• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts Powers and Resistances Additions

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, it seems the site forgot entirely of Status Effects, a thing in KH since the start, let alone how a bunch of passive abilities seem to have been left at a side.

What this means? This:

- Resurrection for anyone that gets Auto-Life (Roxas, Data-Sora and Xion already have it via that on the profiles (but it should be elaborated on all the pages as just "Via Auto-Life, only works once" or something like that); the only page missing it is Terra´s (Aqua´s Lv. 2 D-Link, just like Ventus)

- Information Analysis (Via Sca, which Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Aqua, Terra, Ventus and all (Classic, which would exclude Ansem, Xehanort and Young Xehanort) Organization XIII get)

- Durability Negation and Death Manipulation (this one being already added) for Marluxia (Via Doom) and Corruption (Turned Mother Gothel´s remaining "heart" into a Heartless by corrupting it)

- Durability Negation and Explosion Manipulation for Sora and Riku (Via Time Bomb)

- Durability Negation for Data-Sora (Via Zantetsuken, while being enhanced by Zantetsu Prime)

- Danmaku for Zexio and Roxas (Via their Limit Break), Donald (Fantasia), Sora, Terra, Ventus and Aqua (Shotlocks in general, also some spells)

- Explosion Manipulation for Axel (Via Explosio, duh, which is listed on the profile already, but not the power itself)

- Damage Reduction for anyone that gets Vitality Barrier (All classic Organization XIII, except Axel and Larxene, Goofy and Riku also get it), also for anyone that gets Defender (Aka, Sora, Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Aqua, Terra, Ventus and Simba)

- Enhanced Senses (All classic Organization XIII plus Sora, Riku, Donald, Goofy and Mickey, they have a "map" on their heads, while it could normally be dismissed as a game mechanic for obvious reasons, there´s actually an status effect in 358/2 Days that prevents access to it (Radar Zap, of which there´s also equipment to be resistant to), so it being an actual power isn´t too crazy)

- Damage Nullification (First 20 hits, Sora only, akin to Mario´s Damage Nullification to put it simple, via Platinum Card)

- Statistics Amplification (Sora can turn some of his attacks twice as strong with Double Strike, note that this power is already on the profile via formchanges, but I think this should be mentioned too)

- Resistance Negation for Sora (Can ignore Time Stop resistances with moves like Lethal Frame)

- Telekinesis for anyone that can wield Treasure Magnet (Aka, Sora, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Aqua, Terra, Ventus and likely all classic Organization XIII)

- Telepathy for Sora (Could feel Anna´s heart being frozen by Elsa as it was happening, without him even being aware of the actual cause for such feeling).

Resistance to the following:
- Perception Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation and Power Nullification (All classic Organization XIII plus Sora, Riku, Donald, Goofy and Mickey can resist the Radar Zap, Shoe-Glue and Silence status ailments in 358/2 Days with certain equipment)

- Power Nullification and Spatial Manipulation (For Data-Sora, he can resist Command Lock with Liberty Crown and can also resist Shoe-Glue with certain equipment)

- Durability Negation (At least Roxas and Xion, the equipment that allows them to resist elemental attacks also allows them to resist effects from those like Null Defense, which would fall as such)

- Disease Manipulation (For Sora, Donald and Goofy, which resist the Sneeze status in KHIII with certain equipment/cuisines)

- Attack Reflection (Sora only, via Guardbreaker)

- Elemental Manipulation (I could go into detail for which sorts exactly, but its better left as this for simplicity´s sake for now (it can be discussed, I just lack the time to research this properly), which would be added to all classic Organization XIII, Sora, Riku, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Aqua, Terra and Ventus via abilities like Blizzard Scree or certain equipment))

Note: There´s also the Cloud status in KHIII (Which Sora, Donald and Goofy can resist), but I can´t find information of it whatoever in either KH wiki, so support in this one is very appreciated.

Note 2: Another KH CRT waiting input with completely separate topics from this one

Odd, I used CTRL+ F and didn´t find it (Regarding Marluxia)

Oh well, the less work to do the better

Edit: Just checked, Marluxia doesn´t have listed as a power Death Manip or Dura Neg.

(It would just be Death Manip, but in KHII he uses it to ignore Sora´s durability to a degree)

Oh, then I can remove it from the OP

But Dura negation should still be added to him.

Does Marluxia have power granting/empowerment ?

Since he amped Mother Gothel and have her the ability to turn into a giant monster.

Nope, but it may fall as that, as you know, he just took advantage of her heart being out at the last moment to turn it into a Heartless.

But when you think about it..., it technically should fall as Empowerment, so yeah, I´ll add that to the OP

One issue. I see no need for Doom to be both Durability Negation AND Death Manipulation. Death Manipulation bring forth the assumption of Durability Negation by default. Death Manipulation alone is fine.

Also, what makes all these other skills Durability Negation again?

Well, you see, Marluxia can use it in a way so the blows with his main weapon ignore Sora´s health, making so if the "counter" on his head reaches 0, he dies, however, the number itself depends on how high his defense is in-game, so this is easily dubious and would like input on it.

Anyways, for the rest:

- Time Bomb is an spell both Sora and Riku can use in Dream Drop Distance, which turns the target into a bomb with a timer, once it goes out, it explodes, being OHK´d in the process.

- Zantetsu Prime, as the link explains, is an ability Data-Sora can have, which allows to potentially OHK a target with a single Zantetsuke, ignoring duability as you would imagine

Time Bomb is Transumation by that explaination.

I am a bit iffy with Zantetsu Prime seeing as it seems game mechanic like.

Oh yeah, that "literally" stepped in by mistake, the target isn´t actually turned into something else, but it will simply explode after a few seconds

And I can see why, but then again, it doesn´t activate every single time Zantetsuken is used, so it´s debatable.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Time Bomb is Transumation by that explaination.
I am a bit iffy with Zantetsu Prime seeing as it seems game mechanic like.
I've replied long ago, @Dragon, please answer.

One possible explanation for how Sora, Donald and Goofy jumped from high 4c to 3a that struck me is that all the post-game content, sidequests etc. happen after Kairi's death but before Scala ad Calum as after you finish the game the game sends you to the scale ad Calum checkpoint. So the reason they increased in power was because of all the events that occurred post-game.

This is also strongly implied by the fact that Sora being sent to the other square Enix game and the beach epilogue seem to happen shortly after the main story. Furthermore, Donald and Goofy seem to go to Disney castle immediately after the main story so they would not be available for the post-game even if there was a time gap between game end and Sora being sent to the other video game.

So the reason they went from high 4c to 3A was all the powering up they did during the post-game

I think it should be noted that Scan's Information Analysis provides info on how much HP the opponent has remaining.

Likewise, powers & abilities should have descriptions when possible, & if they come from equipment, which they come from should be noted.

(Resistance to) - Durability Negation (At least Roxas and Xion, the equipment that allows them to resist elemental attacks also allows them to resist effects from those like Null Defense, which would fall as such)

Isn't Null Defense Statistics Reduction? Or, if it's getting rid of Elemental Resistances, isn't it (Elemental) Resistance Negation?

- Resistance Negation for Sora (Can ignore Time Stop resistances with moves like Lethal Frame)

If this is implemented, it should be noted as Resistance Negation against Time Stop, assuming a lack of evidence he can RN other resistances. Incidentally, is the basis for this being RN that some enemies resist the Stop status?

- Telekinesis for anyone that can wield Treasure Magnet (Aka, Sora, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Aqua, Terra, Ventus and likely all classic Organization XIII)

Should be noted this is Telekinesis on prizes/treasures/items only.

- Telepathy for Sora (Could feel Anna´s heart being frozen by Elsa as it was happening, without him even being aware of the actual cause for such feeling).

Should be noted how this Telepathy works.

- Perception Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation and Power Nullification (All classic Organization XIII plus Sora, Riku, Donald, Goofy and Mickey can resist the Radar Zap, Shoe-Glue and Silence status ailments in 358/2 Days with certain equipment)

I'm not sure what Radar Zap & Shoe-Glue do, but if my memory serves, FF's kind of Silence typically prevents the casting of magic, rather than negating the spells cast. I'd assume that's closer to Sealing than Power Nullification. Quoting the page:

• The second type of sealing involves removing or locking attributes or even concepts of a target. Examples include sealing a target's magic or ki energy, or even their movement or consciousness. This type of sealing denies the target use of these aspects rather than specifically placing them in another object. These effects can be temporary or permanent depending on the user.
Other than that, I think I'm fine with what's proposed here.

Null Defense basically allows to ignore the defense of the one inflicted, so per definition it's literally dura negation, but I can see it being also Stat Reduction too.

Yes, that was already implemented as such (regarding Dura negation via Lethal Frame), as for example, those that Stopga fails to work to, Lethal Frame works, hence why.

I agree with that, but it's too minor and that has been already added to all pages respectively, o there's not much of an issue with that (Regarding Telekinesis).

The telepathy seems to work by Sora bonding his own heart with those he meets, it's not combat aplicable either, so there's no much need for deep detail.

Lastly, for Silence, considering how it works, yeah, Sealing seems better.

So the equipment mentioned in "(At least Roxas and Xion, the equipment that allows them to resist elemental attacks also allows them to resist effects from those like Null Defense, which would fall as such)" grants resistance to some types of Elemental Attacks, as well as resisting the Null Defense status?

Also, I think getting rid of someone's defense is mostly, if not entirely Statistics Reduction. Durability Negation's summary says: The ability that allows users to damage the target, regardless of its durability.

The only types it lists that seem alike to SR are Information Manipulation (Kinda dissimilar?) & Magic, which is vague.

I think it's not minor enough to neglect explaining Treasure Magnet's function; It could be misleading to give someone Telekinesis for a kind that only works on items, as it might make users think it can be used for other purposes, like hurling opponent's around.

Likewise, with Telepathy, I think limitations to the ability as such should be listed so as to avoid potential confusion.

Glad we agree about Silence, though, lol. No offense meant.

Thanks for replying.

Oh, then yeah, Statistics Reduction seems better in that case.

As for the Telekinesis, that is totally fine, however, as a good amount of ages have it now, support into explaining it a bit on each page is appreciated.

Something like "Telepathy (Sora can sense the feelings of those his heart has bonded with, not combat applicable) should do it.

Okay, now the Silence thing has to be updated on all the pages that have such resistance.

Oh boy. Well, supposing the changes are sufficiently staff-approved & such, are you willing to handle it? I've never been a very active, nor experienced profile handler.

I would, but I've been doing some other additions to Sora, and I'm now tired.

I'll hopefully try to help with some later.

Sora, Riku, Aqua, Terra and Ventus get Esuna.

All of the above, Mickey, Donald, Goofy and all classic Organization XIII get Panacea.

Pretty straightforward, so yeah, they can be added with no issues.

Back