• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TL; DR, both have layered hax at around the same-ish level, both can one-shot each other, but Dante has passive Low 1-C hax following him wherever and whenever.

Honestly, I don't have a concrete answer. At this point it just matters on who pulls the trigger first. Or maybe, they might end up pulling at the same time and killing each other, or giving up and conceding to a stalemate.
I was hoping for something more detailed

If both have hax that can kill each other, maybe you can discuss who will resort to using an ability that will grant them a win first

Ah yes. The Fear hax. The one emotion hax that Kratos doesn't resist.
Why wouldn't he resist it with his general empathic resistance?

Don't bring up Fear Zeus, that guy is very clearly in his own league.

Last I remember it drove entire buildings mad with fear just by Dante being there, but uh... this is DMC3 Dante. Not sure if DMC2 feats apply here too.

Honestly, its pretty close between the two, minus Dante's passives.
Kratos can one shot with his Low 1-C weapons while Dante scales massively above the 4-A feat which is about a 100 times above Kratos, could even be argued to be Low 1-C

But if Dante one shots Kratos, he ain't coming back, however if Dante gets one shot, he can come back with a Gorb.

Voting Dante ig

Honestly, its pretty close between the two, minus Dante's passives.
Kratos can one shot with his Low 1-C weapons while Dante scales massively above the 4-A feat which is about a 100 times above Kratos, could even be argued to be Low 1-C

But if Dante one shots Kratos, he ain't coming back, however if Dante gets one shot, he can come back with a Gorb.

Voting Dante ig
Does the Golden Orb provide Mid-Godly healing or god forbid, High Godly? Because given how many layers we have here, if Kratos so much as grazes Dante with the Spear of Destiny, he's deader than dead.

Does the Golden Orb provide Mid-Godly healing or god forbid, High Godly? Because given how many layers we have here, if Kratos so much as grazes Dante with the Spear of Destiny, he's deader than dead.
Well its ressurection not healing, so idk if it matters.
And does he get Spear of Destiny in his Demigod Key? It is currently indexed in his GoW key

And does he get Spear of Destiny in his Demigod Key? It is currently indexed in his GoW key
Funnily enough, yes. GoW2 is wacky in a sense that his Demigod key remains as is until he reaches Atlas. Chronology reasons are why the Spear of Destiny has the abilities listed in the GoW key.

Fear Hax would just fall under Empathic Manip resistance that Kratos has, and Planck tells me Fear Zeus can't be used as an excuse to not give Kratos that since... well... Fear Zeus is a literal Abstract.

Fear Hax would just fall under Empathic Manip resistance that Kratos has, and Planck tells me Fear Zeus can't be used as an excuse to not give Kratos that since... well... Fear Zeus is a literal Abstract.
So then who has the better layer for that then? Kratos Resistance or Dante's layers?

Kratos has 3-4 layers of resistance. IDK how many layers Dante has anymore since the PoC bullshittery.

Kratos still has a mind/soul/concept nuking lightning storm in this key. Which is why the resistance layers are very important.

He does. Our Demigod key is a bit disjoint chronologicallu but it is what it is.

Also, Kratos can evolve against hax near immediately. I presume the same for Dante, so this so unless the hax are deleting them, they eventually just adapt.

What hax can they adapt to?
I can't wait for glass to unfuck RE, cause "it only works for shit it's already adapted to" is so ******* dumb, I hate it I hate it so much-

Anyway, for Kratos, it's everything showcased in verse. Idk about Dante but by how the power currently works, it's presumably the same.

Kratos Resistance or Dante's layers?
Dante has at least 4 layers could be more don't remember cos of PoC mess. He can also amp it with DT and have other passive hax like madness.
Kratos still has a mind/soul/concept nuking lightning storm in this key. Which is why the resistance layers are very important.
I mean its resurrection, so I am not sure why it should matter.
But whatever for Mind I think it would be 3 to 4 layers maybe more, Soul maybe well over a dozen cos its tied with regen neg, Concept is also Type 2.
Dante can incap people with fear hax?
Fear hax is considered as a form of incap or wincon in the wiki, if I am not wrong. This should be because the character who is haxxed would be rendered unable to fight properly.
Now for Dante's fear hax, it can make demons feel fear and despair, make them run away and cry. Said demons are unaffected by the DW passives which causes despair fear, insanity/madness.

For simplicity's sake I'd say they both resist each other's haxes honestly.
AD and RE should also help compensate for hax nonsense of each other.

So Dante could one shot with AP, can ressurrect himself, can BFR and seal, and can use DT for stat amps.
Kratos can also one shot with AP bcos of weapons.

Dante has at least 4 layers could be more don't remember cos of PoC mess. He can also amp it with DT and have other passive hax like madness.
Huh noted.
I mean its resurrection, so I am not sure why it should matter.
But whatever for Mind I think it would be 3 to 4 layers maybe more, Soul maybe well over a dozen cos its tied with regen neg, Concept is also Type 2.
Pretty sure we don't auto-assume resurrection to bring you back from any level of damage unless it's like, one of those time rewind type deals. And Kratos has Type 4 Immortality Negation.

Noted on the rest.
Fear hax is considered as a form of incap or wincon in the wiki, if I am not wrong. This should be because the character who is haxxed would be rendered unable to fight properly.
Now for Dante's fear hax, it can make demons feel fear and despair, make them run away and cry. Said demons are unaffected by the DW passives which causes despair fear, insanity/madness.
Kratos has resistance to general empathic manipulation from the Sisters of Fate, so like 3-4 layers of that plus supernatural Willpower and the ability to rapidly adapt to this.
For simplicity's sake I'd say they both resist each other's haxes honestly.
AD and RE should also help compensate for hax nonsense of each other.
Pretty much. Dante has better AD I think, since it's pretty basic for Kratos in this tier.
So Dante could one shot with AP, can ressurrect himself, can BFR and seal, and can use DT for stat amps.
Kratos can also one shot with AP bcos of weapons.
Kratos can also use his duplication to tank attacks for him, reflect Dante's attacks back at him with the Sun Shield, BFR him to another dimension, and would know of the latter's power via his Info Analysis.

I do think this is closer to inconclusive honestly. Both one-shot and have ways around most of each other's hax.

"Pretty much. Dante has better AD I think, since it's pretty basic for Kratos in this tier."

By AD you mean the ability to become faster and stronger as the battle goes on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back