• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Khârn vs Goku but it's less terrible

I would vote for Goku. Yes I am the guy voting for him.

Goku could always dodge the axe, and I think it wouldn't be out of character for goku to possible disarm Kharn through different means such as Instant transmission. Also, Goku took beatings from Kid buu, who I believe has a greater AP than Goku himself. Also Goku has instant transmission, further increasing his dodging abilities, and also giving him chances to do a surprise attack. I also believe Goku has a higher AP, via powerscaling from Perfect Cell.

In summary, I am voting for Goku because:

He can dodge Khorne's axe with his speed/instant transmission

Instant transimission = surprise attacks

Higher AP

With versatility, he has the option of disarming Kharn

Roughly equal Durability to take hits from Kharn (non-axe)

also, take a shot everytime I say also.

He can't really hurt Khârn that much will how Durable he is though.

How durable is Kharn? His best durability feat is getting beat up from an annoyed Angron, who was about to kill him anyway if he didn't change his mind.

That's part of his 4B, along with stuff like contending with Abaddon. Considering how ridiculous primarchs are and how angron instantly killed literally everyone else, it's still quite the feat. While he shouldn't scale to the full force of Abaddon or a Primarch, he's still in general far more durable then his own AP. Goku probably can't really hurt him, or at least not to a meaningful enough degree that he won't just get hit with gorechild and killed before doing anything.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku took fought at length with Buu, who whould have destroyed the entire DB Macrocosm given enough time. I've seen that calc before and I really think that their durabilty is roughly equal.

"Enough time" for a Type 1 immortal could be Trillions upon Trillions of years you know.

And him oblitherating a Galaxy never happens in the Manga, which our profiles use.

Primarchs are gigafoe, Abaddon's stronger than daemon primarchs, who are already vastly more powerful than their mortal selves. kharn's durability isn't scaled all the way up to the full output of Abaddon, but it's still quite a bit higher than goku. The originlo calc that angron scales from and Abaddon scales way higher than should be on maladil the undivided's page.

Not too mention that Goku's durability vs Kharn's AP is kinda not an argument considering that Gorechild ignores conventional durability.

It's not so much that as the other way around c2. Kharn's dura is probably too high for Goku to hurt him with normal attacks, and BFR is OOC.

As for what he's arguing, I mean.

Well, it sounded like he was trying to say that Goku's durability matched Kharn based on his fight with Buu but that maybe me misinterpreting something.

Also, I just noticed something: Goku having superior lifting strength? Do we actually have a calc or something, cuz Goku's rated unknown on his profile.

Well, I mean, he's only Unknown cause his feats are kinda all over the place.

Kharn shouldn't weigh so much that Goku can't carry or throw him to space.

Blast it Toriyama! This is why we can't have nice things!

But it in all seriousness, do we have like a low end and/or high end feat for Goku? I'm just kind of curious now. If it's complicated or way too much to simply say, no pressure.

Low end is him struggling with 40 Ton Weights before Going Super Saiyan.

I don't know if that's actually canon or not though, I don't remember seeing a manga panel of it.

I remember kharn weighing about a thousand pounds, armor and all, but I don't remember where that came from. If that's accurate, that's less than one ton. Goku can lift him just fine, unless he actually weighs a ton more. I doubt he'd be too much more than a space marine, which is probably easier to find weight for.

Actually, after a little digging, turns out it did happen in the manga. I found some scans of Goku training with weights while in Other World. South Kai actually appears in the manga and it's noted that he and King Kai are the only Kais, outside the Supreme Kais, who appear in the manga on the DB wiki.

I was also curious because I was wondering if someone would try the argument that Goku could try and grapple with Kharn and pull Gorechild from his hands if he were to realize how dangerous. Kharn's own lifting strength is only Class 50+.

I doubt it the validity of such an argument based on Goku's character, but, hey, the more you know.

Wow, this Kharn guy is not playing fair. It seems like his opponents are forced onto CQC, but he gets a Dura Neging ax? Dude, not cool. Just to clear things up (for me) is Goku even hurting this guy with punches and shit?

Unlikely.

He could easily just spam Ki Blasts until Khârn starts to take damage though, maybe even just go down to SS2 so he doesn't burn through his energy so fast.

Kharn's profile says projectiles are negged too. For the sake of the argument, let's say Goku managed to get off a full-powered Kamehameha. What kinda damage we looking at?

Magic, psychic, soul, they're all the same to 40K and are basically tied together.

As for the projectiles, that happened when a tank tried to run away from Kharn rather than engage him. His blessing stopped it due to it being a cowardly tactic to just constantly run away and try blow Kharn up from a distance.

It depends on how Goku would do it:

If Goku spams ki blast while charging at Kharn with the full intention of fighting Kharn mano a mano in glorious melee: Honorable. Goku is just using his projectiles as another attack method as he moves to actually fight Kharn in a contest martial skill. Kharn's blessing won't stop those blasts.

If Goku plans to spam ki blasts so Kharn can't get near him or bring him down before they can actually fight: Cowardly. At this point Goku isn't trying to actually engage Kharn and has no intention to do so. He's trying to kill Kharn while staying away, which can't really be considered a contest of arms.

Another way to think about what Khorne would consider honorable: how Kharn himself fights. Kharn is always cutting into the thick of fighting, whether it be numerous foes or attempting to cut his way towards particulary interesting fighter. He fights with a plasma pistol and chainaxe so that he can attack at both long range and closeup while in such situations. He's also kind of fond using that plasma pistol at close range to blow off limbs.

Also, the story of how Kharn became the Betrayer, really shows what Khorne wants from his followers, outside of the thing of hating magic/supernatural powers.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Abu2411 said:
what type of projectiles?
ki== psychic powers
That's what I'm trying to figure out. It just says projectiles.
Also, Ki is actually soul based, not psychic.
== means 'not equal to'...at least in programming

Well khorne can neg whatever he wants, but he's not going to neg the way Goku uses his ki in character. If he tried to kite kharn around and just poke at him with ki blasts, he'd very soon find his ki not working.

I see, so I think Goku should be fine for Kharn's Power Nullification. The only thing that needs clarifying is whether or not Goku can hurt Kharn in the first place. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Goku's AP scaling goes like this:

SSJ Goku = Super Perfect Cell<SSJ2 Gohan<SSJ2 Goku<Majin Buu<Skinny Buu<SSJ3 Goku

So Goku is pretty deep into the Solar-System level thing, considering Perfect Cell is baseline. Therefore, I'm confident Goku would be able to harm Kharn.

@C2

oh then that's fine then, I was originally getting the vibe that Goku ki blasts would be considered cowardly period. He usually uses them in tandem with CQC anyhow.

There is also instant transmission, allowing Goku the option of surprising Kharne or appearing close to him suddenly and hit him hard...or Warp Kamehameha.

Also, does Kharne's plasma bolt do Solar system level damage?

@Abu2411

'Bumping' is just a post in a thread that's intended to get it back to the top of the list in the forum. It's basically just a post to try and keep the thread going by making sure that people see it, hoping that it will interest them and get them to participate.

@Abu Cell's feat is in the Kilofoes, Kharn's durability feat is in the Gigafoes

1 Gigafoes is equal to 1 million Kilofoes

Goku's only way to win is BFR

And that is scaling via Angron right? People can't seem to agree wether or not it was PIS

Back