• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Kizaru fights a different Yonko Commander

King "the Wildfire" VS Kizaru (Borsalino) "the Yellow Monkey"​

• Fight Location: Marineford
  • Starting Distance: 10 Meters
  • Both in character

Borsalino AKA Admiral Kizaru by bodskih on DeviantArt
King (ONE PIECE) Image #3536627 - Zerochan Anime Image Board

Kizaru: 1 (@KingTempest)

King: 9 (@WrongIdea21, @TheMonkeMan, @Eminiteable, @ZoroNotZolo, @Eseseso, @Popted2, @StrawHatArslan, @CiscoTheSoto, @TauanVictor)

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Can King resist the raw heat from Kizaru's laser beams? I was going to include his advanced armament but Zoro had greater haki than Kizaru and still failed to get through King's defense at first.

Can King resist the raw heat from Kizaru's laser beams? I was going to include his advanced armament but Zoro had greater haki than Kizaru and still failed to get through King's defense at first.
King's Fire burn Marco, Kizaru's laser didn't even leave a scratch. King can tanked Zoro's Goken, Regular Armament works on Kizaru. Kizaru have skill in sword combat but King is more versatile, He can Combined sword skill and hand to hand combat skill easly. Vote for King.

King's Fire burn Marco, Kizaru's laser didn't even leave a scratch. King can tanked Zoro's Goken, Regular Armament works on Kizaru. Kizaru have skill in sword combat but King is more versatile, He can Combined sword skill and hand to hand combat skill easly. Vote for King.
Good points ig

I meant in his light form but I guess that's equalized too?
I had to equalize it since the Wano speed revisions aren't done yet. but considering King is gonna scale to FTL stuff that from what I can tell is >= Kizaru it really doesn't change the outcome.

I had to equalize it since the Wano speed revisions aren't done yet. but considering King is gonna scale to FTL stuff that from what I can tell is >= Kizaru it really doesn't change the outcome.
I'm gonna be honest, King probably has better durability. Hear me out. Zoro, who seemingly puts both basic armament ( not advanced but still dangerous ) and advanced CoC ( which is said and implied to be far better than advanced armament ) still couldn't slice King with King's flame up. Meanwhile Kizaru, from what I remember, hasn't been hit once in the story but that's due to his speed and fruit. How ever, we can assume he's somewhere near, or equal to, Akainu, while Akainu had blood drawn by Vista and Marco, both not having advanced haki from what I remember, and especially not advanced CoC. He was also momentarily warded off by Crocodile, Jinbe, and Marco. And old white beard beat the ever loving shit out of him and injured him badly.
Basically, Kizaru has comparable durability to the guy who literally can only pick on people with no resistance to his power or have a considerable gap in strength and experience from him, or are literally old and dying from some heart disease. Meanwhile, King gets shlapped by Marco, and can recover from it, and can then tank attacks that would do actual damage to Kaidou. Zoro had to literally invent a new attack against him, and I think he MIGHT have cut King's flame, but I don't remember that too well. Basically Zoan regen, plus the insane durability it gives him, is better than Kizaru's durability. Also, King should, from a narrative point, be comparable or stronger than Benn Beckman, whp, while having no feats, kind of scared Kizaru, though Kizaru realized " wait I can't just sit here being held hostage by a Yonko commander I might get clowned and yelled at by my superiors " ( this loyalty and dedication to his job was shown in another ways along with other admirals doing the same but I'll get to that soon. ) and stopped playing around with Benn Beckman and got back to hunting Luffy once Benn was distracted. Now, I think he did that because after all, the admirals have been shown to be dedicated to their jobs even when a clear skill gap was shown. Kuzan is exempt from this, since he's lazy as hell lol. But, Akainu, who is implied to be weaker than emperors, had a show down with Whitebeard, and both got equally whooped in said battle, though Whitebeard was MUCH more handicapped. Now, compare this to when Shanks showed up. Shanks is healthy, he's young, and he seemingly has no diseases, unlike old Whitebeard. And Akainu was at quite low hp, too. ( not like him being at full hp would make him beat Shanks since he couldn't beat Whitebeard at full hp either. ) Even still, Akainu likely would have tried to kill Shanks if ordered to, even though Shanks was able to easily block Whitebeard, the same guy who clapped Akainu. it's quite clear Shanks was able to brutally murder Akainu. And I don't know why he didn't, but that isn't the point. So basically, the Admirals are very dedicated to their job, in case someone tries to argue that any admiral besides Kuzan and ( sometimes ) Fujitora is lazy and not truly loyal. Oh, and also, in case someone claims " b-but Aramaki roflstomped King and Queen in seconds!!! " my brother in jesus, God, and the holy spirit ( if you for some reason believe in the trinity ig), he literally used incapacitating hax on them while they were still in base form, and sure, Kizaru is comparable to him for obvious narrative reasons, but he doesn't have the same hax. Also, he just did the same thing as crocodile, that can be solved by giving king and queen some deer park water bottles lmao. In conclusion I think King has far better feats than Kizaru so far, and sure some of these claims can be refuted, but others are very solid imo. If I made any grammatical errors or anything, point them out, since I'm on a tablet and it auto corrects one piece names. For example: Lizard is what I get for Kizaru, among other words. And Also is what I get for Zoro.

Oh, also if someone says " but Marco, the strongest emperor commander, got warded off by Akainu, who used like half of his full power " seriously bro you're probably an admiral wanker if you try that hard to defend them, and what's crazy if you'll defend Akainu by saying " he didn't just sit there and give orders during the timeskip, he got stronger!! " guess what, Marco was the main guy preparing for and leading a payback war against Blackbeard, sure he lost but it's still implied most of his troops came out alive. So to assume Marco, who was insanely angry at blackbeard and probably wanted to train to brutally murder him, did NOT train at all, and just sat there doing ****** mating dances for birds, while Akainu suddenly gained ACoC and got a supreme grade sword or something, is INSANE. If I sound angry, I'm not. Just a bit confused at assumptions like that.

King probably wins this atm, the speed revisions haven't been applied yet but even with his base speed and amps plus Kenbunshoku Haki he'll be able to avoid the durability negating Lasers. Kizaru does have Yasakami no Magatama which is Danmaku which will be harder to avoid but the speed difference above light speed should still allow him to avoid it.

If the lasers hit King he'll be able to endure the damage due to his resistance to heat, Lunarian + Ancient Zoan endurance, Buso's defense & heat resistance and can recover with regeneration.

Ignoring the lasers & speed King holds the advantage with true flight and greater durability that will tank Kizaru's physical hits. In terms of AP King is relative to Marco in Base who's relative to Kizaru so with his amps he's probably stronger.

King probably wins this atm, the speed revisions haven't been applied yet but even with his base speed and amps plus Kenbunshoku Haki he'll be able to avoid the durability negating Lasers. Kizaru does have Yasakami no Magatama which is Danmaku which will be harder to avoid but the speed difference above light speed should still allow him to avoid it.

If the lasers hit King he'll be able to endure the damage due to his resistance to heat, Lunarian + Ancient Zoan endurance, Buso's defense & heat resistance and can recover with regeneration.

Ignoring the lasers & speed King holds the advantage with true flight and greater durability that will tank Kizaru's physical hits. In terms of AP King is relative to Marco in Base who's relative to Kizaru so with his amps he's probably stronger.
Doesn't it take time for Kizaru to use attacks anyway? Zoro couldn't block King fast enough, but could block or dodge light speed beams as mentioned by some one else. So basically, it's not far fetched to say King can snipe Kizaru in the head in the time he takes to charge up the danmaku stuff. Or he can just, dodge. Kizaru would have to do like he did to zoro pre time skip and hold him down with one leg, and that simply ain't happenin captain.

I'm gonna be honest, King probably has better durability. Hear me out. Zoro, who seemingly puts both basic armament ( not advanced but still dangerous ) and advanced CoC ( which is said and implied to be far better than advanced armament ) still couldn't slice King with King's flame up. Meanwhile Kizaru, from what I remember, hasn't been hit once in the story but that's due to his speed and fruit. How ever, we can assume he's somewhere near, or equal to, Akainu, while Akainu had blood drawn by Vista and Marco, both not having advanced haki from what I remember, and especially not advanced CoC. He was also momentarily warded off by Crocodile, Jinbe, and Marco. And old white beard beat the ever loving shit out of him and injured him badly.
Basically, Kizaru has comparable durability to the guy who literally can only pick on people with no resistance to his power or have a considerable gap in strength and experience from him, or are literally old and dying from some heart disease. Meanwhile, King gets shlapped by Marco, and can recover from it, and can then tank attacks that would do actual damage to Kaidou. Zoro had to literally invent a new attack against him, and I think he MIGHT have cut King's flame, but I don't remember that too well. Basically Zoan regen, plus the insane durability it gives him, is better than Kizaru's durability. Also, King should, from a narrative point, be comparable or stronger than Benn Beckman, whp, while having no feats, kind of scared Kizaru, though Kizaru realized " wait I can't just sit here being held hostage by a Yonko commander I might get clowned and yelled at by my superiors " ( this loyalty and dedication to his job was shown in another ways along with other admirals doing the same but I'll get to that soon. ) and stopped playing around with Benn Beckman and got back to hunting Luffy once Benn was distracted. Now, I think he did that because after all, the admirals have been shown to be dedicated to their jobs even when a clear skill gap was shown. Kuzan is exempt from this, since he's lazy as hell lol. But, Akainu, who is implied to be weaker than emperors, had a show down with Whitebeard, and both got equally whooped in said battle, though Whitebeard was MUCH more handicapped. Now, compare this to when Shanks showed up. Shanks is healthy, he's young, and he seemingly has no diseases, unlike old Whitebeard. And Akainu was at quite low hp, too. ( not like him being at full hp would make him beat Shanks since he couldn't beat Whitebeard at full hp either. ) Even still, Akainu likely would have tried to kill Shanks if ordered to, even though Shanks was able to easily block Whitebeard, the same guy who clapped Akainu. it's quite clear Shanks was able to brutally murder Akainu. And I don't know why he didn't, but that isn't the point. So basically, the Admirals are very dedicated to their job, in case someone tries to argue that any admiral besides Kuzan and ( sometimes ) Fujitora is lazy and not truly loyal. Oh, and also, in case someone claims " b-but Aramaki roflstomped King and Queen in seconds!!! " my brother in jesus, God, and the holy spirit ( if you for some reason believe in the trinity ig), he literally used incapacitating hax on them while they were still in base form, and sure, Kizaru is comparable to him for obvious narrative reasons, but he doesn't have the same hax. Also, he just did the same thing as crocodile, that can be solved by giving king and queen some deer park water bottles lmao. In conclusion I think King has far better feats than Kizaru so far, and sure some of these claims can be refuted, but others are very solid imo. If I made any grammatical errors or anything, point them out, since I'm on a tablet and it auto corrects one piece names. For example: Lizard is what I get for Kizaru, among other words. And Also is what I get for Zoro.
Where is the monkey...

Doesn't it take time for Kizaru to use attacks anyway? Zoro couldn't block King fast enough, but could block or dodge light speed beams as mentioned by some one else. So basically, it's not far fetched to say King can snipe Kizaru in the head in the time he takes to charge up the danmaku stuff. Or he can just, dodge.
There is shown to be charge up time for Kizaru's attacks yeah, King's regular attacks don't seem to have that (which will scale to FTL while Kizaru's lasers will be Light speed). The only attack King has shown that has a small charge up time is his Imperial Deep Pride Stake which would blitz Kizaru and do heavy damage.

There is shown to be charge up time for Kizaru's attacks yeah, King's regular attacks don't seem to have that (which will scale to FTL while Kizaru's lasers will be Light speed). The only attack King has shown that has a small charge up time is his Imperial Deep Pride Stake which would blitz Kizaru and do heavy damage.
My point exactly

Personally I think Kizaru has it.

King never burned Marco. In fact he never used his flames on Marco at all except for when he blocked his flame bullets and the undying thistle.

Kizaru's lasers pierced through a healthy Marco while he was using Undying Thistle, while King couldn't even scratch Marco using the same move. Kizaru's dura neg has no reason not to work atm.

On the contrary I see this as a swordsmanship battle which I think Kizaru has the slight edge. He could combat rayleigh with pure swordsmanship, while King kept up with Zoro due to variety, unpredictability, blatant superiority, and an AP advantage plus weird mechanics in dura and speed. The moment the superiority was cut down due to Zoro's growth, he was cut down as well.

Kizaru also has advanced Buso, which can be used to defend against his attacks and even disperse or redirect them (although the last part is absolutely useless).

On top of that Kizaru has methods of quickly blinding and torturing victims like he did to Hawkins before he had to leave.

King should be able to dodge his Yasakani no Magatama when he's not ignited, and he'd have the advantage in speed, but I think that when he inevitably reignites, he won't be able to physically run fast enough to dodge them.

So I vote for Kizaru, but I'm willing to change it to King or Incon if I see more points

Yeah, we see a massive star effect before any laser is fired with Kizaru and the other Laser users, which to my knowledge is shown in the story to take up some time before firing (although the time is inconsistent)
That is just like a notification that he is about to fire... He could instantly shoot if he wanted to

For example here he's just taking his time as he always does
0511-015.png
0511-016.png

He could've shot way before if he wanted

I mean this technique kinda proves there's no charging up time
0553-009.png

Personally I think Kizaru has it.

King never burned Marco. In fact he never used his flames on Marco at all except for when he blocked his flame bullets and the undying thistle.

Kizaru's lasers pierced through a healthy Marco while he was using Undying Thistle, while King couldn't even scratch Marco using the same move. Kizaru's dura neg has no reason not to work atm.

On the contrary I see this as a swordsmanship battle which I think Kizaru has the slight edge. He could combat rayleigh with pure swordsmanship, while King kept up with Zoro due to variety, unpredictability, blatant superiority, and an AP advantage plus weird mechanics in dura and speed. The moment the superiority was cut down due to Zoro's growth, he was cut down as well.

Kizaru also has advanced Buso, which can be used to defend against his attacks and even disperse or redirect them (although the last part is absolutely useless).

On top of that Kizaru has methods of quickly blinding and torturing victims like he did to Hawkins before he had to leave.

King should be able to dodge his Yasakani no Magatama when he's not ignited, and he'd have the advantage in speed, but I think that when he inevitably reignites, he won't be able to physically run fast enough to dodge them.

So I vote for Kizaru, but I'm willing to change it to King or Incon if I see more points
At first, advanced CoC wasn't much help to Zoro, so advanced armament, which is less powerful, should not help Kizaru that much. I'll leave the other arguments for King for others to make for now.

At first, advanced CoC wasn't much help to Zoro, so advanced armament, which is less powerful, should not help Kizaru that much. I'll leave the other arguments for King for others to make for now.
Kizaru has dura neg.

And I'm not speaking of the AP amp of Buso, I'm speaking about its capabilities and abilities in itself, not just an AP amp.

On top of that
so advanced armament, which is less powerful
There is no basis that scales Haoshoku above Busoshoku in AP. This is flat out headcanon

1. I'll add you to the King voter section.

2. From what I could tell from the speed revisions, the calcs which King will scale to might actually be above Kizaru, ironically enough.

3. Didn't King fight Hybrid/Zoan Marco?

3.5. Yeah, considering Hybrid King could've cut Hybrid Queen's neck, which is above any of the damage Hybrid/Zoan Marco did to Zoan Queen, safe to say King at his best scales above Marco's best to at least some degree.

Yeah I agree with this, his lasers would definitely pierced through King as they did Marco and WB.
Not sure this will be relevant in the fight, he got away with that due to his superiority to Hawkins but as we see against Ray, Marco and WB he doesn't attempt this. Plus King's Kenbun should allow him to prevent this move.
I think he'll honestly mostly attempt not to reignite in this fight, he is paired with Queen and knows his fighting style well enough (The vivre card comments on their tremendous co-ordination in battle) so he should be aware of the dangers Kizaru's lasers and other lasers (assuming he knows about Ichiji's) and thus choose to mainly rely on speed like he did against Zoro when he posed a significant threat to him.

While similar to the Zoro fight he'll return back to flame mode and block when he feels he can tank an attack, although I assume Kizaru should be knowledgeable enough to figure out how King's biology works after a while and will be able to land physical attacks while King's in speed mode.

2. From what I could tell from the speed revisions, the calcs which King will scale to might actually be above Kizaru, ironically enough.
Yeah, King has quite a few good speed amps. I imagine this will change in the future when Kizaru gets a fully dedicated fight though. But for now the dino bird would be faster.
3. Didn't King fight Hybrid/Zoan Marco?
He tagged Zoan Marco (although this could be due to his coordination with Queen) but regardless he scales to Zoro who intercepted the likes of Base Kaidou and Mom who scale to Zoan Marco.
3.5. Yeah, considering Hybrid King could've cut Hybrid Queen's neck, which is above any of the damage Hybrid/Zoan Marco did to Zoan Queen, safe to say King at his best scales above Marco's best to at least some degree.
Not sure I agree with this method of scaling, I'd rather just use the fact he cut Marco himself directly.

Not sure I agree with this method of scaling, I'd rather just use the fact he cut Marco himself directly.
It's decent support scaling IMO, while the Marco wing thing is...okay for now.

Also let's not ignore that durability wise King IIRC tanked Enma hits that hurt Zoan Kaido.

Kizaru has dura neg.

And I'm not speaking of the AP amp of Buso, I'm speaking about its capabilities and abilities in itself, not just an AP amp.

On top of that

There is no basis that scales Haoshoku above Busoshoku in AP. This is flat out headcanon
Why would Luffy need it then? It was implied and said to be something much harder and rare to unlock, which is true, as more people have advanced armament than the like 4 who have advanced CoC not including implications or assumptions. And, with advanced CoC, Luffy slammed Kaidou to the ground, Yamato slammed Kaidou to the ground, and Zoro gave Kaidou a permanent scar and made him cough up blood. Meanwhile, the scabbards, who all have advanced armament iirc, had to band together to merely awaken an old scar Kaidou had.

I guess because Luffy calls his Adv Buso emission/Internal destruction shallow in comparison to his Hao infused strikes. Kaidou's & Luffy's VC statement do say that only those exceptionally strong can use it, but I'm unsure if this means having it makes them exceptionally strong compared to others or if only those who were exceptionally strong prior can unlock it.

I guess because Luffy calls his Adv Buso emission/Internal destruction shallow in comparison to his Hao infused strikes. Kaidou's & Luffy's VC statement do say that only those exceptionally strong can use it, but I'm unsure if this means having it makes them exceptionally strong compared to others or if only those who were exceptionally strong prior can unlock it.
Tbh people with only hax and average haki took much more time to defeat or injure the emperors. Law and Kidd were on the brink of dying ( though they kept bringing up the 20 inch ***** in them which is " I've got one more attack in me ". It's a cheat code for them to prolong their life and attacks. ) when they beat Big Mom. Not to mention, she lost due to BFR, not due to them legitimately incapacitating her or killing her, since she'd keep healing and/or clapping them with Homies. Meanwhile, 3 Haoshoku users ( Yamato and Zoro notably injured him badly but his zoan regen helped him recover unlike the next person I'll list ) all injured Kaidou badly, and Luffy broke his horn and knocked him out, which is an actually fair win.

Why would Luffy need it then? It was implied and said to be something much harder and rare to unlock, which is true, as more people have advanced armament than the like 4 who have advanced CoC not including implications or assumptions.
There's like 7 people who have it so far
And, with advanced CoC, Luffy slammed Kaidou to the ground, Yamato slammed Kaidou to the ground, and Zoro gave Kaidou a permanent scar and made him cough up blood. Meanwhile, the scabbards, who all have advanced armament iirc, had to band together to merely awaken an old scar Kaidou had.
Zoro could cut Kaidou left and right without any Hao

Luffy was stacking Buso and Hao to pull off his feats
doesn't literally mean AP, since base Luffy was weak as hell when he learned it

Back