• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, imma do this, a fight between two demigod from same pantheon, son of Zeus against son of Tethys, both are skilled ruthless warrior who seek the victory, who would win!!?

-Chain of Olympus Kratos is used

-Speed equalized

-Both in character

-Place: Lost Belt 1 Russia

-Range is 5 meters

-Win via death!!!

Achilles FGO4
GOWIIIKratos

VS

• Achilles: 7 (Dargoo, Tamine, C2, Iap, Anon. Lance, John)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Should i change it to Achilles/Sigurd or i restrict BK? I mean BK needs so much mana and Karna himself is mana hunger, he cant spam it, but yeah BK itself is island nuke so okay.

XenoBreaker2803 said:
Should prob change if you have to restrict Karna by this much just to have a fair fight then it not worth it to begin with.
Most Karna match are suck hard, you either restrict BK or VS or even both to make it fair.

EDIT: Switched from Karna to Achilles.

Voting for Kratos because he leads by:

• Time stop.
  • By turning him old or young af.
  • Transmutation which I hope it's good enough.

Okay, I'll actually vote now.

It's fair to say several of Kratos' weapons and even his regular attacks would carry divinity under verse equalization, although how much is entirely subjective. Honestly I'd say he has a similar ranking to Gilgamesh as a demigod who has great disdain for the gods. So Achilles' invulnerability probably isn't a crazy big factor here.

I also assume Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē would de-power most of Kratos' equipment/abilities, although I don't know if Achilles would activate that early enough to win. If Achilles does pull it off I'd honestly say he'd take this via skill and Servant parameters such as luck.

Resistance to Magic covers most of Kratos' hax that would end the match immediatly. I doubt Kratos would instantly open with timestop/agehax and most other things he opens with get shunted out via magic resistance.

Overall I give this to Achilles High-Diff. He would have to last through the early battle before deploying Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē or Achilles Kosmos to close out the match, which I think is more likely than not.

Dunno about Kratos himself but his weapons have the divinty to bypass AA.

DAL removes any god given buffs/gifts which also includes Achilles passive stat amp despite which, he can still punch at 7-A. Its doubtful he will activate it though seeing as he only does it to have a fair fight with people who can't bypass his invulnerabiity, something Kratos can already do. It also can't be used on people weaker than him which Kratos qualifies for.

Skill wise I'd put Achilles above Kratos since this is kinda early into the GoW story while Achilles is apparently able to fight Karna on equal grounds despite not having his main NP while he gets 90% of his stuff nulled. He can also match Chiron who is skilled enough in hth to fight a sword user and immediately down them in one move.

While he can just ram with AK, if Achilles can't handle it in cqc for some reason, TT is probably his best bet seeing as he couldn't be tagged by a guy who trained him and had pseudo-precog, and it allows him to one shot if the sun shield isn't out to block.

No clue on how good Kratos' hax is/works so Imma defer to Dargoo (or whoever knows GoW) on the magic resist nulling the hax for the most part.

Actually, I'm sure Kratos likes to abuse his powerful hax once he gets them, like how he kept using Poseidon's Rage and Medusa's Gaze throughout the novel. He should do the same here, he'll keep stopping time and sadly, Soul of Hades is bound to his main weapon, the Blades of Chaos. The Soul of Hades is going to turn Achilles into a fragilized soul and has bypassed invulnerability before like when his seemingly indestructible Blades of Athena were corroded when those spirits came in contact with it.

Medusa's Gaze wouldn't affect Achilles due to Magic Resist, as he resists the literal same ability.

Soul of Hades would be nulled by Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē or Achilles Kosmos, and to be entirely fair he'd have to get close to Achilles to use it, which would be hard considering Achilles' skill and his ability to use his mount to gain aerial movement.

@Andika

Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē negs interference from divine spirits and outside forces, summoning wouldn't work while it is active, nor would magic if I recall. Kratos would have to battle him in a powerless melee brawl.

@Xtas

If Kratos reliably opens with it or uses it normally sure, although I strongly doubt that he'll be able to kill Achilles inside of whatever frame he has to attack. If Achilles pulls out Achilles Komos before Kratos starts timestopping there really isn't much he can do to harm the heroic spirit to begin with.

Oh.

If it only covers that much range and he doesn't reliably use it I'm pretty sure it doesn't come into play most of the time, and by the time Kratos would probably resort to it Achilles would have probably already activated one of his noble phantasms and closed out the match.

I was a bit on the fence where to go with this, but the arguments by Dargoo and Xta does pull me to the Achilles camp.

As for timestop, pardon me but isn't it a tool of convenience rather than one of combat for Kratos? Obviously it can be combat used, but even in that pic that isn't the purpose he's using it for. It just doesn't feel like an opening move or something Kratos would pull out until he thinks it may be really needed.

Granted with a speedy opponent, that is more likely the case in here.

In regards to the time slow, the Emiya Crest allows Kiritsugu to do that with a one count aria (maybe 2). Achilles is able to negate up to 3 counts with no problem, so the time manip isn't going to be much of a problem.

Back