• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Nintendo really needs to stop trying to make the BotW setting work. It seems like FF7 got the upgrade we were all hoping TotK would give us.
"Nintendo needs to stop trying to make the same setting that's worked for like 35 years work because they aren't beating Fat Chocobo".
Literally who expected multiversal shit from TOTK, I lowkey expected 7-C tops, the fact we got 5-A is like wtf.
I said the upgrade, not the literal identical feats lol.
You mean the upgrade nobody really scales to? Based entirely on multiverse stuff, which Zelda already has via Golden Godesses? Not like that matters.
It would literally take Zelda like septillions of years to charge the Master Sword to Disc 3 FF7 levels,
Yes. And? Imagine that, a game with the setting of Zelda not blowing up whole galaxies. I'm baffled Zelda even has planetary feats, and a handful at that.
and even then Link would be slow as shit and haxless and stupid and a massive pussy and no friends compared to them.
Yeah the 5-A FTL dude with a bunch of hax like BFR, Time Stop, Deconstruction, low-godly regen neg, sealing, mindhax, etc, and more, with a whole kingdom backing him and is a genius combatant who is proficient the moment he touches a weapon and is the embodiment of courage and has quite literally fought till he dropped dead, is bad because he ain't 2-A Sephiroth Ignore how Link is funnily more consistent than FF7 lads bar the big bads, they just have high high ends.
And FF7 gets manhandled by Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann so they suck too ig 🗿

Last edited:
Ah yes, Zelda needs to stop using a fantasy setting for its world despite the entire series being built around it. That does remind me, are there any Jojo matches we could do with TOTK link? I feel like his Zonai abilities would make some interesting fights there.

Ah yes, Zelda needs to stop using a fantasy setting for its world despite the entire series being built around it. That does remind me, are there any Jojo matches we could do with TOTK link? I feel like his Zonai abilities would make some interesting fights there.
No, cause Link would oneshot via Master Sword

Literally who expected multiversal shit from TOTK, I lowkey expected 7-C tops, the fact we got 5-A is like wtf.
…You expected TotK to be weaker than the Master Sword?
You mean the upgrade nobody really scales to? Based entirely on multiverse stuff, which Zelda already has via Golden Godesses? Not like that matters.
At bare naked ass minimum Sephiroth scales to it. Sephiroth oneshotted this Ganon before, but now he’s growing in stats faster than him too.
Yes. And? Imagine that, a game with the setting of Zelda not blowing up whole galaxies. I'm baffled Zelda even has planetary feats, and a handful at that.
Seriously? I got pissed when Solar System level Zelda stopped being a thing.
Yeah the 5-A FTL dude with a bunch of hax like BFR, Time Stop, Deconstruction, low-godly regen neg, sealing, mindhax, etc, and more, with a whole kingdom backing him and is a genius combatant who is proficient the moment he touches a weapon and is the embodiment of courage and has quite literally fought till he dropped dead, is bad because he ain't 2-A Sephiroth Ignore how Link is funnily more consistent than FF7 lads bar the big bads, they just have high high ends.
And FF7 gets manhandled by Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann so they suck too ig 🗿
Yeah, that’s about early game Final Fantasy, even assuming all of it is true. The BotW verse is one of the most inconsistent verses in general of all time. Nobody cares about that show, also it’s not an enemy of Final Fantasy.

He's just talking about feats not the dudes being canonically weaker than the sword.

Solar System level Zelda wasn't even a large scale thing for the series (Except for those 8 months where we had everyone at 4-A to Low 2-C because of the Wind Fish lmao), solar system level was exclusively for Triforce tier people (Which includes a few Links due to us being liberal with handing them keys for when they touched the Triforce for like 10 seconds or back when we treated LTTP Link as scaling to full TF Ganon).

Yeah, that’s about early game Final Fantasy, even assuming all of it is true.
He's not even assuming that's all true, it is just straight up true. Even then you missed his point completely, you're acting like Zelda characters are fodder just because another verse happens to be really broken. It'd be like saying Gokus not even that impressive because TOAA exists.

The BotW verse is one of the most inconsistent verses in general of all time.
In what world is it one of the most inconsistent verses of all time (Also ignoring your insistent weird take about BOTW being it's own verse seperate from the rest of the franchise)?

Nobody cares about that show, also it’s not an enemy of Final Fantasy.
Firstly, Zelda's not an enemy of Final Fantasy either, secondly, you are TRIPPING if you actually think nobody cares about Gurren Lagann.

@Tyloxtus never said we're using the master sword here.

At bare naked ass minimum Sephiroth scales to it. Sephiroth oneshotted this Ganon before, but now he’s growing in stats faster than him too.

Ok, and this is a problem for Zelda how? Do you have issues with Marvel because of them being far stronger than Zelda as well with revisions? If so you really need to stop being online.

No one cares about Gurren Lagann
oh-wait-youre-serious.gif

Blud must be living under a rock if he really believes no one cares about one of, if not the most beloved mecha animes of all time. Also wtf is your issue claiming that FF is an "enemy of Zelda", literally when the **** has Zelda had a Mario and Sonic rivalry with Final Fantasy? You do realize the first FF literally has a reference to Link in one of the memorials right? I wouldn't call a cute reference an enemy.

Last edited:
Given BOTW MS is weakened and stinky and 7-C, given MS in TOTK got obliterated, and given the context of the game, yeah. I didn't expect much beyond like town busting from on-screen feats. Didn't expect Ganon to whip out the 5-A TK.

Also what dust said. Like obviously the game would've had a baseline still for MS lv dudes.
At bare naked ass minimum Sephiroth scales to it.
Did you play Rebirth? Literally nobody scales to the divergent worlds and fate memes yet, and shirtless Seph isn't fought Bizzaro-Seph is tho. If you mean OG FF7 end game, they don't scale to this either yet and are 3-C via Knights of the Round iirc.

Which is below the Zelda giga gods anyway if you truly care about FF7 vs Zelda for who owns the biggest big dick number, so idk why you even complaining to begin with (it shouldnt matter anyway, just like them for what they are dawg).
ALSO, how tf is like 30y "faster", than a Ganon who ain't even a decade old yet.
Sephiroth oneshotted this Ganon before, but now he’s growing in stats faster than him too.
So? And Sephiroth gets oneshot and blitzed by Goku.
And Ganon one shots and blitzes 99.9999% repeating percent of all media.

Who gives a shit if dude A loses to dude B my goat would never lose to dude B tho, every verse loses to something unless you one of those nega-tier 0 verses.
Why? It was wrong. Better to try to be accurate and fair, than wank because big number.

You also shouldn't really get "pissed", it's a hobby 🗿
Yeah, that’s about early game Final Fantasy,
That isn't even true? Early game FF7 peaks at like what, 6-B? Whatever Ifrit is.
And tbh it's a tad inconsistent even. Remake especially has so many anti-feats it's actually funny, not to say they don't have legit high feats and scaling, but we're talking Goku gets hurt by a bullet lv of dumb, every other hour, in a 70h game. If Link is anything, it's at least he has a solid foundation and is mentally stable.
even assuming all of it is true. The BotW verse is one of the most inconsistent verses in general of all time.
Link is consistently whipping out tier 8 feats like every time he sees a big rock, early game has like half a dozen blatant 8-A to 7-C feats, multiple enemies and bosses have feats at that lv, allies have feats at that lv (like yunobo or sidon), numerous feats involving region wide phenomena that are 7-C to 7-B, and the big robots have big ass 7-C+ beams that evaporate mountain tops and 7-C collateral by smashing about, which Ganon's drizzle can facetank x4.

Early-Mid BOTW/TOTK is shockingly consistent for a video game, even the bombs and enviromental damage all kinda add up.

And end game is surprisingly too given Ganon's whole shtick is moon fuckery that we see and are told be a thing about 40 times, and a MS that scales off 10,000+++ years of Zelda juice, which given some implications, actually would result in planetary energy over that lv of time. Toss a throwaway Ganon's malice is spreadng across the whole planet too just to tack that on.
Nobody cares about that show,
It's like one of my favorite anime :cry:
it was in theaters like 2m back even
also it’s not an enemy of Final Fantasy.
ezgif-2-fbb69ad4dc.gif

Last edited:
@Chariot190 the ifrit feat is High 6-A, either that or 5-B depending on the end you took, also.

and is mentally stable

I wouldn't call the man who raids people's houses to break their ceramic belongings for coins and ammo as mentally stable imo.

Nah he specifically raids homes to break pots, there’s a reason he has the Triforce of Courage to begin with, it’s because he has the courage to invade someone’s home and cause property damage in the first place.

Given BOTW MS is weakened and stinky and 7-C, given MS in TOTK got obliterated, and given the context of the game, yeah. I didn't expect much beyond like town busting from on-screen feats. Didn't expect Ganon to whip out the 5-A TK.

Also what dust said. Like obviously the game would've had a baseline still for MS lv dudes.
The Master Sword is 7-B actually, and extremely obviously Link would need a way to eventually defeat the guy who broke such a Master Sword. Kinda like Thor: Ragnarok.
Did you play Rebirth? Literally nobody scales to the divergent worlds and fate memes yet, and shirtless Seph isn't fought Bizzaro-Seph is tho. If you mean OG FF7 end game, they don't scale to this either yet and are 3-C via Knights of the Round iirc.

Which is below the Zelda giga gods anyway if you truly care about FF7 vs Zelda for who owns the biggest big dick number, so idk why you even complaining to begin with (it shouldnt matter anyway, just like them for what they are dawg).
ALSO, how tf is like 30y "faster", than a Ganon who ain't even a decade old yet.
Of course not, but people seem to believe that Sephiroth does.
I hate that stupid “thousands of other worlds” statement. It doesn’t fit with any other statement, feat, or lore in the verse.
So? And Sephiroth gets oneshot and blitzed by Goku.
And Ganon one shots and blitzes 99.9999% repeating percent of all media.

Who gives a shit if dude A loses to dude B my goat would never lose to dude B tho, every verse loses to something unless you one of those nega-tier 0 verses.
“all media” most of media isn’t even fiction. Ganondorf boutta solo the Weather Channel App smh
Why? It was wrong. Better to try to be accurate and fair, than wank because big number.

You also shouldn't really get "pissed", it's a hobby 🗿
A lot of verses on site are wanked because big number.
That isn't even true? Early game FF7 peaks at like what, 6-B? Whatever Ifrit is.
And tbh it's a tad inconsistent even. Remake especially has so many anti-feats it's actually funny, not to say they don't have legit high feats and scaling, but we're talking Goku gets hurt by a bullet lv of dumb, every other hour, in a 70h game. If Link is anything, it's at least he has a solid foundation and is mentally stable.
Maybe like the first 2 Summons. And no it doesn’t.
Link is consistently whipping out tier 8 feats like every time he sees a big rock, early game has like half a dozen blatant 8-A to 7-C feats, multiple enemies and bosses have feats at that lv, allies have feats at that lv (like yunobo or sidon), numerous feats involving region wide phenomena that are 7-C to 7-B, and the big robots have big ass 7-C+ beams that evaporate mountain tops and 7-C collateral by smashing about, which Ganon's drizzle can facetank x4.

Early-Mid BOTW/TOTK is shockingly consistent for a video game, even the bombs and enviromental damage all kinda add up.

And end game is surprisingly too given Ganon's whole shtick is moon fuckery that we see and are told be a thing about 40 times, and a MS that scales off 10,000+++ years of Zelda juice, which given some implications, actually would result in planetary energy over that lv of time. Toss a throwaway Ganon's malice is spreadng across the whole planet too just to tack that on.
How the **** does early game have 8-A to 7-C feats? Even Yunobo’s special ability was calced to cap out at 8-A, and he’s the strongest Sage with the strongest ability. Divine Beast lasers are Low 7-B.

Um what? Sidon gets oneshot by enemies in BotW but is immortal to them in TotK with no training. Different sized explosions do different amounts of Hearts. All Ancient tech is just gone without explanation and when it was needed the most. Pre-Calamity Zelda somehow has all the Runes in AoC when only the Camera and Sensor Runes were known at that time. The Remote Bomb+ is weaker than a Bomb Flower, which makes the existence of such a Rune pointless. Fall Damage as a whole. Champion weapons breaking when Link uses them but not when the Champions or Sages use them or when exposed to Gloom. Post-Calamity Link just seems to act like a ******* idiot who seems to roll a D20 for how successful he is without the player’s control. Mipha is still dead despite me wishing really hard that she was alive
It's like one of my favorite anime :cry:
it was in theaters like 2m back even
It’s like 50% coomer bait from my knowledge
Not sure what Baby Jiren is doing, but a lot of people see Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy as Goku and Vegeta style rivals.

I hate that stupid “thousands of other worlds” statement. It doesn’t fit with any other statement, feat, or lore in the verse.
Play the remakes
Maybe like the first 2 Summons. And no it doesn’t
It has a wild anti-feat every other hour of its story damn near, I literally beat it. Chariot ain't wrong here.
How the **** does early game have 8-A to 7-C feats? Even Yunobo’s special ability was calced to cap out at 8-A, and he’s the strongest Sage with the strongest ability. Divine Beast lasers are Low 7-B.
You forgot the feats again
Not sure what Baby Jiren is doing, but a lot of people see Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy as Goku and Vegeta style rivals.
Elden ring...

The Master Sword is 7-B actually, and extremely obviously Link would need a way to eventually defeat the guy who broke such a Master Sword. Kinda like Thor: Ragnarok.
Yeah but in terms of feats that doesn't mean you should automatically expect anything better than previously. I was also in the same boat as chariot, not expecting anything crazier than the castle lifting feat and thinking that Ganondorf was just gonna be 7-B via breaking the Master Sword and upscaling from it or maybe low end tier 6 via weather fuckery or something at best. Was not ready for his transformation to be so cracked that he generates enough energy to bust jupiter.

Wouldn't even be a new thing for the series, Ether Medallion pulls out a gigaton level feat in ALTTP then we get OOT which has dudes superior to that medallion (Superior by a massive degree) and the best feat is Volvagias death making a megaton level explosion from Death Mountain. Ganondorf himself in terms of feats in that game crumbles a castle and makes a 7-C storm or whatever. Twilight Princess came out after a dude weaker than the Master Sword pulls out a casual 30 gigaton feat but you ain't getting anything higher than like single digit kilotons from TP feats (Unless you wanna use the historia to say Zant / Crenando has a 2-C feat)

And why should anyone really care that people believe Sephiroth scales to ultra bunga multiversal while Crenando doesn't?

Doesn't fit how? Whenever we get details about the creation story it's just someone saying "Yeah they made the world and that was cool and all but lemme loredump about the Triforce", ALTTP Manual uses world in a context to mean the Light World and Sacred Realm put together so we know making more than one universe isn't beyond their scope, this just adds that they made a bunch of other worlds too and doesn't contradict anything also I thought you wanted us to wank the verse why are you unhappy with the goddesses being 2-B?

“all media” most of media isn’t even fiction. Ganondorf boutta solo the Weather Channel App smh
Ok point still stands if he said fiction instead of media, fresh outta bed child Link from OOT washes 99% of fiction, pilaf saga Yamcha washes 99% of fiction. Also you're nuts if you think Ganondorf solos the weather channel app, bro can't even handle Dracula or Sephiroth yet you think he's going against real top tiers like weather reporters?

Yeah and that's bad, just because other verses get wanked doesn't mean we should too.

but a lot of people see Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy as Goku and Vegeta style rivals.
Who? No genuinely since when did a lot of people see these franchises as rivals? The only rivalry I can think of was between is Link vs Cloud and for the most part that died down ages ago because there's not a whole lot you can argue for Link even coming close to winning that fight.

50% coomer bait
Ah yes, I still remember when I came when Simon said “it’s Lagann time” and Lagann’d all over the villains, truly a moment of all time.
The only rivalry I can think of was between is Link vs Cloud and for the most part that died down ages ago because there's not a whole lot you can argue for Link even coming close to winning that fight.

There’s also the fact that the fight is just… not good. Like seriously aside from FF7 and OoT being influential games, what does both characters actually have in common beyond the most bare minimum? ******* War from Darksiders would be more of an interesting fight since the first game is literally a Zelda clone with GoW combat.

The Master Sword is 7-B actually,
7-B, off 7-C feats yes. It's just mere upscaling.
and extremely obviously Link would need a way to eventually defeat the guy who broke such a Master Sword. Kinda like Thor: Ragnarok.
Yeah? That has nothing to do with onscreen feats. Like take TP, best onscreen feat is what, 7-C?
And?
Millions actually, and wtf you mean it don't fit? We know the Golden Goddesses made the world, we know they made the Triforce. We know Termina exists and is an alternate world. We know Lorule, an alternate world, with a Triforce (directly connecting it to the GGs) exists.

In what world does this not fit? And oh well, you want big multi number, ya got it, but it don't fit?
When I said all media, I was talking about fiction, but include non-fiction if ya want ig.
So? Then go do something about it instead of expecting us to be willingly ignorant and dishonest and lie about Chuchu jelly blowing up the andromeda.
Maybe like the first 2 Summons. And no it doesn’t.
Bro, ya only get a few summons in Midgar, aka, early game 🗿
And High 6-A, either way. That's being generous mind you. From the looks of things, they might have a canon "varies" anyway.
How the **** does early game have 8-A to 7-C feats?
By having a bunch of feats? Gleeoks, Sidon, Yunobo, Wizrobes, Colgera, etc.
Even Yunobo’s special ability was calced to cap out at 8-A, and he’s the strongest Sage with the strongest ability.
Dude, 8-A is simply assuming steel strength (Dudes who can break steel, can't even scratch it). 8-A isn't the cap, it's the "hey it's at least this" baseline. It's a casual 8-A feat using a low end assumption that early Link can facetank, and dudes like Ganon are told to be immune to.
Divine Beast lasers are Low 7-B.
High 7-C iirc but yes, thanks for agreeing. 7-B is 4x for Calamity Ganon (actual fodder) if I'm not wrong?
Um what? Sidon gets oneshot by enemies in BotW but is immortal to them in TotK with no training.
Literally, like 5 years had passed, how do you know? Honestly, pretty sure they imply he's getting shit together given his soon rise to king atop of the danger they faced and needing reliance on Link.

Also oneshot by enemies? Literally when? The only time I can remember him engaging enemies is the Divine Beast, in which he can tank its ice attacks? Not that it matters what Sidon like 5 years ago could do up against Sidon awakening as a sage after a timeskip can do.
Different sized explosions do different amounts of Hearts.
Yes.
All Ancient tech is just gone without explanation and when it was needed the most.
Bro didnt play the game i mean not a very good explanation, but it's there
Pre-Calamity Zelda somehow has all the Runes in AoC when only the Camera and Sensor Runes were known at that time.
AoC?
And not that it matters, AoC veers so far off BOTW's path due to timeline shit, that's nothing.
The Remote Bomb+ is weaker than a Bomb Flower, which makes the existence of such a Rune pointless.
It's flatout stated in TOTK the bomb flower was thought extinct and was only rediscovered in the abyss and sky isle, so literally no?
Fall Damage as a whole.
Literally 99% of games dude. Hell, Skyward, MM, OOT, WW, etc, most Zelda games have Fall Damage, except TP, idk why it don't but it dont.
Champion weapons breaking when Link uses them but not when the Champions or Sages use them or when exposed to Gloom.
Uh yeah, because that's a gameplay mechanic for balancing????
Weapons break, so you go look for weapons. It's a feedback loop. That isn't an inconsistency in stats anyway, it's a mechanic the game's feedback loop is based upon.
Post-Calamity Link just seems to act like a ******* idiot who seems to roll a D20 for how successful he is without the player’s control.
I legit can't think of a single time he acted "like a ******* idiot" and just lucked out.
It’s like 50% coomer bait from my knowledge
Just because you're ignorant, doesn't mean you're right.
Not sure what Baby Jiren is doing,
Fake gamer.
but a lot of people see Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy as Goku and Vegeta style rivals.
You mean the friendly rivals who train with each other every day and are actively chill about it? Vegeta even won the last bout.
Idk man you acting like FF7 killed Zelda's dog or something. Which says a lot because Vegeta killed half of Goku's friends and even they more laidback.

Why do I always end up the bad guy in these arguments
Because you go into a Zelda thread, consistently complain about Zelda, complain how they arent as strong as you want, complain about how they aren't as strong as Scrimb te Dimblo from JRPG Quest 24, have issue with EVERYTHING even when it's objectively not an issue or you just don't remember the details explaining said thing, always go on about the same shit like BOTW/TOTK being bad or noncanon or some shit even though you know damn well whole chat disagrees and is tired of hearing it, even when giving a crumb to appease you like consistently strong TOTK Link or 2-B Gods ya find the most trivial ways to argue just because, and so on, and so forth. No offense, but wtf are you doing dude 🗿

Like what did you expect here? Dudes to agree with that Zelda should be wanked on purpose and **** Fat Chocobo because he eats the Master Sword?

Push comes to shove you can try find another way besides the switch to play it, searching the high seas is always a viable alternative especially if your ship is led by, I dunno, a Dolphin

Back