• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear P&A additions

These are the new pages for Magic and Gear Physiology that are replacing the old outdated Magic as information manipulation and new gear related abilities. Note: everything in gear Physiology is only including universal things that can be applied to since most gear classes have varying feats.

These are all the characters that are getting magic applied to:

Twelve steps
everyone in the cast that can use magic in verse.

Beyond the twelve steps
Sol, Sin, Raven, Valentine, Dr. Paradigm, Izuna, KY, Asuka R. Kreuz, Happy Chaos, Elphelt, Ramlethal, Bedman, Delilah, Axl Low, I-No, Universal will, Jack-O

Higher Authority Magic
Bedman, I-No, Axl Low, Likely Asuka R. Kreuz and Happy Chaos with the tome of Origin.

Gear Physiology
This is getting applied to any character classified as either a Gear, yokai, or Valentine

Last edited:
So I actually have a few more additions I'd like to add.

Since Magic is drawn from the Backyard, wouldn't that mean that Magic would also have the inherent properties of the Backyard which would also include the addition of Mind Manip, Soul Manip, Data Manip, and Deconstruction as they are all inherent to the backyard itself.

Gear Cell's being able to cure diseases would also grant passive Purification, Passive Reactive Evolution and inherent resistances to natural "magic" within the twelve steps since they serve as a conduit to the Backyard with gear cells being able to attune to it.

Last edited:
So I actually have a few more additions I'd like to add.

Since Magic is drawn from the Backyard, wouldn't that mean that Magic would also have the inherent properties of the Backyard which would also include the addition of Mind Manip, Soul Manip, Data Manip, and Deconstruction as they are all inherent to the backyard itself.
I'm in agreement to most that except for deconstruction cause there's only few characters I think of with direct deconstruction that's in the higher tiers.
Gear Cell's being able to cure diseases would also grant passive Purification, Passive Reactive Evolution and inherent resistances to natural "magic" within the twelve steps since they serve as a conduit to the Backyard with gear cells being able to attune to it.
I guess the purification does make sense, I'm a little iffy on reactive evolution and inherent resistances to magic cause I see them get damaged by magic pretty equally to humans it's just their a lot more harder to put down cause of their immortality and Regen.

disagree with concept hax, it is just type info hax nothing conceptual about it
I know this is a last minute type explanation on how is magic even conceptual, essentially thoughts and prayers for a better tomorrow formed this being in the backyard know as a magical fochi and the backyard viewed this as an error that would destroy the world and sealed it off into a human body unfortunately give it tremendous authority in the process, but now I-No and Axl embody the world and all of it's paradoxes.

I know this is a last minute type explanation on how is magic even conceptual, essentially thoughts and prayers for a better tomorrow formed this being in the backyard know as a magical fochi and the backyard viewed this as an error that would destroy the world and sealed it off into a human body unfortunately give it tremendous authority in the process, but now I-No and Axl embody the world and all of it's paradoxes.
That does not qualify. All it means is some AE for the 2 .

I don't think this is type 5, one can get type 5 if they are completely immutable, unchangeable beyond any causality (except those who also have type 5). Lu Zhiyu also have this kind of reasoning and he will be downgraded to type 4.
I already went over this with glassman on the Type 5 Acausality list and explained how it works.

I'm in agreement to most that except for deconstruction cause there's only few characters I think of with direct deconstruction that's in the higher tiers.
Actually, I remember anji did this in strive and then there's Tyr in ch.7 of the Guilty Gear extra manga but both kinda follow the lines of transmutation

I’m not really seeing power nulling for type 5 Acausals here, that just sounds like he can interact with them, not nullify his Acausal status, if it was indeed Acausal nulling he’d make him not transcendent of Cause and effect in the first place.

The law, math and concept hax for magic might need more explanation.

The scans for power mimicry resistance are not linking to anything specific that has to do with said resistance, so you might need to fix that.

Technology manipulation for magic I’m not seeing, all the context is saying is technology got replaced by magic, which sounds no different than the Wizarding world in Harry Potter operating predominantly on magic.

Why exactly is the cube uncountable layers? I’m not seeing anything there that would suggest otherwise.

Aside from some grammar stuff you need to fix, the rest looks fine.

I’m not really seeing power nulling for type 5 Acausals here, that just sounds like he can interact with them, not nullify his Acausal status, if it was indeed Acausal nulling he’d make him not transcendent of Cause and effect in the first place.
Fair enough, I guess it would fall more on a NPI than a powernull.
The law, math and concept hax for magic might need more explanation.
Concept hax, that I might have to remove it as a aspect and add that this to more the backyard itself more as as a aspect it manipulates cause I tried explaining it as the backyard taking a being forms from thoughts that became fundamental to reality and sealing it in human form.
Law, It kinda falls more on physics manipulation latter end obviously characters like Faust who actually has abilities to use spacial deformation magic to teleport through wormholes or becoming intangible with matter displacement magic. (This was stuff I just saw in GGX lightning the Argent)
Mathematics, this one is more of a unique thing to Dr.paradigm did in the GG2 material collection with this complex math equation he used to discover information in the backyard.
The scans for power mimicry resistance are not linking to anything specific that has to do with said resistance, so you might need to fix that.
That one I should more reword it to more of a limited resistance to power mimicry, cause in video bedman was trying to ram how she's replaceable as a Valentine by killing her dog and recreating it to show her that she's a replaceable asset but not a replaceable individual in terms of personality which is why ram could recognize it's not her same dog.
Technology manipulation for magic I’m not seeing, all the context is saying is technology got replaced by magic, which sounds no different than the Wizarding world in Harry Potter operating predominantly on magic.
I'm pretty sure magic in guilty Gear falls more on the latter of technomagic, Johnny finds a holographic disc on old world tech that some still works even after getting sliced by mist finer.
Why exactly is the cube uncountable layers? I’m not seeing anything there that would suggest otherwise.
The Cube is uncountable in layers mostly in comparison to Valentine's cosmic barrier which Izuna found out the scale of the chourd while Dr. Paradigm couldn't even determine a scale of the cube's chourd. But I do feel like adding layers to this might technically be pointless since the cube's hax is technically on some weird low 2-C reality warping territory with changing the world's fate. So I'm probably good on removing that part.
Edit: I pretty sure anything else at that point with the cube would be low 1-C resistant magic since most of everyone's doesn't magic doesn't immediately get sublimated into the backyard.

Last edited:
Still need the links to be timestamped properly since Idk what scene you're talking about.

What part of the text are you referring to? Can you highlight it exactly?

Ok.

I don't think this is type 5, one can get type 5 if they are completely immutable, unchangeable beyond any causality (except those who also have type 5). Lu Zhiyu also have this kind of reasoning and he will be downgraded to type 4.
How the hell does someone that literallly tracends the law of casuality, isn't immutable, unchangeable beyond any casuality? Adjectives that are inherent to things beyond casuality. I agree (atleast with acasuality type 5, which should be NPI instead of outright negation)
INB4. "Huh. Well he is casualess(?), but HE ISN'T SUPER CASUALESS(???)

Still need the links to be timestamped properly since Idk what scene you're talking about.

What part of the text are you referring to? Can you highlight it exactly?

Ok.
Slight blunder on my end, some of the links to the power mimicry resistance and acausality interaction had the timestamps put in a minutes and seconds format instead of just seconds.

I don't think that would be considered resistance to power mimicry, or even power mimicry, it looks more like creation with how he just recreated the dog, though the scans don't mention anything on Bedman being incapable of replicating its abilities.

How the hell does someone that literallly tracends the law of casuality, isn't immutable, unchangeable beyond any casuality? Adjectives that are inherent to things beyond casuality. I agree (atleast with acasuality type 5, which should be NPI instead of outright negation)
What is casuality? There's only Causality.

I don't think that would be considered resistance to power mimicry, or even power mimicry, it looks more like creation with how he just recreated the dog, though the scans don't mention anything on Bedman being incapable of replicating its abilities.
I guess, not being able to replicate a personality probably isn't equal if it was a ability or trait.

Back