• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby calc issues and required recalcs

Ok, well, it ain't done, but I ran some numbers for the ejection of the debris, and got 5-A. Per piece.
Probably still 5-A altogether though, but uh, yeah.

Still working on it but we're looking at 6-A or 5-A depending on which part we wanna focus on.

Ok, well, it ain't done, but I ran some numbers for the ejection of the debris, and got 5-A. Per piece.
Probably still 5-A altogether though, but uh, yeah.

Still working on it but we're looking at 6-A or 5-A depending on which part we wanna focus on.
High 6-A, i fixed the calc a bit

Sectonia happens after Kirby and co are in their Tier 3, low 2-C key though right?

Semi-related though, but for the Void feat, do we use that formula for cosmic explosions? It seems extremely off that we'd use essentially a shockwave calc for a MFTL++++ explosion in a vacuum, I could be wrong though, never had to **** with a calc like that, but I think it might actually be higher?

Semi-related though, but for the Void feat, do we use that formula for cosmic explosions? It seems extremely off that we'd use essentially a shockwave calc for a MFTL++++ explosion in a vacuum, I could be wrong though, never had to **** with a calc like that, but I think it might actually be higher?
If you can figure how to make one then be my guest... Cause I'm dumb af in physics lmao.
Anyways if a space explosion formula can be used then tell us how to use it or at least link it. Please.

I've seen it used for space explosions, but i've also seen people say that it indeed doesn't make sense. Personally I think it's a decent enough approximation but eh

@Chariot So, if you have the numbers of the planet-cracking feats then please put all that on a blog with the "Kirby" category when you have the time.

I thought I could just add many Kirby Manuals talk of Popstar as a Tiny Star

Dream Land

Avalanche

Dream Course

Dream Land 3

@Chariot So, if you have the numbers of the planet-cracking feats then please put all that on a blog with the "Kirby" category when you have the time.
Probably late today or tomorrow, I've been asking around if that planet debris shit is even ok though or checks out, because we're looking at 5-A at minimum, already calced some of it and have a single piece, of like, 25 or some number around that, is 5-A, not even all of them (Which would still be 5-A, but we might be hitting ninatons with the whole lot).

The actual split itself has been done for awhile (6-A, about 6 petaton), just waiting so I can have both in the same blog to save time. I'll probably finish some time late today or early tomorrow, have like 2-3 days off.

I thought I could just add many Kirby Manuals talk of Popstar as a Tiny Star
I went over this in the blog linked above; they most likely meant that by the standards of a real star like the sun, Popstar is small, not that it's the size of a small star just like a real small star. And it's called a star because "it looks like a star" based of looks as that's how a fake star looks like.

You could argue the 5-A calc is not usable since if a planet, even a large one, was hit with that kinda force, it'd be completely destroyed, not just cracked

I went over this in the blog linked above; they most likely meant that by the standards of a real star like the sun, Popstar is small, not that it's the size of a small star just like a real small star. And it's called a star because "it looks like a star" based on looks as that's how a fake star looks like.
Considering Hoshi can be translated to both star and planet, maybe it's not even a Star

You could argue the 5-A calc is not usable since if a planet, even a large one, was hit with that kinda force, it'd be completely destroyed, not just cracked
There are a number of things that make that not the case;
  • They're making the crack with precision to see which one is larger, not trying to destroy the planet, meaning that they may be avoiding to do that due to sheer technique.
  • The crack isn't all that nonsensical for a feat, there's a simple logic behind it that is "they punched the planet really hard and in a way that would create a crack going over a side of it", meaning that the power behind the punch makes sense to measure and apply to their own power.
  • Popstar may have superhuman durability, as it survived fine Sectonia blowing up on top of it, the planet-sized Access Ark falling on it, and some Jambastion fortress landing on it & piercing its way in. It may also have regeneration given the latter 2 feat and this 5-A cracks, on top of it being alive.
  • This minigame is a actually canon as Kirby doing his biggest crack is recognized in an encyclopedia as a thing that happens, with some regularity implied.

They're making the crack with precision to see which one is larger, not trying to destroy the planet, meaning that they may be avoiding to do that due to sheer technique.
That's not how it works lol, you can't apply "Precision" to a giant landmass-splitting punch, if you're outputting 5-A energy into a planet that planet will be destroyed. It takes 6-A energy to make that crack, but the material flying out would only happen after the destruction of the planet, which would be unavoidable with 5-A AP. If there was some sort of specific statement in the matter sure, but that can't be assumed at all.
The crack isn't all that nonsensical for a feat, there's a simple logic behind it that is "they punched the planet really hard and in a way that would create a crack going over a side of it", meaning that the power behind the punch makes sense to measure and apply to their own power.
The crack itself is 6-A and inflicts 6-A damage, I don't have a problem with that, the real issue is the 5-A kinetic energy which absolutely does not fit the context of the scene.
Popstar may have superhuman durability, as it survived fine Sectonia blowing up on top of it, the planet-sized Access Ark falling on it, and some Jambastion fortress landing on it & piercing its way in.
Clearly that ain't the case since the punch caused a 5-A feat anyway, if we assume it's higher than there's a recursive loop and that makes no sense. Plus you realize that you're suggesting Random Fodder > Sectonia with the planet being unaffected by the latter?

Regen doesn't matter since it's clearly not that fast, and I would consider it toon force anyway
This minigame is a actually canon as Kirby doing his biggest crack is recognized in an encyclopedia as a thing that happens, with some regularity implied.
Not denying that but it doesn't matter at all

The critique makes more sense as only the debris being put into question.
That's not how it works lol, you can't apply "Precision" to a giant landmass-splitting punch, if you're outputting 5-A energy into a planet that planet will be destroyed. It takes 6-A energy to make that crack, but the material flying out would only happen after the destruction of the planet, which would be unavoidable with 5-A AP. If there was some sort of specific statement in the matter sure, but that can't be assumed at all.

The crack itself is 6-A and inflicts 6-A damage, I don't have a problem with that, the real issue is the 5-A kinetic energy which absolutely does not fit the context of the scene.
Ok. I mean I could argue that's how it works when you're a Kirby character and the debris doing that is part of their Toon Force at work in a way no less different than other nonsense in the series like Nightmare blowing up and piercing a hole in the moon as if the explosion was a cylinder and he was in the middle of it, or Kirby batting away a meteor that would have destroyed his planet faster than how it came w/o destroying the meteor, but I guess in this case it makes sense to take the feat more realistically? What I take as the most weird is that I don't think this would be done if it was animated rather than put together in an old videogame, and that if so that shouldn't be a limitation.
Clearly that ain't the case since the punch caused a 5-A feat anyway, if we assume it's higher than there's a recursive loop and that makes no sense. Plus you realize that you're suggesting Random Fodder > Sectonia with the planet being unaffected by the latter?
Ok with the first thing, on the latter first; Not really, all of Floralia took the explosion in between Sectonia & Kirby above and Popstar below, this either 1. doesn't add up if we take it as harming Kirby (that 0.0 face he made for like 3 seconds) and the blast coming from Sectonia's power (= with Kirby's), or 2. do making sense if it didn't harm Kirby and the blast just came from Sectonia dying. The explosion also didn't came from Sectonia as if her head was a bomb/grenade and it expanded from there, but all her body blowing up in even parts in an area of effect way, when her body was covering 1 side of the planet. So it's not as potent as calc'd for any 1 character and the planet to take it.
Regen doesn't matter since it's clearly not that fast, and I would consider it toon force anyway
Both.

Kirby's weird, maybe with more time to digest its nonsense I would be more or less inclined to believe certain things, idk.

Anyway, another 5-A-ish feat the first key could scale to is Marx surviving Nova blowing up. Marx survived on 1 part of the explosion as small as his body, if some parts of Nova of various sizes survived this while others didn't. A non-canon mode shows Marx having survived this pretty badly, if still w/o a scratch and him having already been defeated by Kirby, so it's fair to say he downscales from the feat.

The critique makes more sense as only the debris being put into question.
Oh yeah 6-A is definitely fine lol, I'm not arguing that
Ok. I mean I could argue that's how it works when you're a Kirby character and the debris doing that is part of their Toon Force at work in a way no less different than other nonsense in the series like Nightmare blowing up and piercing a hole in the moon as if the explosion was a cylinder and he was in the middle of it, or Kirby batting away a meteor that would have destroyed his planet faster than how it came w/o destroying the meteor, but I guess in this case it makes sense to take the feat more realistically? What I take as the most weird is that I don't think this would be done if it was animated rather than put together in an old videogame, and that if so that shouldn't be a limitation.
The issue here is that this feat is specifically calculating destruction caused. I'm fine with secondary stuff not being portrayed realistically, obviously if the meteor was gonna destroy the planet who cares about it not being destroyed, that's not enough to invalidate the feat. My issue is that we see the level of destruction the feat causes- hell, causing destruction is the whole point of megaton punch- and it stops at 6-A, so I feel weird assuming it to be 5-A instead, which is many times higher, based off a secondary section.
Ok with the first thing, on the latter first; Not really, all of Floralia took the explosion in between Sectonia & Kirby above and Popstar below, this either 1. doesn't add up if we take it as harming Kirby (that 0.0 face he made for like 3 seconds) and the blast coming from Sectonia's power (= with Kirby's), or 2. do making sense if it didn't harm Kirby and the blast just came from Sectonia dying. The explosion also didn't came from Sectonia as if her head was a bomb/grenade and it expanded from there, but all her body blowing up in even parts in an area of effect way, when her body was covering 1 side of the planet. So it's not as potent as calc'd for any 1 character and the planet to take it.
Since you ok'd the first part I can ignore this I think.
I mean, regen clearly isn't that fast considering the crack doesn't immediately close up so I don't think it's relevant to this point
Kirby's weird, maybe with more time to digest its nonsense I would be more or less inclined to believe certain things, idk.
I've played Kirby games since I was a kid and I used to really obsess over it, I've had time.
Anyway, another 5-A-ish feat the first key could scale to is Marx surviving Nova blowing up. Marx survived on 1 part of the explosion as small as his body, if some parts of Nova of various sizes survived this while others didn't. A non-canon mode shows Marx having survived this pretty badly, if still w/o a scratch and him having already been defeated by Kirby, so it's fair to say he downscales from the feat.
Are you talking about the cutscene where he becomes Marx Soul? I always took that as Nova resurrecting him.

Well, Nova was destroyed, is pretty neutral unless you can make it a wish, and Marx Soul's pause des. says that he absorbed Nova's power. So it was him.

I admit it's weird as he wasn't moving, so either he was really concentrated or did it subconsciously. Does Tvtropes have a page for villains gaining one last power up by sheer luck?

I thought it was just Nova's residual power flowing into whatever was nearest- Which I think would still fit the meaning of "absorbed". A sponge (cloth) isn't conscious, but it still absorbs water. It might also be his soul doing that, either way the "Soul" moniker implies Marx died IMO.

It was power and some physical pieces that made up Nova. I think it would be weird if his soul did it with the wording saying that "he did it to revive his evil soul", and Japanese often uses "revive" as in "healed from being defeated/unconscious". It could be a soul, a zombie or him like normal but just more looking more edgy, we don't know.

Do you know japanese or are you just saying that? Cause I've never seen that. Either way the english translation says that too and I haven't really ever seen that meaning of revive used without a lot of context that this doesn't have. I don't deny the possibility of him having survived but if it's unknown we probably shouldn't use it.

Idk Japanese but can tell that many kanjis associated with "revive" can mean something other than "revive from being dead" and saw it over and over in Kirby due to having to check translations. In any case, they do refer to real resurrection in his case as I just checked the kanjis used.

Still, it's his soul that revived, whatever that works, his physical body already beaten by Kirby did take the blast and was not destroyed while in a bad state.
I mean, explosions usually kill you via internal damage, not external harm- I can compromise on a "at least 6-A, at most 5-A (or whatever the calc ends up at)" rating or something like that even if I'm personally not a fan of that kinda stuff

Oof... If only someone could make a proper version of my nightmare calc... We'd have a high 6-A feat

Well, as I see it I 100% agree on the Marx feat being useable, but we need to see if the Nightmare feat gets calc'd at higher and we end up using that anyway.

Math isn't my area, but how about calc'ing the blast with instead of a circle it being a cylinder or rectangle as tall as the circle? The explosion had to cover that area from one point of view of the moon.

The issue is that the amount of the cylinder that intersects with the moon isn't as easy to calc

There are 3 difficulties to the mini-game used where Knuckles Joe does the feat calc'd; the calcs use the easier difficulty,
Doesn't the Knuckle Joe thing contradict those calcs though? Because from what I see they give rather explicit numbers like 250 Megatons.

When statements clearly contradict feats people here usually the feats themselves no? I mean unless you suggest that splittint even a small planet is possible with that amount

When statements clearly contradict feats people here usually the feats themselves no?
It's the most logical thing to say in this context. Watch out the wording, we often take feats over things claimed like that but it's not impossible for there to be a context where it's the other way around.
It looks more like a crack than a split to me.
Definitely. I imagine it went over the surface of one side of the planet.

I definitely wouldn't use the megaton number given to us by the game lol

Whatever it might be, in the game where the feat actually happens, pop star is portrayed as big a decent chunk above that of a normal planet (though, do note, it doesn't have vastly more mass, it's larger, but due to the shape its mass doesn't scale linearly).

As such, we'd use the size shown in said game, much like how we use the relevant Hyrule's for each respective game if possible.
Doesn't the Knuckle Joe thing contradict those calcs though? Because from what I see they give rather explicit numbers like 250 Megatons.
A case of authors don't know how to math. It's about as relevant as 500 megaton Saiyan Saga Goku or like, the infamous "as strong as a room full of men" lines.

Anyway High 6-A, that's the end result for every end, both fodder and Kirbo himself.

I also counted 64 pieces of debris, times two as the animation plays on impact and at the end of the split, a single piece is 5-A, I don't think I need to explain why using the debris probably a bit sus.

Has everyone come to an agreement, and have we gotten replacement calcs? (Sorry for being out of the loop I've been away for a while and don't have time to read every response)

K, looks good :)

so
"The average weight per millimeter of telescope aperture is: 0.199 lbs (0.090 kg). So, on average, a 100mm telescope weighs 19.9lbs (9.0kg). The weight typically includes the factory telescope mount if provided."

from the telescopschool website.

One of the objects shot away from nova is a telescope and we can use this to figure out the size and weight to get somewhere

Back