• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread I: Phantom Blood

Kira was the only salvageable part of DIU, maybe Okayusu too, everything else was straight garbageeee

TataHakai said:
Kira was the only salvageable part of DIU, maybe Okayusu too, everything else was straight garbageeee
Funnily enough Kira isn't my least favourite villain and Okayasu is my least favourite Brojo

TataHakai said:
I've come to necro this thread just to remind everyone that part 7 is the best part and part 4 is the worst
How freaking dare you? It is an amazing tale of the society uniting to fight an evil hidden within it. Its a great story, not just as a Jojo part, but as a story itself. No other part did worldbuilding better imo (Part 8 may surpass it tho). And as much as I like Funny Valentine as villain, he is only second best to me.

Part 7 is the best Jojo part undoubtedly, but part 4 ranks right up there along with it and part 5. Jojolion is going great too but I will reserve my review for when it ends.

TataHakai said:
My god, you're wrong in so many levels. But we better not start a "what's the better part" battle, the multiverse can't handle such clash.

The first half of part 4 is literally pointless filler i don't want to hear it, it did nothing to forward the overall plot and it was incoherent as hell until there was a main villain in Kira, but yeah better not have a 2,000,000 post thread about which is the best part

The first half of DiU was the worldbuilding, character introduction and familiarisation with Morioh and its unique atmosphere. It was a slice of life anime at that point with Josuke and his friends encountering various problems in the society and fixing them, gradually making the town into a better place to live in. All while having an insidious unseen evil predator preying on the society. As Josuke fixed the society, he gained new allies and friends and they eventually came together after the death of Shigechi to hunt down the cancer that even Crazy Diamond can't fix, by itself that is.

About Part 4, the first half's purpose was to get us close to the characters more, know more about the town, get some character development and relationships. But then Kira comes into the picture , and destroys everything by killing Shigechi.

Man, been a long time since I've both seen and read JJBA.

Seeing as this is about which part was best or worst, I might try this out.

For worst, I feel it has to be Part 1 with Part 5 followed after. Well not quite WORST for either or, but I feel like that part 1 was pretty straightforward in a way that was shonen-ish. Granted, Jonathan's bara-ness saved it and w/o him and Part 1, Dio wouldn't come to be the meme lord of time stopping and posing and such he is today (ignoring the fact that all others aside him are meme lords too, but he comes to mind the most aside Josuke, Jotaro, and Joseph).

Part 5 is the same but not because of GioGio becoming broken at the end but the fact that, thinking about it, Giorno wasn't as centered in the series as much as those before. Granted, I'm okay with that from Part 3 and 4 and even that of 6, but he seemed really out of place and static-ish to me. That's how I really saw it there of him compared to the others.

Best one, I'd say 4 and/or 7. 4 was good with slice of life and how it was really just centered around the town Josuke and co live in. Not anywhere else but there. 7 was great in how Stands were used from then on there. Spin was an interesting concept I liked but kinda disappointed that it never got used against in Part 8 just like how Hamon was never used ever again after 3. Though in the original, it makes sense with how stands were becoming more common. Spin, that one looked to be just as good to have but it seemed really rare to use also like Hamon.

That and I like the horse racing and the GREATO PRESIDENT that is Valentine~

Personally I think Joseph is the best Joestar from what I've seen of Giorno, Jolyne, Johnny, and Gappy, although I have only a surface level understanding of the later protagonists after Josuke, so I could be objectively wrong.

Is there a Stand in the series that takes away peoples facial expressions?

Gotta be one OP stand to do that without others knowing lol

Back