• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Khârn vs Goku but it's less terrible

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Right then.

Let's establish some things before we get into this.

Goku could totally BFR with superior lifting strength. Too bad that's not in character in the slightest, and only did so to Cell because if he didn't, the planet would turn to Ash.

Khârn has taken blows and beatings from Gigafoe characters, and Gorechild can even hurt said characters.

Now, let's have some fun.

Speed Equalized.

Otherwise Standard Battle Assumptions

Khârn the Betrayer: 1 (TheC2)

Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z):

Inconclusive:

No not really.

He took a hit from Drach, fought a pretty annoyed Abaddon, and survived a beating from an extremely angry Angron.

Hmmm...

My big thing with this is that if Goku takes one good hit from Gorechild, it's pretty much over and Goku's MO involves CQC.

Goku is more versatile with more options to control the fight. Kharn literally has something that can end this with one major swing if he connects.

Decisions...

DMUA said:
No not really.

He took a hit from Drach, fought a pretty annoyed Abaddon, and survived a beating from an extremely angry Angron.
And wasn't debunked for being a marvel level outlier?

I'm curious as to why it was debunked. Kharn was broken and beatend after Angron was done with him. The only reason he surived is because he convinced Angron that the Space Marines of the War Hounds were worth leading. Basically, Kharn, despite nearly being beaten to death, surived long enough to change Angron's mind.

Angron was the most pissed off he had ever been to boot.

And he's one of the best Space Marines ever, up there with Sigismund, so awesome Khorne looked at him and said "he done be my favorite"

How is taking a beating, a feat?

"Survived numerous blows from Pre-Heresy Angro which has killed many other members of his Legion almost instantly. Parried and matched blows with Saint Celestine. Has probably gone up against powerful daemons on his rampages through the Eye of Terror. Fought Abaddon and survived his attacks in their encounter"

It is still on his profile.

Kharn can outlast Goku via his massive stamina and durability(a few minutes for Goku in SSJ3),can one shot him with his axe.

Goku can BFR and throw into space,but that is extremely out of character for him to do,since he loves to fight he is sayian and etc.

Kharn takes it,imo.

Lol, I still don't get it. Ssj2 Vegeta took a beating from Kid Buu. Kale took a beating from Jiren. Mr Satan survived blows from Cell and Buu. Kid Gohan took a beating from Freeza.

By that logic, everyone who takes a beating from a stronger character would have durability on par with that stronger character.

The difference between Kharn and everyone who beat him is larger than the difference between Kid Buu and Vegeta.Jiren was suppressed and killing is not allowed.Mr Satan's scenes are either PIS or Gag.

AKM sama said:
Lol, I still don't get it. Ssj2 Vegeta took a beating from Kid Buu. Kale took a beating from Jiren. Mr Satan survived blows from Cell and Buu. Kid Gohan took a beating from Freeza.
By that logic, everyone who takes a beating from a stronger character would have durability on par with that stronger character.
This is not remotely comparable.

Angron was explicitly bloodlusted and beating every single Marine who went in before Kharn to death. One of them even brought two other Marines to protect him for long enough so that he could at least start to speak with Angron, and the primarch still killed them too fast for this to matter.

"He felt the urge to look around him for his brothers. Gheer, the Legion Master, who had come in here first when the Emperor had told the War Hounds they must take this duty upon themselves and then taken ship to meet the Thirty-seventh Fleet at Aldebaran. Kunnar, the First Company Champion, who had donned his formal cape, taken up his axe-staff and walked down the steps after the noises coming through the doors had convinced them that Gheer was long dead. Anchez, who had captained the assault echelon, had walked down next. He had joked with Kharn and Hyazn as the doors had been opened for him, despite the blood they could already smell on the air. The man had never known what fear was. Hyazn had been next, and two of the banner-bearers from his personal command coterie had insisted on marching down the steps into the dark with him. They had meant to block the primarch's fury for long enough that Hyazn could speak with him. It hadn't worked. Vanche, the master-at-arms to old Gheer, had insisted on being next, even though the next to inherit the Legion's command, and so the duty of taking up embassy to their lord, should have been Shinnargen of the Second Company. The point was moot now. Shinnargen had met his end in here an hour after Vanche."

People seem to think Angron decided to take a ******* juice break before beating Kharn's ass as opposed to immediately charging him and attempting to beat him to death, while Kharn was able to remain conscious and talking. Angron wasn't suddenly "all murdered-out".

This isn't to show "Kharn can shrug off blows from primarchs without a scratch and scales completely". It's to show that Kharn can take hits from someone much, much stronger than him, hits meant to end his life and which had ended the lives of multiple other Astartes only minutes prior, and keep going.

I know about the difference being bigger. But still, taking a beating being considered as a feat is weird. It doesn't happen in any other verse afaik.

EDIT: After reading Azzy's comment. It should be considered PIS, tbh. You know the memes for shounen- the armor of the plot-agonist.

AKM sama said:
I know about the difference being bigger. But still, taking a beating being considered as a feat is weird. It doesn't happen in any other verse afaik.
Does "any other verse" in this example have a comparable scenario? Because saying "Kharn taking hits that instantly killed other members of his legion from a bloodlusted character isn't a feat because he still got hurt" ignores literally everything in the scene aside from "Kharn was getting beat up".

I edited my comment after reading yours.

I'm not sure how it would be PiS when this is part of Kharn's 4-B key. It would be ignored entirely if we were using his 5-A key, but we're not.

A huge part of his character has always been "taking ridiculous amounts of punishment and still coming". He's like the Juggernaut-lite. He's beaten by his primarch and keeps talking. He's eviscerated by a Land Raider and is completely fine once he gets unstuck. His men think he's dead from the final battle in Terra's palace, but he literally walks off being dead through the power of violence. This is all before Khorne decided to adopt him as a mortal herald.

Gargoyle One said:
<Walks off being dead
Okay what?!
After Horus was defeated, the World Eaters find Kharn laying "dead" atop a mound of corpses in the palace. They take his body back to the ship, but start to argue about who should lead. Pretty soon, they start trying to mutilate everyone else in the room, one captain murders another, and the power of sheer violence makes Kharn just kind of...get up.

It's worth noting that kharn was still barely alive after being beat by angron, and obviously wouldn't have won a fight. It's not insinuating that his durability fully scales to primarchs, since other primarchs wouldn't be in as bad a state as he was, just that it's way higher than normal considering nobody else even lived.

I'm going to go with Kharn.

Flight and energy attacks are a problem for him but nothing new or unknown for the Betrayer. IT is bothersome but Goku doesn't spam it. Not too mention that Goku does go for CQC very often. Kharn really only needs one solid hit with Gorechild to really end this.

Due to SBA, I'll assume that this is SS3 Goku. Hence, Goku has a limited operating of a few minutes before he exhausts himself and while Kharn has been on a nonstop rampage for thousands of years.

So I see Kharn taking this due to being able to outlast Goku, being able to tank the hits, having an effective means to end this with Gorechild and Goku's own tendency to engage with enemy close up.

Quantu said:
Goku via flight, energy attacks, teleportation, better senses etc.
Energy attacks with much, much less AP then what's needed to bring down Khârn, you mean?

Also, what's he going to do, smell Khârn to death?

If Kharn has the durability to survive a beating from bloodlusted opponents way stronger than Goku, then isn't this fight unfair?

Well... Goku still could BFR, keep his distance and Spam Ki Blasts, and probably even go into Super Saiyan to just try and wear him out.

It's just....

He doesn't.

I find it funny how despite fighting in places like the eye of terror for thousands of years, Kharn apparently has no kind of flight or other ability that could protect him from that type of BFR.

Well, if Goku keeps his distance and does nothing by spam ki blasts, Khorne will neg it because at that point Goku is't fighting honorably anymore.

I seriously doubt Khorne would negate that. I don't think it would happen either, but its not like Khorne negates stuff like running away or not being aware that your enemy is still alive.

Wokistan said:
I find it funny how despite fighting in places like the eye of terror for thousands of years, Kharn apparently has no kind of flight or other ability that could protect him from that type of BFR.
Well I mean... Like it was mentioned in the Khârn vs Calypso thread, yes he has been fighting in the eye of terror, but his methods of going about it, as of now, are unspecified.

Its still amusing though considering regular space marines have stuff like jump packs yet Kharn apparently just forgot his even though he's a champion of chaos.

Back