• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Love is everlasting! Love will light the way! (DB Super, again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been reading both sides, and while I do agree with some of AKM's skeptism; I think there are other points that need to be made.

I do agree that 3-A stuff is heavily inconsistent; it is true that Ribrianne has traded blows with 3-A characters more often then not. Vegeta trades blows with her both in his base form and in his SSB form. But he's typically the one how has a slight advantage no matter what form he has. It can be argued that the base form examples are due to Vegeta's multiple zenkais he gets during the tournament. Hence, one thing I have to be strongly blunt about is that Goku and Vegeta are universal tier in all their forms; period. The lore was brought up back in BoG saga, Goku's PL was higher in base form post instant zenkai than it was in SSG form pre-zenkai, and he still got much stronger when he transformed again. And literally all zenkais post that just keep getting crazier and crazier. Literally most of the time, zenkais boost them to the point where each post zenkai base form is stronger than each SSB/SSG Pre Zenkai. And this accordingly scales to characters who are either stronger than certain forms; including most of the U6 cast + Piccolo, Gohan, Frieza, and 17. The last 4 even matched or sometimes overpowered SSB Goku level things.

Saying they had little to no training doesn't really mean much anymore as of DBZ Super. Frieza grew went from High 5-A but Low 4-C in his strongest forms to At least 4-B in first form and easily 3-A and above in final form and Golden Form in less than 4 months; he grew faster than Goku and Vegeta did in 16 years. Piccolo and Gohan went from At least High 4-C and 4-B respectively to being 3-A before the U6 tournament; Goku was surprised Goku matched Frost who was thought to be stronger than Final form Frieza at the time. 17 went to being well into SSB tier via training from some random aliens. Piccolo and Gohan got much stronger; where the latter needed SSB Kaioken to take on and Vegeta was somewhat worried Gohan might have surpassed him. And Piccolo is still almost as strong as Ultimate Gohan returned. While I agree 18 appears to be a different can of worms as the only training was just her sparring with Krillin and still being stronger. It could be argued she was holding back as she's clearly much stronger still, but she still values that Krillin is much stronger than he ever was.

Also, yes techniques and hax to help against much stronger foes, but not if they're multiple AP and speed tiers above you. Krillin was able to cut Frieza with his destructo disk but not Cell. Gohan and Goku were easily holding back massively against Krillin, in Goku's case he was holding back with style. But it still surprised Gohan how much his power and speed grew. The poison also surprised Gohan a great deal, but it didn't stop Gohan from curbstomping Lavender. Also, the mind training was just a massively weaker version of Krillin and yet he was able to keep up with Basil. But now that Krillin has gotten much stronger, I see no reason that he simply cannot beat Basil. They even sensed his power level to have gotten a lot stronger to where it's like no weaker than Majin Buu. I do agree that 18 was holding back in her fights against Shosa and Majora however mostly because she wanted to see how much Krillin has grown.

I agree that "Power struggles" are hard to judge as some characters literally hold back a lot against obviously much weaker characters. Which is especially true on Goku's end. But in the case of the Universe 6 saiyans; Caulifa literally throws Napapa off the ring alot more casually than Goku dragged Botamo out of the ring. I think it's best said that any "Struggle" is more like a lifting strength one rather than an AP one. But Caulifa went SSJ2 against the 4 Pride Troopers and she had help from Kale. Being 1/4th of someone who is more than 100x baseline 3-A would still be 3-A. Though, I agree it's inconsistent but the Pride Troopers are definitely no weaker than Napapa or Basil. They're still noticably weaker than 18 and I agree that giving Goku who was just playing around a hassle doesn't mean anything. But 18 and Ribrianne when it comes to in tournament feats just have so much. We also can't ignore Ribrianne breaking 17's barrier; though I agree 17 might also be holding back. Honestly, 18 and Ribrianne are like the biggest center divide between top tiers and underdogs. Between Blue's paralysis not working on Tao, or the fact that Chiaotzu even with his hax is nothing compared to Tien; techniques only at best help against someone less than 100x stronger or less than 10x faster at best roughly in a usual setting. Though poison from 4-B was effective against 3-A under surprised circumstances. But Krillin's techniques aren't hax per say; they're just martial arts techniques that catch people off guard; which still requires somewhat comparable speed to those on par with Basil.

Anyway, I still don't think the humans should be any weaker than Basil or Napapa. So I think At least 4-B is a reasonable compromise to all those Pride Troopers, Krillin, Tien, Roshi, those who scale from them, and 18 and Ribrianne at their weakest. I'm neutral on possibly 3-A. But if that gets rejected, Discussion rule might be in order but it should be written appropriately. Now please excuse me while I hurry to RL work again.

Gohan was not portrayed as weaker. Him not being able to go super saiyan was a result of him not keeping up his training. Doesn't mean he suddenly got a "lot" weaker. You are literally making up headcanon now for a point that is not even relevant here.

A 6 times boost is still believable, not something as egregious as going from star to universal without any explanation or logic.

I vehemently disagree with possibly rating because of reasons I already gave. This is going in circles.

He very clearly was, he hadn’t been keeping up with training and had to ask Piccolo to train him afterwards. He clearly wasn’t being portrayed as equal to, let along stronger than his previous self, so “there’s no reason for the increase” isn’t a point.

I already gave the explanation for 18 getting stronger, but sure, let’s say there’s no reason at all and scale her to someone she’s never even fought.

So I think At least 4-B is a reasonable compromise to all those Pride Troopers, Krillin, Tien, Roshi, those who scale from them, and 18 and Ribrianne at their weakest.
They don't scale to Basil and Napapa. The point about comparing how much a character struggled against someone is invalid when the character had no business fighting the other character in the first place. This is scaling from inconsistencies. Unless they were 3-A, neither Napapa nor Pride Troopers had any business to stand against Caulifla and if they did, it's an inconsistency, making it invalid by default to scale anybody else from. Now if you want to argue 3-A Pride Troopers based on fighting with Caulifla, it's a whole can of worms that upgrades every character to 3-A which I already covered above.

*4-B, at most 3-A Pride Troopers

Also as I’ve said before, literally every Pride Trooper that fought Caulifla and Kale already have that noted in their profiles and it makes up a majority of their justification.

already have that noted in their profiles and it makes up a majority of their justification.
Those justifications clearly say that about their combined attacks. The combined attack don't scale to their individual powers. If there is some form of confusion, then the wording can be changed.

Even if you divide the attack by the amount of Pride Troopers, it’d still be 3-A. Plus iirc, one of the Pride Troopers was individually beating on base Caulifla.

Cocotte: Fought Android 18 and tried to help the other Pride Troopers by an attack from Super Saiyan Kale and Caulifla.

Casserale: Shown attacking both Android 17 and Android 18 simultaneously using his energy blades while not at max power, and helped other Pride Troopers using the United Justice Stream against Super Saiyan Kale and Caulifla. Claimed by Belmond to be a professional warrior. Should be comparable to Kettol, Zoiray and Cocotte.

Kettol: Matched Shosa in combat at the start of the Tournament of Power, was capable of damaging Base Caulifla and helped other Pride Troopers against Super Saiyan Kale and Caulifla, should be comparable to Cocotte.

Zoiray: Squeezed Goku while Tupperheld Goku in place, held back Android 18 and Goku and helped other Pride Troopers against Super Saiyan Kale and Caulifla.

These are the current justifications for everyone except for the four currently 3-A Pride Troopers, and Tupper, who is 4-B. Apart from Kettol fighting Shosa and Cocotte fighting 18 which didn’t even happen iirc, how is any of that High 4-C and not 4-B, at the least?

That's not how combined attacks work. We do not simply add them. It's dependent on the feat the attack performs because many times, the boost is exponential (like in the case of spirit bomb or absorption) and many times it's not even x2. This is noted in our Multipliers page.

EDIT: Their ratings are for their individual showings. Not because of their combined attacks. That's why I am suggesting to reword the justification if it causes confusion.

That's not how combined attacks work. We do not simply add them. It's dependent on the feat the attack performs because many times, the boost is exponential (like in the case of spirit bomb or absorption) and many times it's not even x2. This is noted in our Multipliers page.
Mmmm, then why do calcs where more than one character contribute to the same feat always divide the amount by the amount of characters there are?

Also this case is neither like the Genkidama nor absorption, it’s just a combined beam matching another combined beam.

I am personally leaning towards agreeing with Medeus. My apologies AKM, but I think that acknowledging that Ribrianne and 18 have been inconsistently portrayed seems quite reasonable. The writers obviously engaged in massive amounts of plot-induced stupidity while writing them, but it is not our job to make exceptions due to illogical plot conventions.

Then again, I am not a good person to ask.

I am personally leaning towards agreeing with Medeus. My apologies AKM, but I think that acknowledging that Ribrianne and 18 have been inconsistently portrayed seems quite reasonable. The writers obviously engaged in massive amounts of plot-induced stupidity while writing them, but it is not our job to make exceptions due to illogical plot conventions.

Then again, I am not a good person to ask.
I think your suggestion earlier of ‘4-B, at most 3-A’ makes the most sense tbh. It acknowledges both degrees of consistency, where straight 4-B or 3-A would be ignoring one while favoring the other.

Mmmm, then why do calcs where more than one character contribute to the same feat always divide the amount by the amount of characters there are?
They shouldn't.
"For combination attacks, similar standards to multipliers apply. It should not be assumed that a combination attack performed by multiple characters has Attack Potency equal to the sum of the participating characters Attack Potency unless there is specific evidence for it."

I think that acknowledging that Ribrianne and 18 have been inconsistently portrayed seems quite reasonable. The writers obviously engaged in massive amounts of plot-induced stupidity while writing them, but it is not our job to make exceptions due to illogical plot conventions.
It is our job to disregard the PIS and outliers to strive for the most accurate ratings. Not to rate every character in fiction as "X, likely Y, possibly Z" because they all have some degree of inconsistent showings. Would you make a thread for Superman and rate him in a bunch of tiers because there are several PIS and outliers for him? Or any comic character because they are portrayed inconsistently? No, because we have a whole page dedicated to explain why we disregard such things for comics. Or should we make Krillin and Roshi possibly 3-A for momentarily going up against SSB Goku and making base Goku's fists tingle? Justifying every PIS/outliers/inconsistencies to put them on the profiles somehow goes against the entire point of these three pages, and even the wiki.

We already rate Ribrianne as possibly far higher. I can even agree to possibly 3-A for her. But Android 18 beating her would be a blatant outlier.

Okay then. I trust your sense of judgement as better than mine regarding this subject.

Android 18 beating Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne in one punch, despite previously clashing with a base Ribrianne and then being completely restrained by a weakened Brianne, is pretty blatantly an outlier, or even PIS. Some out-of-character "power of love" nonsense, since she only gained this power after being cheered on by Krillin. So, it makes sense for Android 18 to remain at her current rating.

On that note, could Kakunsa be upgraded to At least High 4-C and At least FTL+ because of her showings against a suppressed Android 17, rather than Unknown across the board?

They shouldn't.
"For combination attacks, similar standards to multipliers apply. It should not be assumed that a combination attack performed by multiple characters has Attack Potency equal to the sum of the participating characters Attack Potency unless there is specific evidence for it."
Well, there’s clearly a problem here because every calc I’ve seen like that divides the result by the amount of characters that performed the feat. I can even get examples if you want.
Or should we make Krillin and Roshi possibly 3-A for momentarily going up against SSB Goku and making base Goku's fists tingle?
Krillin is a false equivalence though, he is blatantly stated to have no chance in raw power and the same was implied against base Gohan. No such statements were made about 18. As for Roshi, you might have a point there, but he could also be consistently argued to be 3-A.

I can concede on 3-A for 18, but she (and the Pride Troopers) should be no lower than 4-B.

Its going in circles
Well the 3-A feats are more consistent
Also Zoiray damaged Caulifla & was going to Finish her
They show consistently more 3-A feats than anything

On that note, could Kakunsa be upgraded to At least High 4-C and At least FTL+ because of her showings against a suppressed Android 17, rather than Unknown across the board?
I can agree to that.
but she (and the Pride Troopers) should be no lower than 4-B.
I could excuse the 4-B thing if the argument was not based on comparing a feat that is deemed invalid. But I already explained my problems with that.

I mean, the Pride Troopers could beat up a fatigued-ish base Caulifla, Tupper is already 4-B and Zoiray should scale to him since they were fighting the same “suppressed” Goku.

I think Ribriane and 18 at least have 3-A showings, on multiple occasions via scaling, and nobody contests that, it is just contested if it's inconsistent or not. Adding "possibly 3-A" is the most reasonable solution imo because it acknowledges that they have said showings and there's a good chance they might be 3-A, but still allows for a level of uncertainty due to it being potentially inconsistent depending on who you ask.

That's my opinion on it anyway.

We should obviously throw out obvious outliers or PIS, but Dragon Ball is supposed to be very linear and consistent when it comes to official power levels; It wasn't until Dragon Ball Super and Tournament of power where the scaling got all over the place. Before that, all "Stronger characters got hurt by weaker characters" have always had lore explanations that the characters held back or purposely suppressed their defenses. With Dragon Ball Super just having inconsistencies all over the place, but in Goku's case; he actually does good off a lot and hold back.

Also, I partially disagree with "He struggled more against this character than he did that character" as it could just mean they held back more against this character than they did that character. Also, beams don't really multiply it that much; scientifically, the combined might of two 100 Joule punches simultaneously is actually less than a 200 joule punch. The Spirit Bomb example doesn't work, it's a complex energy of many unique energies fusing together and it stacks up to a complex attack. If two or three characters are just side by side blasting with Kamahamahas in the like; it's just two or more different Ki waves of similar powers; not a single ball of many characters Ki fusing to create some kind of complex super Ki. Spirit Bombs are more associated with how a Half Saiyan has the mixed Saiyan human blood to naturally be born with more strength than most saiyans. And side note; Universe 11 is officially one of the stronger races in the tournament when U7 was going to be considered the 2nd weakest in the multiverse; as it only really has a few exceptions. And Universe 11 is simply full of stereotypical monsters who happen to be 3-A based on Dyspos introductory scene. So that should at least leave a hint that typical Pride Troopers can't be too weak.

Anyway, Gohan's mind training imagined Krillin based on his RoF saga self, and he still kept up with Basil. He shouldn't scale back then, but Krillin still has gotten a lot stronger. He's no way in hell 3-A given Goku held back massively, but I'll look at other details. Tien still destroys massive amounts of Kachi Kachin, so he's overwhelmingly stronger than Buu saga Gohan who's overwhelmingly stronger than Shin. I know that's still High 4-C, but still. Gohan did get weaker from Cell saga to Buu saga initially; but there's still the Zenkai he got from the beating from Majin Buu, and him lifting the Z Sword in base when Shin couldn't even budge it. He grew to where his base form would be at least Semi-Perfect Cell tier; possibly even Perfect Cell/Debura tier in just his base form. In RoF saga, his base form is like less than Piccolo, but his SSJ form is comparable to Ultimate Gohan from Buu saga; he's superior to Gotenks at least. Basil should be at least as strong as Majin Vegeta, who is strong enough to oneshot Super Perfect Cell. But them considering Krillin to be fit in the tournament when they question Goten, Trunks, or Buu should be worth noting. I know it's for his tactics rather than him being stronger than Gotenks, but he's not overwhelmingly weaker than any of them.

Also, the on screen feats should take priority over their initial background. 18 has more instances of keeping up with foes Goku and Vegeta, or even 17 struggled with than she does struggling against underdogs; she's either holding back to give Krillin a chance or stomping the underdogs outright. Ribrianne is still being questioned, but 18 was keeping up with SSJ2 Vegeta, SSG Goku, 17, and Ultimate Gohan against Anilaza. And she even managed to rescue 17 from him on occasion. I know stomping the underdogs individually isn't much proof, but Tupper being 4-B while others are High 4-C should be fixed yes. And 18 is clearly a lot stronger than whereever they land. Also, I'm pretty sure; "Being overwhelmingly stronger than the weaker end cast while not being overwhelmingly weaker than the high end party" should qualify as being closer to the high end especially if the high end is multitudes above baseline for whatever tier they are. Remember, Dragon Ball is the same series where simply being 2x stronger and faster almost guarantees a curbstomp regardless of how exceptionally skilled the weaker character is unless their hax is that broken. So I'll just let that sink in.

Anyway, I'm still neutral on the possibly 3-A. But I'm definitely pretty confident on the underdods characters being 4-B.

I have already said enough and I am not interested in repeating the same points. So TLDR: I can agree to Ribrianne being possibly 3-A, Kakunsa getting an at least rating and base Gohan from Buu saga scaling above Shin. But 18 beating Ribrianne would be an outlier and should be noted on her page. And I disagree with any other changes because of reasons I have already pointed out. Plus, a discussion rule needs to be made about this topic.

Okay. I am fine with those conclusions. Is somebody willing to write a discussion rule?

One last thing I should mention, it is likely there will be further anime adaptations in the future, and possibly more info from guides, interviews etc. that could relate to Android 18 and others, so if you are going to make a discussion rule against her being upgraded to 3-A, it should likely just be not to try and upgrade her solely based on her beating and fighting Ribriane, as opposed to trying to ban upgrades which contain new info or feats as well, which could make that more consistent. Personally I don't like the idea of banning DB discussions, especially pertaining to Super or Heroes, given it is an ever evolving series in both those parts, but if you have to make one at least leave it open if new info/feats arise.

One last thing I should mention, it is likely there will be further anime adaptations in the future, and possibly more info from guides, interviews etc. that could relate to Android 18 and others, so if you are going to make a discussion rule against her being upgraded to 3-A, it should likely just be not to try and upgrade her solely based on her beating and fighting Ribriane, as opposed to trying to ban upgrades which contain new info or feats as well, which could make that more consistent. Personally I don't like the idea of banning DB discussions, especially pertaining to Super or Heroes, given it is an ever evolving series in both those parts, but if you have to make one at least leave it open if new info/feats arise.
I agree with this.

I agree that it should try to be generous and probably mention waiting for a sequal; it would basically be more elaborates on the please don't complain about the current ratings rule.

Is that acceptable to you AKM? I personally think that it seems reasonable.

Obviously. If new info comes out in the future then sure. We only ban topics that are based on old and already discussed info.

So, can somebody knowledgeable remind me what has been agreed here please?

Thank you for the summary.

Would that be an acceptable solution for you AKM?

Okay. Thanks. That can probably be applied then.

Just a question, has this been applied and/or concluded? Because no one replied and another DB CRT has been made in the middle, which would be against the rules but whatever, it's not relevant. I just want to be sure this has ended, 'cause I want to make another DB CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back