• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Low 6-B Bracket R1 M1) Ddraig vs Dry Leonhard (3-2-0)

Speed is equalized so while he is looking into the future he gets stomped by speed and ap advantage from boost

Also looking into the future is the first thing he does?

1st boost closes the AP gap and makes him 2x faster.

2nd boost makes him double is AP and 4x faster.

3rd boost 4x AP and 8x faster.

IDK man can Dry keep up with that?

Phoenks said:
Speed is equalized so while he is looking into the future he gets stomped by speed and ap advantage from boost
Also looking into the future is the first thing he does?
His entire powerset is precog + Null. Either Dry looks into the future and nukes or he just nukes because he has a literall dragon in front of him. If Ddraig spends his time using boosts (Witch i recalls doubles his stats with each time) Dry would have enough time to glimpse into the future and then nukes. Until the third boost Dry should have no problem keeping up, he had no problems against attacks that blitzed him

Moving... Really dosnt help much as a big dragon against attacks with AoEs that could destroyes big chuncks of cities

You said he would be watching the future or something as soon as he starts so what's stopping Draig from just going towards him while boosting a few times?

The fact that he literally uses the thing without trouble in a fight where he had to fight something that could blitz him.

Ddraig doesn't just boost like mad and try to blitz and end battles. You are literally just altering what he would do to counteract Fry's skillset.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
The fact that he literally uses the thing without trouble in a fight where he had to fight something that could blitz him.
Ddraig doesn't just boost like mad and try to blitz and end battles. You are literally just altering what he would do to counteract Fry's skillset.
Dont mind me, just going to request a canon name change from the author.

Fry, the dry frying pan, and his abilities are fire based. This is now canon and no one can change my mind

If he is ready to kill which is SBA then he would start by boosting

But we have already seen Ddraig fight as summoned by Issei, he doesn't just boost the first instant and tries to overpower from the first move.

Even so if he gets hit by an attack that is above him he is going to boost. Because of Speed Equalized at the start he will have the upperhand throughout the rest of the fight. AoE is going to be the main problem however Draig also has AoE attacks and can hit him through his attacks.

Except that won't work, as Fry's fighting style uses waves a **** ton, be it as literal projectiles or to enhance his physical strikes. He's gonna be nulled most of the time if he gets hit for real.

And sure, show me literal any case of Ddraig when Issei actually summons him just boosting the heck up first moment he gets fighting someone comparable.

Like... Look.

Ddraig has not the advantage the moment he is hit by any of Drys attack. They all powernull. No speed nor AP amp. And i am pretty sure the only attack that can reach Dry is Penetrate due to Penetrate shenanigens. Drys AP is over double the AP of Ddraig without Boosts, so his own AoE attacks will be of no help. And even then, Dry has a passive forcefield around him, he has no problem shrugging off any of Ddraigs unboosted attacks that arent Penetrate attacks.

So if Ddraig dosnt manage boost AT LEAST 3 times while Dry stands around doing nothing (Witch i doubt because a literall god damn dragon stands in front of him) he gets nuked until the planet is kapput.

Not even penetrate, unless is a Defense. I argued this before and one of the knowledgeable members said Penetrate has only been shown to work on Defensive abilities and shouldn't expect it to work on anything else.

So AoEs still get teared apart by Dry's own AoE's, while his forcefield from his DC coat is more or less nonexistent.

Alright I guess although his wave's are still confusing to me.

So Draig's wincon is being able to boost 3x or smthin?

Replying to some things:

1. Ddraig is scaling to Vali's 5.9 teratons.

2. Penetrate isn't a projectile.

3. For the part about nulling Boost for a while, it might be worth noting that Worthless can achieve the same effect (nullifying the functions and effects of objects and abilities for a good while) but Issei could still use Boost after being hit by it. He'd lose all of the boosted power, but he could still use it without having to wait for long.

4. Penetrate doesn't seem to be limited to bypassing defenses anymore. Ddraig was spamming it against a Crom that was focusing on evasion, and they were also talking about using it against Gressil who pretty much doesn't bother with defense and tries to tank attacks instead. Here, you can see how it went through an offensive use of flames:

Shin DxD 3, Life 0

The hellfire-like flames that the [Red Dragon], one of the two Heavenly Dragons, and the Legendary Evil Dragon Crom Cruach breathed out were so powerful that they set the whole area ablaze. Their flames' power was equal—. No, Crom Cruach's was indeed more powerful as it slowly forced Ddraig's flame back!

Both Sacred Gear users, Hyoudou Issei and Vali Lucifer, had once fought against Crom Cruach in the past. He had fought against the Heavenly Dragons for several times. It's only natural that he had gotten stronger. Ddraig then thought, 'If that's the case' and then used his [Penetrate] ability and heightened its penetrating power, resulting in Ddraig's flames getting closer to Crom Cruach's body whilst going through Crom Cruach's flames.

5. Not sure what the argument is, but Ddraig does use Boost a lot:

Shin DxD 3, Life 0

[Boost]—The ability of the Longinus [Boosted Gear]. Ddraig, who was the origin of that ability, used that every time he threw out a punch.
That part is the initial exchanges of the match btw.

Volume 25

Ddraig proudly said

"Did you forget? [Boost] and [Penetrate] are my original abilities. I can increase the power of my flames and aura, and make it 'penetrate' as it hits you just like that."

Yes, that was Ddraig's specialty. The original abilities that dwelled in my Sacred Gear… The commentator screamed.

Ddraig laughed as if there was no enemy that could stand up to him as he said to Typhon and Apollon-san.

"Do you want to find out once again? —Just how strong I as a Heavenly Dragon once was in this world!?"

Ddraig continuously attacked Typhon! The flames and aura that Ddraig released were mixed with the power to [Double] and [Transmit], so everything pierced into Typhon at full power!

The first quote is for his first attack against Apollon.

Psycho i cant count that atm since I think there might be a debate going on still

Right, I almost forgot that I wanted to ask.

I know that before I saw something about great uncertainity whether Boost actually affected Speed, and I think it was said by you even but I don't remember. Does it affect speed in your eyes?

@BFF

1.) Right, so no double advantage for Dry, but Dry still has the AP advantage

2.) Got it

3.) Dont know how Worthless compares to Waves though. Waves can cancel out physics breaking abilities and prevent Phenomonenon weapons like Morglay from using their abilities. Does Worthless have compareable feats?

4.) So both Dry and Ddraig will get hit by their attacks if Ddraig decides to amp his attacks with Penetrate huh

5.) I didnt question that but its good to know

Still, i dont think this changes all too much. Dry has still his passive barrier, precog and powernull. If it comes to straight brawl Dry has the advantage

I am goign with Dry for First witch's reasons tbh and doesnt he have Mandala as well?

Also shouldnt Dry have subjective reality?

1. Draig can hit through barriers.

2. He does not have precog

Phoenks said:
How is observing probability precog tho
Via observing probability he is capable of predicting the future. I believe his ability works like the whole schrodinger's cat theory.

By the fact that the series outright states that he can see the future with the ability. Dont get hold up by the technic jargon the author loves to throw at the reader.

@Rocker

yeah thats Mandala Dry, i would give him subjective reality but that part of Mandala is too vague. We dont really know what he can do with it

The description of his precog should be changed because observing probability to predict the future isnt seeing the future

Are we now really debating sematics...

The ability is called "Future CONFIRMATION by observing probability" in the series itself, no prediction shenanigen you try to pull here. Who even claimed this to be prediction only. And why does it matter in any way, its literally sematics

@Lance

It does increase speed, it's just not certain if it's actually doubled since Boost and Divide are constantly only described to double or halve power.

Kokabiel's speed decreased a lot after Vali debuffed him, so both definitely affect speed. I'm just iffy on whether it's doubled / halved.

@Witch

Boost would be nulled regardless, so I don't think the potency is the issue here. Just the duration.

For Diehauser, he hasn't done much but he can nullify the functions of objects and systems. He should be able to nullify a lot more stuff, but I don't wanna stretch and potentially wank.

Back