• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku Resistance, Gravity Manipulation

Magicomethkuon

They/Them
Agree: 12 (11 users, 1 staff) @LuffyRuffy46307 , @TWILIGHT-OP , @Oliver_de_jesus , @DarkDragonMedeus (staff admin) , @Shiraito983 , @Excellence616 , @Dark_Soul20189 , @Spectra_Schiffer , @CryptonBestDbFan , @Killerdrone123 , @ProfectusInfinity , @Padaruyos
Disagree:
Neutral:

Discussing the feat, but hasn't cast a vote yet: 4 (2 users, 2 staff) @SeijiSetto (staff calc group) , @Rez , @BestMGQScalerEver , @GarrixianXD (Staff content moderator)

The pretty black hole didn't behave like one, but there may be something missing from this feat. Here Whis states that it's concentrated gravity at work, focused at a single point in space. This gravity was so heavy that it sunk in the ring layer by layer, and Instant Transmission couldn't release Goku from it either.

Goku says that it was a gravity worse than Bulma's machines. To overcome it, he stands up, transforms and fires a wave that overcomes the gravitational pull's influence and escapes to defeat the trio. Before, when Android 18 had tried the same, her ki was absorbed. With this, I think that Goku's DBS Anime, Universe Survival Key should have resistance to Gravity Manipulation. Either in base or in SSB, added with this feat.

Last edited:
Why would this be a resistance and not just another feat albeit a better feat for Goku's gravity adaptation?
The gravity still was also deflecting and absorbing ki blasts, as shown with Android 18. Though, further elaboration below.
not sure if this counts as a resistance more than it is him just getting stronger? iunno.

to quote the gravity manip page:
There was the moving, the energy wave resisting the gravitational pull and not being absorbed (there is a point in time where it begins to bend and twist but resists, regains shape and continues, on its path). The way that IT couldn't work in that field either is a display that the gravity field shouldn't be breached. Considering the mechanics of IT and that the ki blast not only continued but also dug a hole through the field to escape, it appears safe to index it as resistance to the effects of gravity.

This is a lifting strength feat (class G) that would scale to blue Goku that I already have a CRT for that never got any traction.
I thought it was unquantifiable so this is actually good news if it passes, for your first half. Don't think that it should invalidate the resistance as well though, because of the ki blast managing to resist the pulling effects when previously ki blasts or even IT couldn't escape it. IT in particular isn't something that works via physical movement or strength but the field negated it anyways. Seems reasonable to me to give him resistance.

giphy.gif

I obviously agree.

Somewhat looks like lifting strength to me... not sure about this.

No. This is a minor CRT, only 2 are required.
If it had been Goku tensing up then getting up but nothing else, I'd think the same. But there were things happening in the scene that I believe differentiate this from a simple lifting strength feat.
The gravity still was also deflecting and absorbing ki blasts, as shown with Android 18. Though, further elaboration below.

There was the moving, the energy wave resisting the gravitational pull and not being absorbed (there is a point in time where it begins to bend and twist but resists, regains shape and continues, on its path). The way that IT couldn't work in that field either is a display that the gravity field shouldn't be breached. Considering the mechanics of IT and that the ki blast not only continued but also dug a hole through the field to escape, it appears safe to index it as resistance to the effects of gravity.
Goku didn't just breach the Black Hole, his own energy resisted the gravitational absorption and bending effects as well. Despite IT being a technique that allows for warping outside the usual physical transportation, gravity still kept him stuck. Judging with occam's razor it appears that he resisted those effects, otherwise it feels strange that both he would stand up and the wave would straighten itself back again despite already startng to be bent towards a direction or another multiple times. To then escape a place that movement beyond standard physical ways couldn't.

Looks simple enough, I agree. But what i am unsure if it should be for base or SSB, I'm leaning more towards SSB, but both are alright for me.
Goku stood up in base tho, before transforming and blasting through, he should get it in base as well, and higher in SSB, imo

Should Android 17 and 18 also have this as they were in there too and didn't die or get crushed
Personally speaking I was only arguing for Goku but I wouldn't be against 17 and 18 if people feel like they also should have it
But if it does happen, theirs should be lesser. Goku was the only one who overcame the full brunt of the effects

It really shouldn't be gravity manip resistance. It aligns more with lifting strength and not resistance.
I already explained my reasons to believe why a degree of Gravity Manipulation resistance is at play here and why it seems more believable than just lifting strength on its own. The rest, you guys can judge. It could be either or both.

Though, bear in mind that there's still no apparent reason or explanation why IT would have been negated based only on lifting strength when it isn't something that works via physical movement or strength. The work shows very clearly that Goku tries and the effect of it visually triggers but the field doesn't let him leave it. There's also the initial bending and pulling of the kamehameha wave like it did with the other ki blasts before the energy was made to get back into trajectory and pushed to destroy the pretty black hole.

Both of these look like clear representations of resisting an effect that lifting strength alone wouldn't account for.

I mean if Vegeta can handle being warped to a planet with 10x gravity (at least in the anime) and Goku worked up the strength to survive 100x gravity, then I'm pretty sure Goku having a resistance to Gravity Manipulation is a no-brainer, even with the OP's example. This keeping in mind that gravity is a force treated as an obstacle the characters must overcome regardless of their innate strength.

not sure if this counts as a resistance more than it is him just getting stronger? iunno.

to quote the gravity manip page:
Well I think the specific thing is the fact that despite Android 18's ki blast getting sucked up by it, Super Saiyan Blue Goku's Kamehameha didn't suffer this problem at all and escaped the Pretty Black Hole

Back