• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo Pages Add-On (Haha jk it's a cleanup)

Hey there. Nothing too big of a deal here, but I've noticed that some Jojo pages don't have basic stand hax and stuff when they should and lack correct key formatting and such. This is mostly prominent as people bring up normal stand physiology hax in threads yet those characters can lack the hax on their pages. Would it be alright with everyone to add the appropriate things? Obviously this wouldn't apply to some characters in terms of stand hax, but they still need a little fixing up.

Example

Example

Example

Example

Example

Example

Example

Example

Stands also need some resistances as well, like I am pretty sure Kira cannot use his transmutation directly on stands and Pucci cannot extract souls from them either

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I am pretty sure Kira cannot use his transmutation directly on stands and Pucci cannot extract souls from them either
This is a headcanon, what would be the evidence proving it?

Killer Queen directly touched Crazy Diamond during Kira and Josuke's first fist fight, and yet he did not use his transmutation, and only attempted to use it when reaching for Josuke himself. Josuke was also willing to enter into a close combat confrontation with Kira, despite having knowledge of his ability. Pucci is seen in direct contact with Stone Free's constructs and Stone Free's stand body, and yet did not extract a disk from it. MInd you, this was during a fight were he repeatedy attempted to extract Jolyne's soul.

I don't understand what this revision is about. Add what to profiles?

If you mean things like "intangibility" and "incorporeality" well not all stands have those. I can explain why if you give me a specific example.

Stuff like Love Deluxe and all that ofc are not gonna be invisible and incorporeal btw. I am referring to the usual humanoid-non armor stands. And regardless all stands need non-physical interaction to some extent.

A character not using an ability on another =/= resistance.

It's also possible that KQ just can't transmute non-corporeal stuff instead of resistance.

Examples I agree with:

- Koichi, Ungalo, Narancia, Sale

Examples I disagree with:

- Carne (he assimilates with real world physical material meaning his mass should be the same, also seen attacking and defending himself against the fishermen who were very clearly looking at him)

- Angelo (his stand is again made out of real world physical material. The invisible spirit energy that we call a stand is controlling real world material aka water)

I'm not sure about any Jojolion stands or characters.

@Iap

In the last fistfight between Kira and Josuke, Hayato remarks how Josuke needs to stay constantly concentrated because Kira can end the fight with a single hit if he manages to hit CD with the point of his finger. And you can see that Crazy Diamond tries to hit KQ on wrists and arms but never his hand.

HierophantDeluxe said:
Sixo Bullets said:
KQ turns the soul into a bomb so no that's not a possibility.
No he doesn't. Just because the soul blows up as a result of the body blowing up doesn't mean he can touch the soul directly.
Yes it does. If the soul is apart of the bomb that means he literally has to touch it.

I agree with Saikou and TP on not adding any resistance from that. For Pucci's case, this is a very situational thing, the disks Whitesnake steals come from the head or near it, Pucci not stealing Jolyne's disk from her threads (which in turn have who knows what properties) means little.

HierophantDeluxe said:
No he doesn't. Just because the soul blows up as a result of the body blowing up doesn't mean he can touch the soul directly.
I honestly just thought that when Shigechi and Rohan's soul were shown to get "blown up", it was simply a reflection of their death that lasted in their soul, just like the girl that was killed by Kira in his teens (can't remember her name) and her dog still had their injury in their ghost after their death, as well as Kira did when he realized he got ran over by an ambulance.

And if Kira had soul destruction, wouldn't you have to give him everyone who tanks the explosion in some way resistance to Soul manipulation? Which is... Odd.

Also, Kira tried to touch directly Crazy Diamond with the palm of Killer Queen's hands during the battle against Josuke.

"Josuke's ability is greater."

"B-but if Kira touches him, he'll be turned into a bomb!"

No mention of Kira being able to turn Crazy Diamond into a bomb, nor has he done so to any stand despite it being very convinent for him to do so.

TriforcePower1 said:
@Iap
In the last fistfight between Kira and Josuke, Hayato remarks how Josuke needs to stay constantly concentrated because Kira can end the fight with a single hit if he manages to hit CD with the point of his finger. And you can see that Crazy Diamond tries to hit KQ on wrists and arms but never his hand.
I looked into it more. Him making contact with CD is only in the anime, in the manga, CD makes a much more clear effort to avoid being directly touched by the hands of KC. I still stand by the soul thing tho

Saikou The Lewd King said:
A character not using an ability on another =/= resistance.
It's also possible that KQ just can't transmute non-corporeal stuff instead of resistance.
A character repeatedly attempting to use the ability on someone, but then said ability not being activated on someone despite the conditions for the usage of the ability being fulfilled repeatedly, very likely is resistance

Eficiente said:
I agree with Saikou and TP on not adding any resistance from that. For Pucci's case, this is a very situational thing, the disks Whitesnake steals come from the head or near it, Pucci not stealing Jolyne's disk from her threads (which in turn have who knows what properties) means little.
Let me remind you that when Black Sabbath attempted to extract souls from people, he just force summoned their stand instead. Pucci usually pulls from the head, but it has been seen that he can pull disks out of other parts of the body as well

Back