• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LoL Minor Revision: Aurelion Sol Downgrade

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Well, he's my favorite character aside from Poppy, but this has been a long time coming. At the moment, Aurelion Sol is sitting at 3-B for several reasons, some of which are more justified than the others. I'm going to go down the line and explain why these are not good justifications for his current tier and what he should be at instead, in my opinion.

1. "Galaxies exist by my will": This is the first real justification for his 3-B status, as all previous don't come close to such a rating. While this may seem convincing at first, once you know what Aurelion is you will understand why this isn't actually 3-B.

Aurelion Sol is a cosmic creator. The forger of stars across the sky. He makes stars and by his power this continue to exist. This is what he means by "galaxies", he means the stars in the galaxies. He doesn't mean the entire galactic structure, and has never made any planets, dark matter, and has never destroyed such number of stars with an omnidirectional blast.

Even if he could end galaxies in a single go, dark matter and all, he is still doing it by targeted destruction; by un-making his creations. This is a targeted attack and would require the GBE of all destroyed bodies to be taken into account, but it would not qualify for 3-C or 3-B.

Even if the entire galactic structure of said galaxies was held together by ASol and he could destroy it all in one go with an omnidirectional blast, this isn't 3-B, it's 3-C. You have to cover the distance between Galaxies to get 3-B, something ASol has never shown or is implied to be able to do.

2. Tearing the fabric of the universe: Unquantifiable spatial destruction. Nothing really else to say about this other than it is certainly not 3-B.

3. Stated to have made entire galaxies: Except this wasn't said about ASol. This was a concept designer's line about what Aurelion was thought about being while he was being developed. ASol himself, as a finished and fleshed our character, doesn't get a statement like this. This is exclusively a developer's idea that was used in the creation of the character, not a feat for the character himself.

4. Size of a galaxy: Same problem as above. Don't believe me? Well look at the pictures in those links on his page as well. Those dragons are not ASol. They are conceptual possibilities for ASol. This absolutely doesn't effect the true finalized character that is the Star Forger.

5. Fiery Oblivion to galaxies: This is from Ashen Lord, not vase ASol. So he could get a key, but even then nothing is stated of the time it would take to being said fiery oblivion.

TLDR: ASol's stats come from potentially misinterpreted lines, developer concepts of a character that didn't exist yet, and a feat from a different version of ASol that needs his own key.

ASol is responsible for the creation and main fence in every star in the sky. Don't believe that he made them all? Well ASol begs to differ: "Which star is your favorite? I made that one." This indicates every star that exists he has made, and as such this qualifies him for 4-A using the calculation for destroying every star in the universe.

So Base ASol 3-B -> 4-A and Ashen Lord gets his own key with "At least 4-A, likely 3-B".

I thought it was implied that he could grow big enough to be the size of a galaxy, which would be 3-C? Apart fromt hat I agree I think. Though I believe he should be 3-C not 4-A.

I covered the galaxy size thing in point 4. This was said about his concept design in the development phase, not of his final character realization.

Dunno if that will help to prove your point, but... iirc, Aurelion's lore even mentions that planes are the "resuls" of his stars (a.k.a dead star matter being spread and forming new things, which is basically how things worl irl), which can support the "he only created stars, not planets" point

I will add on a piece to the OP in a second detailing why the Celestials and Zoe don't scale in raw power to Aurelion.

Assaltwaffle said:
I covered the galaxy size thing in point 4. This was said about his concept design in the development phase, not of his final character realization.
actually don't scale galaxy size to Aurelion sol his crashed a star in cinematic be like that.

because you cant use those 3 stars that orbit him, the grow in size with him, they are clearly not normal, also he can make stars of various sizes, he used a miniature supernova ar some point in the story because he did not want to blow up the planet.

In the cinematic his stars change size so they can't really be used. Sol himself is of indeterminate size in the cinematic since it pans away from anything to scale him to.

Ashen Lord is capable of bringing Fiery Oblivion to galaxies. Plural implying more than one and fiery oblivion implying the entire galactic structure is destroyed.

It can, hence why it's only listed as likely and his tier would be "At least 4-A, likely 3-B".

That accounts for both over-time destruction and instant destruction (even though I think the latter is more likely).

I mean her Q throws a star. At the very least she claims to be capable of destroying planets.

>Zoe's best feat was controlling Aurelion Sol with the crown, I'm not sure if she has any other 4-C feats.

Uh no that was Pantheon not Zoe

WeeklyBattles said:
>Zoe's best feat was controlling Aurelion Sol with the crown, I'm not sure if she has any other 4-C feats.

Uh no that was Pantheon not Zoe
So does she control AS without the crown? I'm assuming that the crown was needed to control AS.

She doesnt control Sol at all, she just teases him by doing stuff like entangle him in constellations. Pantheon is the one who controls Sol

She has also flat out countered the destruction of stars from when Pantheon tries to destroy them:

"Perhaps her most curious new relationship is with Aurelion Sol. The cosmic dragon's arrogance, lies, and world-weariness annoy Zoe. In return, she teases the giant creature relentlessly, but when needed, she also protects her "space doggy" and his stars from Pantheon's wrath. "

Sol just knows he can't retaliate. If he does they star popping stars.

Wrapping him in stars should be 4-C though.

Then is that not a form of control over him? Assalt seems to think that Zoe isn't as strong as AS, so if he is correct, then I doubt that AS would allow her to toy around with him like that, in a tweet's artwork.

So what is Zoe's tier, and does that artwork count as a feat for her (as an AP feat)? And are there any feats one could link to for Zoe?

Also seeing as Zoe is completely merged with her Celastial rather than simply being used as a vessel, her being High 4-C is consistent with Bard's showings

Zoe would still scale to Sol but saying that her next best feat is saying that she can destroy a planet is extremely wrong

She can restrain him doesn't conflict with AS not interfering due to his crown, you know. And there's not much saying she should scale to him.

And checking Bard's profile, he seems to be superior to Zoe, so how would she scale to him? Especially when by Assalt's new AS rating, Bard is way above him for making some constellations?

I mean we have one Rioter stating Zoe is on Sol's Level. We have another saying that she is inferior.

Sol makes constellations as well and has shown to be able to do so with casual ease

How many quotes of her referring to Sol as a puppy and not powerful compared to her would you like? because there are a lot

@Assalt Seeing as there is a lot of actual evidence pointing towards them being of a similar level, her being stated once as being inferior is inconsistent

Just to separate some issues:

1) Zoe scaling to AS. This can go either way, though I haven't seen where Riot says Zoe should scale and where they said she shouldn't scale. As far as I know, all we have is the picture and her bio. I haven't seen much showing she is 4-A though, is that made clear somewhere?

2) Zoe scaling to Bard. This seems to make little sense if Bard's profile puts him above Zoe by a lot.

3) Feel free to take this elsewhere, but is making constellations really 3-B? That is the main reasoning for Bard in his profile.

Making constellations is 4-C if you just make the stars, and is 4-A if you also make the space between.

Back