• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King vs Sabo

AP is actually pretty close, tbh.

And Sabo has those pressure points.

But I still give it to King cuz Lunarian durability, speed, and range.

I will write a what if and you cannot stop me.

Sabo, having the jump, lands the first hit. His Dragon Fist, clad in Armament Haki, knocks King back a step, before King attacks with his sword. Sabo turns into fire, and surrounds King, who attempts another sword slash. Sabo, appearing behind him, hits another Dragon Fist, knocking the sword from King's hands. King still isn't hurt, but he's very angry, shown by the fact that Sabo has drawn angry eyebrows on his mask. Both of them kick at the same time, but Sabo turns back into flame. Mulling over his options, he realizes he can just take King's flames away, since he controls fire.

"Is that cheating? Yes, it is. Do I care? No, I do not."

However, King is faster now. The two begin to battle in hand-to-hand combat, yet again evenly matched, but for the fact that King is far faster, until he overwhelms Sabo with Haki and speed.

Now, things aren't looking good for Luffy. His brother is dying, King is standing there, and Doflamingo is looking at him funny. However, Jesus Burgess walks up to King, punching him in the face. The two of THEM fight, and King wins again. However, all of this is fine, because Kin'emon arrives. The now-injured King is very surprised to see him, especially with Kanjuro at his side. The two scabbards start to overwhelm him, until Kanjuro stabs Kin'emon in the back. However, he, too, is stabbed, by Fujitora, who then battles and even more injured King. He calls down a mighty meteorite, but Doflamingo blocks it with his Birdcage. While Law and Luffy attack Doflamingo, Fujitora battles King, with their battles climax coming as Fujitora hits him over the head with a few gravity enhanced objects, the heaviest around, which happen to be Pica and Machvise. Now, with 2 devil fruit users dead, the Straw hats are given the fruits, which grew in a nearby orchard(i think this is how these work?), giving the flame-flame fruit to Usopp, because this is his arc and he's one of the few people there, and giving the pterodactyl fruit to the greatest crew member, Wado Ichimonji.

Now, Kanjuro, having been revealed as a traitor, is captured, and commits seppuku. His fruit is given to Nami on Zou, because her Clima-tact actually allows for some cool artwork.

Basically, Whole cake is slightly stompier, and Wano is easier too, with Zoro going directly to Kaidou instead of fighting King, and Kanjuro not betraying anyone. Furthermore, Nami, defeating Ulti no diff, is able to keep going, and take down even more enemies, and Usopp beats Page One on his own.

Things from there out stay as usual.

Sabo, having the jump, lands the first hit. His Dragon Fist, clad in Armament Haki, knocks King back a step, before King attacks with his sword. Sabo turns into fire, and surrounds King, who attempts another sword slash. Sabo, appearing behind him, hits another Dragon Fist, knocking the sword from King's hands. King still isn't hurt, but he's very angry, shown by the fact that Sabo has drawn angry eyebrows on his mask. Both of them kick at the same time, but Sabo turns back into flame. Mulling over his options, he realizes he can just take King's flames away, since he controls fire.

However, King is faster now. The two begin to battle in hand-to-hand combat, yet again evenly matched, but for the fact that King is far faster, until he overwhelms Sabo with Haki and speed.

Now, things aren't looking good for Luffy. His brother is dying, King is standing there, and Doflamingo is looking at him funny. However, Jesus Burgess walks up to King, punching him in the face. The two of THEM fight, and King wins again. However, all of this is fine, because Kin'emon arrives. The now-injured King is very surprised to see him, especially with Kanjuro at his side. The two scabbards start to overwhelm him, until Kanjuro stabs Kin'emon in the back. However, he, too, is stabbed, by Fujitora, who then battles and even more injured King. He calls down a mighty meteorite, but Doflamingo blocks it with his Birdcage. While Law and Luffy attack Doflamingo, Fujitora battles King, with their battles climax coming as Fujitora hits him over the head with a few gravity enhanced objects, the heaviest around, which happen to be Pica and Machvise. Now, with 2 devil fruit users dead, the Straw hats are given the fruits, which grew in a nearby orchard(i think this is how these work?), giving the flame-flame fruit to Usopp, because this is his arc and he's one of the few people there, and giving the pterodactyl fruit to the greatest crew member, Wado Ichimonji.

Now, Kanjuro, having been revealed as a traitor, is captured, and commits seppuku. His fruit is given to Nami on Zou, because her Clima-tact actually allows for some cool artwork.

Basically, Whole cake is slightly stompier, and Wano is easier too, with Zoro going directly to Kaidou instead of fighting King, and Kanjuro not betraying anyone. Furthermore, Nami, defeating Ulti no diff, is able to keep going, and take down even more enemies, and Usopp beats Page One on his own.

Chat GPT be like

KingLempest stop lurking you turd

Not reading allat rn but good job

ChatGPT would write "Sabo was having a tough time, but in the end, he was able to defeat King, and Wano was free."

I have discussed scaling with ChatGPT, it invented a Jack-level character, had him beat Kaidou, and then said he was Katakuri level.
I believe that same conversation ended with Luffy staying behind to protect that guy from Kizaru and all of CP0. Good memes for all you Lucci-haters, amiright?

what

Hmm ok so King has flight which gives him an advantage vs characters who fight on ground and cant fly at all. He is stronger physically than Sabo i guess which he would prolly overpower Sabo in close combat, His flame based attacks now depends on if they are hotter than Sabo's Flames. We got proof of that? If so let me know. King's Range from the air is also pretty good spamming attacks and his durability and defense would be able to take hits from Sabo for sure especially with Flame On if Sabo's flames ain't hotter.

Now about Sabo i think he would close the gap and get the range advantage by spamming fire attacks from long range on King when hes in the air and could possibly hit him since King in his Zoan form is huge asf and an easy target to hit since hes that big in size. Sabo could also evade King's attacks i believe since hes agile and has been shown dodging attacks before with his speed but King could just amp his speed so i will say King got the speed advantage over Sabo i guess with amps.

Now who got better Haki between both of them? King's Buso was shown to overpower Post Mink Medicine Zoro iirc and Sabo's best Buso feats are like beating Burgess in a clash and clashing with Fuji? Idk about Observation Haki feats Sabo seems like a better user but thats just speculation for now. Also Sabo's combat experience and knowledge make him a skilled and smart fighter adapting to fights.

I think both got advantages in this fight ngl. But i think it all depends on who has more heat potency with their flames and whos flames are hotter. Plus i dont see Sabo getting through King's durability and idk how he would exactly beat someone who attacks from a wide range and spams Imperial Deep Stake. Im leaning for King for now.

Hope this thread wont die its an interesting matchup

King has flight which gives him an advantage vs characters who fight on ground and cant fly at all
Sabo can fly with his flames.
His flame based attacks now depends on if they are hotter than Sabo's Flames
His flame coating sword and flame coating kicks/punches, sure, but his flame projectiles can just be manipulated and sent back, or just deflected due to the Mera Mera no Mi.
We got proof of that? If so let me know.
I'm not too sure if we can scale Sabo's flames to Ace's flames, so currently, his fire is as hot as normal fire AFAIK. King's scales way higher.
who got better Haki between both of them?
King by a long shot.

Last edited:
Sabo can fly with his flames.

His flame coating sword and flame coating kicks/punches, sure, but his flame projectiles can just be manipulated and sent back, deflected due to the Mera Mera no Mi.

I'm not too sure if we can scale Sabo's flames to Ace's flames, so currently, his fire is as hot as normal fire AFAIK. King's scales way higher.

King by a long shot.
Well even with Pseudo Flight i dont see much difference Sabo would make there as if he would get grabbed from King's whos physicaly stronger than Sabo. Then Sabos done for especially with King's stronger Haki. Voting King for now

Let's compare:

AP: This one is actually pretty even, although King's one-shots like Pride Stake (not sure if Omori and his explosion are effective on fire boi Sabo) may give him a small edge. Overall, I'd say they're equal.

Speed: King's speed amps ftw.

Durability: Don't really need to explain this one.

Heat: King's fire burnt Zoro, it IIRC scales above Sabo's/Ace's fire.

Haki: Easily in King's favor, as Kachon pointed out.

Range: Sabo's fire is useless and King has Danmaku, so this goes to him.

CQC: Sabo would probably do somewhat better than King in CQC since he's a skilled h2h fighter and may or may not be able to negate durability to some extent with Ryu no Ibuki, although Zoro's Goken worked similarly and did nothing to King.

Voting King, high diff.

I don't like that they're not H6A anymore.
I mean it makes sense but it threw me off.
Also Sabo has a passive immunity to fire unless it's stuff like Akainu's magma, so unless King uses Haki in his flames or something they won't hurt Sabo.

I don't like that they're not H6A anymore.
I mean it makes sense but it threw me off.
Also Sabo has a passive immunity to fire unless it's stuff like Akainu's magma, so unless King uses Haki in his flames or something they won't hurt Sabo.
Dude, no one is High 6-A anymore.

King still has danmaku like what he used when Zoro cut his mask.

Why are they even?
Pre-Timeskip Burgess's Durability ~= Sengoku's attack (which he took as well as pre-TS Blackbeard did) < Post-TS Burgess =< Casual Sabo << Pissed Sabo (as he manhandled Burgess once he got serious and angry).

And Sabo can stack Buso Haki, his DF, and Ryu no Ibuki to boost his AP.

Pre-Timeskip Burgess's Durability ~= Sengoku's attack (which he took as well as pre-TS Blackbeard did) < Post-TS Burgess =< Casual Sabo << Pissed Sabo (as he manhandled Burgess once he got serious and angry).

And Sabo can stack Buso Haki, his DF, and Ryu no Ibuki to boost his AP.
Pretty fair point. Perhaps this isn't as easy for King as I thought it would be.

Pretty fair point. Perhaps this isn't as easy for King as I thought it would be.
Easy? Ha!

Sabo definitely has the AP, CQC, and battle intelligence to keep up with King and match him blow for blow, plus possibly immunity to King's fire (not sure what his heat resistance scales to). And also enough stamina to keep up.

But King has absurd speed amps, utterly monstrous durability, better buso Haki, and danmaku.

So while it's a slobberknocker, King can probably whittle him down in a high-diff fight.

Damn. So he can turn off King's Flame On and start pummeling him
King will speed blitz his shit.

And Zoan Flame-Off King still has durability >= his AP (cuz Ancient Zoan), and his Zoan/Hybrid AP matched Marco and overwhelmed Beginning of Fight Buso Zoro

Back