• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread I: Phantom Blood

I really want to talk about Vento Aureo here.

Jojo heavily relies on their protagonists, more so than other Shonen in my opinion. The main selling point is that they're all ancestors of Jonathan who was a well written protagonist on his own. With each new Jojo comes higher expectations than the one before them, after all they're essentially breaking immersion and familiarity by moving onto the next part and introducing the new Jojo, the viewer is going to be skeptical. Josuke in himself was a great Jojo who's world building only made the part even more likeable, the next Jojo would have to replace his iconic Crazy Diamond and his loveable troublemaker attitude.

Enter Girno Giovanna.

It was an awesome decision to make Giorno the son of Jonathan and DIO, it keeps that sense of familiarity making the viewer less concerned while also setting high expectations. It was the perfect recipe for the best protag in Jojo... but it fell short. Golden Experience was forgettable on account that he didn't have a stand cry, Giorno spoke on his behalf. Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond didn't have this problem. Giorno is calm and collected like Jotaro but he doesn't have any other aspect to his personality. Jotaro really cared about those around him, it was subtle but enough for viewers to pick up on. Aside from saving his mother, occasionally he could be seen smiling with Kakyoin or Avdol every now and then, not enough so that you would instantly remember it but enough so that when you do see him crack a smile you can't help but do the same. Giorno doesn't have that. I never really was invested in him emotionally like Jotaro.

I really wish he had a sadistic evil side to him that he would fight to restrain and overcome, something left over from Dio. Instead we have a personalityless protag, great. He had a lot of potential he just wasn't written right IMO.

Hopefully David Productions and Araki take some liberties in changing the events that happened in the Manga so we do get to see another side to Giornos personality but I doubt it, they haven't done anything like that to the past few parts.

Also that he kills most bad guys at all. He, Johnny, and Jos8te are the only ones that kill most enemies. Jonathan kills no one at all, Joseph only kills Wammu and Esidesi, Jotaro only kills DIO, Josuke kills no one, and idk if Jolyne kills people

Fair enough, but I feel him killing others is a consequence of being in the mafia and not a result of being the son of DIO.

We saw Dio complain about how he was turning into a piece of shit just like his father, why couldn't we get that for Giorno? I wanted moments where his cool exterior was replaced with no warning, one where he not only kills the enemy stand user but maybe proceeds to stomp on their skull with his boot, perhaps beat someone to death who is clearly no longer a threat. I want people around him to look at Giorno and be like "fuuuck were all killers but that guy... he's ****** up". It's what I think someone who's the offspring of pure born evil would do.

But he is technically also the son of Jonathan, so I would want to see more gentlemen like acts, doing what's right without reward. This is what his cool exterior should be, a "good kid mad city" type of scenario, where people around him would never expect someone like him to be in the mob.

Of course I would want to see the conflict of DIO and Jonathan manifest within him. He struggles to do the right thing because deep down all he wants to do is cause people pain and misery, he wants to be the undoubtedly greatest ever, he wants people to either stand with him or GTFO. This could ultimately culminate in a harmony of the two, being a good person and being a psychopath doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. Hell help others by torturing those who threaten good folk, hell beat rapists to death and mutilate their body with a crowbar, hell help the elderly out by black mailing grandchildren, etc.

This of course leads up to his goal of being a kingpin. He's at the top once he's conquered everyone, himself included. From here we can have his final showdown against what should have been the hyped unstoppable Diavolo, the greatest threat to Giorno and his progress.

But Saitama is a gag character who colos fiction, lol.

They could have at least put Giorno or Rohan in it so it would have anything to do with what this thread is about.

Superb athleticism

Hand to Hand Combatant

High Intelligence

Sense of Justice

Charisma

Powerful Vigor

Jonathan's powers apparently

Saitama = Jonathan confirmed!!!!!!!

Also, I just realized I wrote "colos" instead of "solos", which means Saitama has Sonic's Color Powers.

I love how we're joking around with that wiki, but we had "pointing out the obvious" as one of Speedwagon's powers not a long time ago.

I'm working on other projects, but I think I might make a Kenzo page at some point. His stand may be trash, and inefficient in a setting where many people are of similar physical power to him, but in a vs setting, he could be good

Most of Blackmore's abilities bypass durability, and I he hardly ever does direct melee combat. For his hand gun, just do standard handgun AP i guess

9-C handgun? To create a scaling chain, a Mountain Tim profile needs to be made too.

Also, I don't think Blackmore bypasses dura. He just uses extremely sharp attacks.

Back