• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread I: Phantom Blood

Hey Ya makes it so that Mcqueen trips or that a bird flies in front of his face every time he looks at Mcqueen so Mcqueen never sees him and realizes there's someone there to kill himself with.

honestly I'm gonna make a Pocoloco profile later today. Cuz through his luck, he can definitely killl many far more powerful characters

The new episode was really good. Mario could use a profile I think. I remember a statement from PHF that describes the ability the best, he is removing the hardness from objects and people

This reminds me, I wanted to share my analysis on the name of the parts with some people. Here's my analysis:

Part 1: Phantom Blood - This is the first part of JoJo, so my guess is Araki wanted something to sound cool and didn't put as much thought and care into naming it as he did the rest of the parts. Phantom can refer to a figment of the imagination - perhaps that is what Jonathan's relationship with Dio was, just a figment of his imagination and him giving the benefit of the doubt to his own brother?

The blood part can refer to the Stone Mask and how it needs blood to activate. That's my best guess.

Part 2: Battle Tendency - This one is fairly straight forward, Joseph is known for being impulsive and hot-blooded which tends to get him into a lot of fights, hence his tendency for battle. It can also refer to tendency for all living organisms to fight one another, something not even the pillar men and awakened Kars is exempt from.

Part 3: Stardust Crusaders - The Stardust part refers to the remnants/leftovers of a star. In this case said star is Jonathan and his lifelong fight with Dio, who has now returned as DIO. Because his ancestors are now picking his feud up where it left off it is now remnants of a time long ago, hence Stardust.

The Crusaders part refers to the crew in general. They are on a crusade to hunt and kill DIO both to save Jotaro's mother and to avenge their grandfather and all those DIO has needlessly wronged.

Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable - This is also pretty simple, the name refers to the worldbuilding and bonds made by Josuke and his friends throughout the part. Just like diamond is the strongest material, so is their bonds as friends and allies.

Ill do the rest later.

iirc I heard somewhere that a Battle Tendecny was a bad translation and a better one was "Tide of Battle". If thats true, then it would because Joseph is usually physically weaker than his enenmy and barely wins in the end.

IMO Phantom Blood has one of the most deep meanings bacuse of yhe phantom connection between JoJo and Dio

Part 5 Golden Wind - Refers to the legacy that is actively left behind by Giorno, I think Bruno even says "I'll follow your golden wind" at one point. Gold is a big color in Dios theme, could refer to Giorno being a remnant of him.

Part 6 Stone Ocean - Jolyne literally explains this one, lol.

SBR and Jojolion don't have any deeper meaning AFAIK

I'm really interested in writing if I hadn't made this obvious. That being said, I did not like Alessi's story arc and so I wanted to try my best on rewriting it in a novel format. Give me feedback:

The greesy middle-aged man adjusted his hair with his own saliva, daydreaming perverted acts involving the female passerby. Alessi hated hard work from the day he was born, but he knew this was a job that could not be refused. No amount of mental gymnastics could create a scenario where he bailed from this and kept his life; his masters voice crept up and echoed inside his head:

"Traitors will be killed."

Alessi tried to sigh the stress away as his hand auto-piloted into his pants, scratching his you-know-what before his fingers slid on over to the handle of his axe. The head of the tool was stuffed into the right leg of his pants and although it may have looked bizarre and odd to passerby, for some strange reason people actively avoided looking at him. The perfect plan, he acknowledged to himself as a grin washed over his face.

Realization of what's at stake struck him and Alessi's eyes now began scanning left and right in a wild attempt to identify the Joestars. He was told they should be around these parts any minute now. He began to panic and tremble which, unfortunately, made him stick out like a sore thumb among everyone which in turn made him panic and sweat more which caused him to stick out more which caused him to panic more which caused him to stick out more which caused hi-

"REALLY? First Avdol and now you too Kakyoin? Why didn't you go while we were at the bar!?" sounded a rough aged actor-like man. In turn a younger boyish voice quickly replied, "I'm sorry Mr. Joestar but I didn't have to go back then. Look, there's a restaurant a few blocks from here, I'll catch up with Avdol and return here soon."

"You'll be fine!" waved the boy as he jogged away to fulfill his duty. Alessi scurried through the small crowd of people like a rat, searching for... them! It seemed like forever before he could finally establish eye contact with them but once he did, relief hit him like a truck. He could only think of one thing: this was his lucky break!

He knew who the old man was - Joseph Joestar. What he didn't know was how jacked this guy was. His hand auto-piloted into his pants and his fingers grabbed the axe once again. The more he examined this specimen of a man, the more he reconsidered his approach of just striking him on the back of the head... but maybe if he was just a baby? Alessi grinned, that he could do. The pervert began to enact his plan by stealthily making his to his target, blending in with the dozen or so people spread across the desert street.

Joseph slides his hat over his eyes while leaning against the booth of a local food vendor. Alessi was now approaching his first target. He'd simply take Joseph out first, wait for his friends to get back and then take them out too! He held back a grin as he struck up a conversation with the food vendor, pretending to inquire about the merchandise. In reality he had already begun his attack: his Stand shot out from the shadows and enroached the area where Joseph stood. Sethan could only take form as a shadow, but whoever stood underneath it would become younger and younger until they were but a fetus.

Joseph Joestar, you idiot! You've already los-

"I'm sorry sir but there's no loitering here." the vendor interjects. Joseph looks up and grumbles before walking off. Alessi is left in shock as his target casually walks away. He hesitates before leaving the merchandise in an attempt to track Joseph and keep him under the spell of his Stand.

Joseph pauses and turns around, now staring down Alessi. His eyes are drawn towards the oddly shaped shadow eminating from him before returning back towards the pervert. The old man leaps unsurprisingly high off the ground in an attempt to escape Sethan. He glances upwards and stretches his arm out while doing so, shouting "HERMIT PURPLE!". Several ropes of thorn shoot out and grip onto an electrical pole giving him just enough leverage to hang off the ground.

Alessi chuckles, "I'd expect nothing less from an old timer like you but it's too late Joseph! You've been under the influence of my Stand for at least ten seconds now! You just gained your Hermit Purple recently, right? You won't have anything to hang off of soon!"

Joseph quickly begins climbing his own Stand until he can grip the electrical pole with his own hands.. but it's too late. As the vines begin to crumple and fade away, Joseph begins his three meter fall. He can only muster out an "OHHH NOOO!" in a changing tone, matching his physical appearance which seems to be that of a teenager. Alessi can't help but laugh, "Once you touch the floor I'll turn you into a child, Joestar!"

There's an audible crack as he collides with the floor. Alessi jumps up and down, Sethan covering his landing zone. "I win! I did it! I took out Joseph!" he cheers, dancing in the spot for a few seconds... wait, a few seconds? Why is Joseph still a teenager? He's on the ground, right? Has his Stand broke or something?

"Wait a second... YOU'RE NOT TOUCHING THE GROUND? HOW ARE YOU FLOATING?" screams the middle-aged man. There's a weird cackling sound coming from Joseph, he's breathing in a weird way too. Alessi drops to the floor to examine how the ternager is floating - it's instantly revealed to him.

Joseph explains what he's witnessing, "That's right, I enfused my belt with hamon! Just a little bit and bingo, the tip of it broke free and straightened out giving me a tiny platform to balance on!" He shakes his hips left and right which causes more of the belt to break free and thus push him further off the ground as it straightens out. Eventually, Joseph carefully props himself up, now standing upright on his hamon belt which is functioning more like a firm stick now.

Alessi begins trembling, his hand unconsciously pulling out the axe from his pants. "B-but you shouldn't have a Stand? How are you doing this!?" he asks, waving the weapon around. Joseph laughs and waves his finger around, "It's no Stand, moron. And do you really think you can take me with an axe? Go ahead and try then!"

His finger signs towards Alessi's crotch, "But before you do I'd pull my fly up if I were you.". At this point onlookers are now watching, and as per Joseph's observation they're all giggling.

The middle-aged man scrunches his face before gripping the axe tightly, how dare he make a fool of him!? He may be jacked and can do tricks with his belt but he doesn't have a Stand! Alessi has an axe, he has the advantage! He can do this!

He ignores whatever the Joestar has to say and dashes forward. Once in range he brings his axe down onto the giant who still stands on the belt. Joseph responds quickly by reeling his leg back, quickly striking Alessi's hand with his foot. The axe is sent high into the air, leaving the pervert unarmed and unconfident in himself. He swallow hard and steps back but he's not fast enough, the teenagers foot is already deep into his face, simultaneously sizzling and cackling with an odd energy. Alessi is flung in a clockwise motion toward the floor, connecting it with a loud thud.

Sethan retracts into his user and the hamon in the belt quickly dissipates, returning it to limp. Joseph touches the floor, his age quickly returning to him. The now old man re-adjusts his hat while scoffing at his unfortunate opponent. He turns around to promptly walk away...

But his opponent isn't finished. Though his teeth are missing and his head is pounding, Alessi manages to raises his neck just slightly off the floor. His thoughts of pain are quickly replaced with rage and he impulsively shouts out to Joseph, who also begins murmuring:

"And next you'll say: Bastard! You ruined my beautiful face! You're ******* dead, you hear me!?"

Sure enough,

"Bastard! You ruined my beautiful face! You're ******* dead, you hear me?"

But before he can come up with a plan to enact his revenge, an odd swooshing sound becomes louder and louder until... CHOP!

Joseph doesn't bother looking at the end result, an axe to the head can't be a pretty picture... he winces and shrugs it off, waving to a now approaching Kakyoin and Avdol.

Just my take on how the fight should have went. Maybe there could be more build-up to Joseph but I wanted to focus on the highlight and how the core of the fight should have gone down. I don't really think Alessi deserves more than three chapters, or in anime terms, an episode.

If you skipped over it I think it's a good read, let me know if I'm right.

Back