• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby calc issues and required recalcs

I mean I don't see how the punch being relativistic (which by itself is like, tier 7) changes the fragments being sus

I mean I don't see how the punch being relativistic (which by itself is like, tier 7) changes the fragments being sus
I mean we literally have invincible at tier 7 because of a relativistic KE calc. Feat's irrefuted. Why not do the same here where stuff like that happens a lot.

Yeah honestly you could argue Invincible should be downgraded since iirc there isn't a big crater or anything. I say that as the guy who originally approved the calculation mind you

Yeah honestly you could argue Invincible should be downgraded since iirc there isn't a big crater or anything. I say that as the guy who originally approved the calculation mind you
Well then let's either nerf invincible or use the speed i presented to buff Kirbyverse. It's either one or the other.

Eh, idk man, cross scaling sizes of the planet between games might lead to wonky results, it definitely changes slightly between iterations, it's why we tossed out like half the Zelda calcs even.

Eh, idk man, cross scaling sizes of the planet between games might lead to wonky results, it definitely changes slightly between iterations, it's why we tossed out like half the Zelda calcs even.
Thing is, there is no real evidence that popstar varies THAT much. Like it has some wonkyness but it's guaranteed larger than earth and also, only the latest 3D games have the width of the planet shown, so i can only use that.

No I mean, I can tell from the shots you used alone that its dimensions vary, it's straight up different, how much? Not a ludicrous amount, but it would get explicitly different results than if you just scaled Pop Star how we see it in the game the feat happens in, even if you assume it's the same overall size. But that's not the main issue.

The main issue is it kinda shouldn't matter, you don't need to do that. It ain't like the split went through the whole planet, we can tell by the thickness of the ejected debris how deep the split was, which is also why it can't be pulv, there is debris, and the debris are like, 400km thick.

As we see debris, we can get the depth of the split from how thick the debris were, while also confirming if it's frag, v.frag or pulv.

Well then let's either nerf invincible or use the speed i presented to buff Kirbyverse. It's either one or the other.
Go ahead and do the first, I won't oppose it

Except not really cause there is no relation between the two feats outside of them being KE-related

ok i get your point now.

Anyways i've something...So the debris fly off right? Thing is, their speed isn't even Rel...it's like sub-rel. They flew off around a few hundred km away at best which would mean that they should be lower. Wouldn't that make it different?

Nah they fly fast as ****, game is 60FPS, they cover that distance in like 14 frames.
Shit's 5-A, though the feat itself is suspect, especially because it's the exact same animation reused for the smallest worst split and the maximum.

Nah they fly fast as ****, game is 60FPS, they cover that distance in like 14 frames.
Shit's 5-A, though the feat itself is suspect, especially because it's the exact same animation reused for the smallest worst split and the maximum.
oof. Saddening. We're currently trying to argue that Kirby shouldn't even have the h6-A key in the first place but still, ouch.

I mean hey, I think splitting Kirby up to the extent you're doing is weird especially given Meta Knight exists making huge astronomical leaps in power from early Kirb to modern being hard to come off as legit, but using the debris from this feat ain't the best way to go about getting the tiering, it's definitely a feat that falls under extreme scrutiny, and it'd apply to the weakest being in the verse as well if we use it.

I mean hey, I think splitting Kirby up to the extent you're doing is weird especially given Meta Knight exists making huge astronomical leaps in power from early Kirb to modern being hard to come off as legit, but using the debris from this feat ain't the best way to go about getting the tiering, it's definitely a feat that falls under extreme scrutiny, and it'd apply to the weakest being in the verse as well if we use it.
I mean the current argument is that Dark matter clone is an imperfect clone of Dark matter swordsman.
DMc fought Robobot Meta Knight and Dark matter swordsman fought kirby in like his third game

So Bernkastell brought up a good point in
planets traveling at rel speeds. I am now beginning to question why using the debree is sus

Technically speaking, the feat itself is basically a precision punch. It isn't really meant to deal too much damage, rather just split the planet. Not to mention that the punch is the reason behind the debris flying away, not a KE punch

Technically speaking, the feat itself is basically a precision punch. It isn't really meant to deal too much damage, rather just split the planet.
This kind of "precision" would require a blatant violation of physics, it can't be assumed that the characters can do that. If they're applying 5-A levels of force ot a planet, that planet would be destroyed, no way around it. Plus with that level of AP, even the worst-performing contestants would be able to make a much longer crack.
Not to mention that the punch is the reason behind the debris flying away, not a KE punch
Irrelevant

This kind of "precision" would require a blatant violation of physics, it can't be assumed that the characters can do that. If they're applying 5-A levels of force ot a planet, that planet would be destroyed, no way around it. Plus with that level of AP, even the worst-performing contestants would be able to make a much longer crack.

Irrelevant
Welp i guess the final variant of my argument is that Popstar is more durable than an average planet. It was undamaged by Sectonia's explosion which was around 10k km in radius, it didn't take much damage from the Haltmann spaceship which stabbed it with legs thousands of times its size, it is capable of surviving through fights between kirby and other characters... Ect. It has shown to be quite the tanky planet so for it to survive a punch that is 5-A isn't uncharacteristic

Clearly that ain't the case since the punch caused a 5-A feat anyway, if we assume it's higher than there's a recursive loop and that makes no sense. Plus you realize that you're suggesting Random Fodder > Sectonia with the planet being unaffected by the latter?

Sectonia's death explosion is high 6-A and it's just that, a death explosion which failed to even scratch kirby.

yeah no the feat debris sus, if for no reason other it's from a animation that plays for EVERY punch, the smallest punch that makes a tiny pixel long split? Same debris.
Kirby's giant **** off punch? Same debris.

Clearly that's an issue.

kirby having a 6-A key.

I mean, I agree with ya, while I think using the debris sus as **** here, doesn't mean I don't think you're right on that High 6-A Kirby key makes zero sense based on the l o r e.
Almost think it's impossible actually.

yeah no the feat debris sus, if for no reason other it's from a animation that plays for EVERY punch, the smallest punch that makes a tiny pixel long split? Same debris.
Kirby's giant **** off punch? Same debris.

Clearly that's an issue.

I mean, I agree with ya, while I think using the debris sus as **** here, doesn't mean I don't think you're right on that High 6-A Kirby key makes zero sense based on the l o r e.
Almost think it's impossible actually.
Could you please support me in the Una-Voidable kirby upgrades thread then? I am really acting like a one-man army there rn.

Aight man you win. I argued because I wanted to have some fun. I tried, i did not succeed. Guess I'll just have to try and argue against kirby having a high 6-A key
hey i respect it, always worth a shot

Could you please support me in the Una-Voidable kirby upgrades thread then? I am really acting like a one-man army there rn.
Maybe if I knew what was even happening, if you give me a rundown sure maybe.

I might be mistaken here but was the 5-A/High 6-A stuff ever updated? Cause Amelia's calc is still used on the profiles.

Ah alright, just wanted to make sure, was reminded of it by a random source.

I'm still editing Kirby profiles one by one in the order they are in the verse page, but I admit I'm neglecting to add this speed feat to the Low Tiers, because it was barely accepted and I would like it to be better accepted, and because it would be better to wait to have calcs for the attack speed of Bandana Waddle Dee, Knuckle Joe and Iron Mam cracking Popstar and have all those feats linked at once.

It bounces off all surfaces so idk about that bit, but considering they literally spell out the LASER acronym i think it's fine. You could probably push it to FTL by calculating the movement of the mirror shards it shoots out, if you're fine with assuming they scale to the reactions of the guy, which i think is fine.

Can you comment this thoughts in the calc blog? That will make everyone who looks at it kept up.

It bothers me a little bit that the calc's among other unrelated calcs, but that's too minor.

Back