• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's discuss KH3? SPOILERS for Kingdom Hearts 3 SPOILERS (Obviously.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobsican Ok, do you know a particular blog that you could suggest me ?

Imaginym Thanks, it's very helpful.

Another stuff that i find important to notice is the revelation that the Guardian is actually Terra's Heartless or even Terra himself.

I think it makes sense. A Heartless is a Heart consumed by Darkness. Xehanort's Heart was in Terra's body, &, surrounded by Xehanort's Darkness, Terra became a Heartless of sorts, I'd assume? (Also, with Eraqus in Terra's Heart, I'd imagine, since Xehanort would probably notice Eraqus in his Heart.)

I wonder how long Terra was able to speak as the Guardian & control himself. Was he hiding the ability? The Secret Boss fight's 2nd half's sequence in BSS certainly suggested he had some self-agency, since once Aqua gets to the Trinity Limit spots, he stops his attacks. But maybe that's game mechanics so the animation proceeds in all its glory?

Shoutouts to Terra's will for having some control against Xehanort's Heart, though.

Also, we've never seen him do both at once, but does this mean Terra can have his heart occupy both the Guardian & the Lingering Will, even if not simeultaneously? He's never been shown doing both at once, though....

The Lingering Will never had Terra's Heart, it was sustained by his willpower (see Terranort's reaction to it in BBS)

Xehanort did notice Eraqus in Terra's heart as seen in Blank Points

He likely had conscience as the Guardian, but either he didn't have free will or a really limited one, mainly shown subtly when Ansem was defeated in DDD by Riku and blatantly when Terranort was in KH3

The bandages on the Guardian's mouth keep him from talking, showing he is a slave for Ansem/Terra-Xehanort. Terra only gains free will during KH III, likely because Terra-Xehanort was defeated by Sora and because of Ventus's and Aqua's desire to save him along with their return. I think he was aware of this state during the decade he was forced to serve the man that ruined his life.

RKGenki said:
The Lingering Will never had Terra's Heart, it was sustained by his willpower (see Terranort's reaction to it in BBS)
Xehanort did notice Eraqus in Terra's heart as seen in Blank Points

He likely had conscience as the Guardian, but either he didn't have free will or a really limited one, mainly shown subtly when Ansem was defeated in DDD by Riku and blatantly when Terranort was in KH3
Ah yes. I kinda hadn't thought about those things. Thanksa ton for the clarification. What about when Lingering Will spoke & fought against Terra-Xehanort after Sora returned from TFW?

You're welcome

He was contacted by Naminè, who already spoke to him in the past (the dialogue happened before 0.2 according to Nomura and it was shown during one of the Orchestra concerts). In TFW she mentions how Terra's will keeps him tethered to the Realm of Light.

Although what happened to the Lingering Will after that was never shown, but considering Terra came back I doubt it's still around

RKGenki From what we know, since Terra had heart and his body back together, the Lingering Will should have been "destroyed".

My guess is, namine was in contact with both the lingering will and terra's heart in the guardian.

My theory: The lingering will let itself be "defeated", casuing terra's will to return to the guardian. He then took advantage of the now weakened terranort, and the strength of his bond with aqua and ven, and then finally the opening Sora provided, to reclaim his body.

I don't understand why Namine would have done something with Terra. I think Terra's heart just acted by itself.

ArkhamDC06 said:
I don't understand why Namine would have done something with Terra. I think Terra's heart just acted by itself.
Well, Namine explicitly says she's in contact with Terra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YnnHpbWxBs

To quote Namine; "While sifting through memories, I spoke to Terra, the keyblade wielder you've been looking for. He has a strong will, and it keeps him tethered to the realm of light. I'll try tracing that connection. Maybe that'll be enough to tip the scales in the other direction."

Yeah but that doesn't mean she actually helped him. She was able to locate his heart or maybe his will in the Keyblade Graveyard but Terra did almost everything by himself.

Lol. Do they have feats? Scaling? Consistency? Notable powers/abilities? I know at least 2 Flantastic Seven members looked like boss battles. Although, it'd be curious to scale them to KH. I mean, on one hand, they're KH original. But on the other hand, they're a SUBSPECIES of a Final Fantasy thing, the Flan.

Would Flantastic Seven be able to scale to KH original stuff? Not to mention, Crossover Rules mean they might only scale to the general power level of the world they're in, IIRC.

Well, they are original to the verse, and they are part of the franchise itself, not stuck to a "world", so they can scale to Sora.

What I meant is with regards to this:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Crossovers

About Canon Crossovers: "Additionally, the feats seen or taken from the crossover may be consistent to one verse and not the other. There could be impressive feats seen as consistent with the established scale of one franchise, but that lack consistency with the otherwise featless franchise. We should only use scaling that does not contradict the statistics of the franchises, and need to use common sense for case-by-case analysis in addition to this."
"Other issues to take into account:
Take note that crossovers will often rescale the power levels of the different characters for the sake of writing a more entertaining story. This can happen in both in-canon crossovers such as Dissidia Final Fantasy, in which tier 6 and tier 2 characters fought on equal grounds, and in non-canon versions, such as between Luffy, Goku and Toriko. As such the character appearing in the crossover should only be considered to be as powerful as the original if that isn't beyond the degree of power reasonable for the events in the story or other participants in the crossover."

Don't Sora & other KH original characters count as crossover characters when in Disney worlds?

Imaginym said:
Lol. Do they have feats? Scaling? Consistency? Notable powers/abilities? I know at least 2 Flantastic Seven members looked like boss battles. Although, it'd be curious to scale them to KH. I mean, on one hand, they're KH original. But on the other hand, they're a SUBSPECIES of a Final Fantasy thing, the Flan.

Would Flantastic Seven be able to scale to KH original stuff? Not to mention, Crossover Rules mean they might only scale to the general power level of the world they're in, IIRC.
At most these guys just give Sora mini games. Not really much to scale.

Yes and not all heartless are on the same level. The Flantastic 7 don't do anything to scale to Sora. They simply give him minigames to do that are at the most "Light Mischief", at most the Grape Flan did anything and it's Blizzard is near useless against Sora.

@HST master: So, to put it simply, in the Disney worlds, the characters operate under the power scale of those worlds?

Ex: For power scaling purposes, we wouldn't consider Sora as 4-C within them without a 4-C feat FROM that specific Disney world? But rather, Sora & everyone else would get their ratings & scaling from feats present in that world? (Specifically, feats present in that crossover, not those absent from it but present in the Disney's fiction of origin?)

Personally I think what should be done is what's done with FF characters and treat them as a separate versions from their canon counterparts. For example KH Sephiroth and Cloud are scaled to Sora and not their original games. The disney characters in KH should be considered separate from their normal counterparts.

im think everybody Pre-KH3 should be upgraded to 4A.

This thread brings up some good points for the upgrade.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1944890?useskin=oasis

Examples being:

• Mickey straight up creating a dimension with countless stars on it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IJx80hGuspE&feature=youtu.be

And this scales to Sora since he was able to defeat the Pelican Nightmare that was subduing Mickey.

• Marluxia has a similar feat in chain of memories when he activated his final form.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O9C2H6I-YJI

I agree with the 4-A Pre-KHIII bt i don't think everybody should be considered as "At least 3-A, possibly 2-C" for post KH III. To me, only Kingdom Hearts and the True X-Blade scale to this. 3-A seems better for the other characters.

I haven't followed this whole thing, but is there a reason people are discussing scaling people to 3-A/2-C from true Kingdom Hearts?

Nobody ever stopped/resisted/absorbed the power of the feat it was going to perform to return everything to darkness. Xehanort even states they were already too late after you beat him, so it's not like anyone would have survived this if it had happened. They stop the feat by closing Kingdom Hearts with the X Blade.

Or is there another feat I'm missing?

Since KH (the verse) containns many dimensions (Realm of Light, Realm of Darkness, World of Sleep and Realm In-Between), it would count as 2-C feat if it is able to affect all these realms (through nothing is sure for the RoD wich seems unaffected by its power). The RoL alone is universal, something noticed by the fact that Xehanort was willing to purge the entire Universe, meaning he was at leats ready to destroy the RoL to create a new one.

So KH is at least able to affect the RoL and could possibly affect the other realms.

But i agree with you for the other characters, outside KH (World) and possibly the True X-Blade, there is no other "At least 3-A, possibly 2-C" profile to me.

But Sora defeated Xehanort, who was wielding the true X-Blade, along Donald and Goofy.

Also, if you already agree to the 3-A rating, I also have to say, Xehanort wasn´t holding back, which means that if it was actually 2-C and Sora, etc were 3-A, they obviously would have been just AP stomped, which wasn´t the case, hence the "At least 3-A, possibly 2-C" rating.

If you say so. In my point of view, it's a little bit too high for other porfils than KH and X-Blade but your point is good.

And about that 4-A Pre KH III, is that "offcial" ? Because, for the countless stars created by Mickey, i believe he was at least partially amped by his hat. Of course, he should be able to do it by himself now i think.

And perhaps less entertainingly....

Larxene = Axel Ren

Xaldin = I Ax Lad/Ax Laid

Luxord=Lord x U

Lexaeus= Sue Axel (Spelt backwards, no less!)

Demyx=Y me XD

Lauriam=Ram a UI/Maul Ira (So that's how ONE Foreteller disappeared....)

Ienzo=No zeni(Get the dude a research grant.)

(I suck at anagrams.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back