• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo Slight Speed Downgrade (Or Question)

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Why are Joesph and Kars rated "Hypersonic with Massively FTL reactions"? Their respective calcs are FTL and FTL-FTL+ (And even then, people had doubts due to the depth in the latter). Maybe the explanations / links are outdated?

Unless I'm mistaken, I recall a CRT quite a while ago where it was decided that young Joseph should be as fast or faster than his older self and then obviously Kars scales as well, but the reasoning was never updated accordingly.

It's off of some weird scaling chain with Silver Chariot, whose MFTL from a calc of a feat of it reacting/intercepting Hanging Ma.

IDK how or why they're MFTL but I assume it has to do with DIO, whose a vampire and was able to react to Hierophant Green's attack...and somehow that's also MFTL. Kars being a Pillarman is explained as his species being superior to any vampire and/or zombie, which includes Dio. Joseph is MFTL for being able to fight and keep up with Kars.

If that were the case, I'm not sure as to why they still have their calc'd feats if they're being scaled like that but IDK the case of this in full detail.

Because Joseph wasn't slower when he was younger, if anything, Part 3 Joseph (who's MFTL in reaction) is slower than he was in his youth.

Same goes for Kars, Kars>Peak Joseph>Old Joseph=MFTL.

Hell you could justify Ultimate Kars being MFTL on the basis that DIO is MFTL as well given Kars >>>> Dio.

The fact Kars and Joseph both have respective casual FTL feats in reaction to surprise attacks supports it. (Pretty sure Wham has one too).

Dio reacts to Star Platinum a few times (and in one case manages to stop time before a pissed Star Platinum can punch him in the face while he was already mid punch).

Star Platinum>Chariot in speed (Star Platinum is the fastest Stand in history up till Part 5).

Joseph also reacts to Chariot once. And HP is = HG, which while slower than SP, isnt so much slower he cant compete. Same with Magician's Red. All the Crusaders have multiple instances of reacting to each other and fightng Stands that can react to SP/Chariot. While slower, it isnt but an insane degree.

Dio and Joseph being MFTL simply backscales into Kars for being > Dio and Joseph for ironically being > Joseph (as well as being able to fight Pillar Men).

Ah, I forgot that one too. Though it doesn't say that on his page so I didn't remember. That would make DIO MFTL more consistent if it had that on there since it only mentions the HG feat and the scaling with Joseph but not with the SP part, and that was still before he took Joseph's blood to himself back to his prime or some such.

Right...

There's a shit to of examples of characters reacting to each other and the like or Stands dodging or blocking blows. Scaling isn't an issue, although him reacting to Star Platinum is a better example of being MFTL then him blocking Emerald Splash (ALthough deflecting Emerald Splash is a good example, given he percieved it in slow motion, reaction to Star Platinum is more explicit).

Although I suppose wording can be done a bit better, I'll spruce it up in a bit to make it more clear if nobody has any qualms with that.

Well now I have a different question, why isn't Part 1 bois scaled to DIO then? We know Dio > DIO

That's been brought up a few times, I was thinking on making a CRT on that as well (For Post Deep Pass Jonathan and Dio, nobody else would scale).

It's on the to-do list, probably do it after the Rohan thread and OVA thread (both which are basically done). I'll link ya it if ya want when I make it.

Although while true Dio > DIO, it's only by a negligible amount (It aint wrong but it's overblown by quite a bit, we're given an idea by how much by Dio himself anyway).

The Part 1 chars not being scaled to DIO does pose a question. DK if it will be enough for a CRT but I can see it being a possible topic/matter to take on and resolve.

Part 1 characters aint really the right term, the only characters that would scale are Jonathan post deep pass and Dio himself. Nobody else is comparable to Dio except Jonathan, Dio even seemingly blitzes a few, hell Tarkus, who is much weaker than Dio blitzed Will (like kinda hardcore), who in turn gets blitzed by Deep Pass overdrive Jonathan, who's equal to Dio.

Nobody scales but himself and Jonathan, not even Dire or Straizo. I'd say Tarkus wouldve gotten an At least Hypersonic, but he's already listed that for blitzing Will, so nothing really changes.

But this aint topical, may as well save the specifics for the actual thread.

Back