• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Goku is able to increase the AP his attacks, such as the Kamehameha, by charging them up.

Examples:
  1. Sergeant Metallic was undamaged by Goku's standard strikes, but a Kamehameha obliterated his head (Dragon Ball #58-59)
  2. SSJ Goku's Instant Kamehameha obliterated the upper portion of Cell's body, whereas they had traded blows on somewhat even terms when using standard melee attacks (Dragon Ball #398-401)
  3. Goku's Kamehameha punched a hole in Fused Zamasu, who was stomping him
So "higher with Kamehameha" should be added to Goku's AP section, since it is capable of one-shotting or grievously damaging characters comparable to him with a sufficient build-up of Ki.

Edit: Various other characters should receive Damage Boost with charged Ki attacks as well.

Characters that should receive Damage Boost: Piccolo (really surprised he doesn't already have it), Master Roshi, Son Gohan (Dragon Ball Z) / Son Gohan (Dragon Ball Super), Future Trunks, Android 17, Androids 18, Future Gohan, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, Chiaotzu via Dodon Ray, Trunks, Son Goten, Mercanary Tao via Dodon Ray, Grandpa Gohan, Nappa, Frieza, Captain Ginyu, Recoome, Burtur, Jeice, Zarbon, Dodoria, Cui, Nail, Android 16, Android 19, Dr. Gero, Cell, Cell Jr., Dabura, Majin Buu, Broly, Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, Frost, Future Zamasu, Goku Black, Merged Zamasu, Bergamo, Lavender, Basil, Jiren, Toppo, Beerus, Champa, Gotenks, Vegito, Gogeta, Kefla, Anilaza

Last edited:
I think almost everyone could have potentially higher via charging up ki attacks (Not limited to Kamahameha), and there are often occasions where even a charged Ki blast does nothing to character B which warrants valid upscaling.

I think this is redundant tbh, as it is the same principle as any ki attack being charged up, hell, even generic ki blasts can be charged up for extra damage and AOE, so i think damage boost covers this, cuz giving it higher sounds like a thing specific for the technique rather than ki attacks in general

I think this is redundant tbh, as it is the same principle as any ki attack being charged up, hell, even generic ki blasts can be charged up for extra damage and AOE, so i think damage boost covers this, cuz giving it higher sounds like a thing specific for the technique rather than ki attacks in general
Eh, I think it'd be pretty important to note to what extent charged attacks boost AP. Goku being able to one shot people on his level isn't currently listed afaik.

Also, this thread also aims to add Damage Boost to most Ki users, as the ability isn't listed for most of the cast.

Iirc, there is alread a theard about this in the past, but it got buried somewhere. But anyway i agree, Ki users have Ki techniques that deal damage above their limit by charging up ki blast. Final Flash, Kamehameha, Special Beam Cannon is good examples

Back