means their speeds are... Equal. If he can move hundreds of meters in a brief timeframe, Meepo will be able to do so as well, especially via Flight. It's not perfect since he has the speed advantage when he transforms, but SBA range means he'll have a headstart and he can maintain that distance by simply going above the ground, since his opponent lacks flight.
Flight is fine, if that's the counter used. I'm not arguing for Meepo being unable to react here, I'm referring to us ignoring a travel speed feat in equal speed matches. If two characters can fly at the speed of sound and but their combat speed is hypersonic, in an equal speed match is their flight speed just thrown out?

Well "combat speed" still covers short bursts like dashing at an opponent even if at a far distance. It's something like reactions where it's strictly in a CQC situation and they go at a different pace in terms of running

But I think the equalization rules cover both separately if it's a reactions/travel split, so they'd be equalized to the speed of sound in travel and hypersonic reaction speed

You can add Dmua to Meepo, he voted him. And I won't really vote for Euben here considering most his win cons get countered by equal speed, time, range and magic missiles here.

I'll also vote Meepo if the arguments are coming to a close. Even a small range advantage mixed with guaranteed hits is enough it seems.

Match concluded, if yall feel like adding go ahead i'm too lazy lol

hit the other guy until he dies?
Yeah that's not viable given Meepo's range advantage. Euben's main way of winning is hitting meanwhile Meepo can outrange for hours on end, and Euben's Re-Baking won't last last long with the damage he'll take.

Yeah that's not viable given Meepo's range advantage. Euben's main way of winning is hitting meanwhile Meepo can outrange for hours on end, and Euben's Re-Baking won't last last long with the damage he'll take.
Meepo's range advantage for the vast majority of his abilities isn't large enough to make it impossible to hit, Meepo isn't like info-analyzing the exact perfect range to stay at and remaining that exact distance no matter where Euben moves. We're not in a superflat Minecraft world, there are changes in elevation about even aside from this fact. I don't see how this could be a stomp.

Meepo's range advantage for the vast majority of his abilities isn't large enough to make it impossible to hit, Meepo isn't like info-analyzing the exact perfect range to stay at and remaining that exact distance no matter where Euben moves. We're not in a superflat Minecraft world, there are changes in elevation about even aside from this fact. I don't see how this could be a stomp.
You guys brought up how Meepo can fly, that is a direct counter to any of Euben's wincons as well. You guys also brought up the magic missile being something used at range, and that he can fire five of them, undodgeable attacks, able to fire 5, Euben can't block or dodge it. How is this not a stomp? And if they are fired at closer range it also still makes the match a stomp. Not to mention but Armor also brought up Meepo's skill in combat which Euben seems to be below as well, so even in close combat Euben wouldn't have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back