• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up, let's see why the thread just doubled 🗿
The proposal has general agreements, we're just discussing the tiering. Currently, I think "3-A to Low 2-C Environmental Destruction via Bites the Dust" would work but others have suggested "At least High 3-A" instead.

Reactions: Sus
It stopped being this since the tiering system revisions a couple of years back.

Anyway, agree with it being Environmental Destruction but I'm not sure what tier it should be listed as. Even an hour of the timeline contains uncountably infinite snapshots of the 3-dimensional universe but at the same time, it's only an hour and not the full timeline being destroyed.

Perhaps "At least 3-A, likely far higher Environmental Destruction"?
Shrug, as said I'm fine with whatever it falls under. If that's what it is, that's what I'm ok with.
seems agreeable, although the remarks at the end were quite offensive, I do agree with high 3-A
I'm just teasing you lad, though the first thing you brought up was GER so I wasn't even wrong
If you don't like it I'll snip it out, was just joking with ya.
Time isn't space and doesn't have size so this ain't AP just time manipulation
Time and Space in Jojo are very closely connected, King Crimson for example deletes time and when he does he effects space as well, but I'm not really arguing that though. I'm just saying 3rd Bomb go boom, time goes with it, ergo it's ED.

Last edited:
Naah thats 3A not even high 3A one of my favorites recreated entire present and future of a timeline but he was 3A for not being able to affect the past.
Whataboutisms aren't really an argument for or against a tier. What context other verses have isn't relevant here.

Naah thats 3A not even high 3A one of my favorites recreated entire present and future of a timeline but he was 3A for not being able to affect the past.
Bites the Dust does effect the past, it blows up everything from the 1 hour ago to the present
Also I legit don't care what other verses do no offense, I only care about indexing stuff that checks out
The proposal has general agreements, we're just discussing the tiering. Currently, I think "3-A to Low 2-C Environmental Destruction via Bites the Dust" would work but others have suggested "At least High 3-A" instead.
Yeah, well, whatever it is I'm fine with it.

NVM but Low 2-C asks for destruction or creation of entire past present and future. 3A itself is a broad tier.
And Low 2-C is also equivalent to uncountably infinite 3-dimensional structures being destroyed. Which is what happens when a chunk of the timeline is destroyed.

Hence why I suggested "3-A to Low 2-C" to account for the discrepancy.

And Low 2-C is also equivalent to uncountably infinite 3-dimensional structures being destroyed. Which is what happens when a chunk of the timeline is destroyed
That's High 3A. my bad.
Low 2-C accounts for QUALITATIVELY even larger
Characters who are capable of significantly affecting[1], creating and/or destroying an area of space that is qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums (the entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) of a universal scale. However, it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

A) Equivalent to a large extra dimensional space. That is, a higher-dimensional "bulk" space which embeds lower-dimensional ones (Such as our universe) as subsets of itself, whose dimensions are not microscopic / compactified.

B) Portrayed as completely transcending lower-dimensional objects and spaces in the setting of a given work of fiction.

Infinite snapshots of a universe over 1 hour is High 3A.I don't know how we can account for an Atleast if going by the logic that High 3A is an endless tier when not accounting for entire past present or future.

Infinite snapshots of a universe over 1 hour is High 3A.I don't know how we can account for an Atleast if going by the logic that High 3A is an endless tier when not accounting for entire past present or future.
Countably infinite would be High 3-A. These are uncountably infinite amounts of a lower dimensional structure, which is indeed equivalent to a large higher-dimensional structure. Why that isn't included at the Low 2-C definition is beyond me.

Countably infinite would be High 3-A. These are uncountably infinite amounts of a lower dimensional structure, which is indeed equivalent to a large higher-dimensional structure. Why that isn't included at the Low 2-C definition is beyond me.
Omfg you're right. Well a tier 2 revision is being planned.Low 2C for this issue. Now I guess Atleast High 3-A(according to standards) or Low 2-C personally is fine to me.

So the question is how do we downscale GER to 8-B now
cyberpunk-cyberpunk-anime-david-cyberpunk-edgerunners-tears-gif-26728517.gif

This would also mean that destroying 1 sec in time is Low 2-C, in fact destroying 1/100000000000 of a sec will be low 2-C as arguably we can still get uncountable infinite from that..
But that's complicating things unnecessarily, which is why unless you destroy the entire timeline you will still be rated as High 3-A

High 3A exists for this reason and High 2B doesn't exists for the same reason. Low 2-C a no no according to current standards. High 3A is fine.

And Low 2-C is also equivalent to uncountably infinite 3-dimensional structures being destroyed. Which is what happens when a chunk of the timeline is destroyed.

Hence why I suggested "3-A to Low 2-C" to account for the discrepancy.
I agree with planck.

That shouldn't be Low 2-C, since if we counted destroying the entire space time continuum then it'd be low 2-C

It's just unquantifiably above High 3-A

That shouldn't be Low 2-C, since if we counted destroying the entire space time continuum then it'd be low 2-C

It's just unquantifiably above High 3-A
Huh? Since when do you need to destroy a whole 4D universe to be low 2-C, alone effecting space-time is enough for low 2-C

Only issue with that is whatever this truly counts as uncountably infinite which is never stated nor implied.

Not to mention this still depends on the cosmology aspect as well.

Huh? Since when do you need to destroy a whole 4D universe to be low 2-C, alone effecting space-time is enough for low 2-C
You need to affect the entire timeline itself to scale to Low 2-C.

But they're not affecting every last second of it here. They're only affecting one specific hour amongst trillions and trillions of years (possibly even more) within one universe.

Only issue with that is whatever this truly counts as uncountably infinite which is never stated nor implied.

Not to mention this still depends on the cosmology aspect as well.
Any length of time can be subdivided into uncountably infinite periods, similar to any two real numbers having that many other real numbers between them. It's not something that needs to be stated when it's a basic part of how time as a continuous measure works.

But they're not affecting every last second of it here. They're only affecting one specific hour amongst trillions and trillions of years (possibly even more) within one universe.

Oh so not even timeframes within a timeline are considered low 2-C

Any length of time can be subdivided into uncountably infinite periods, similar to any two real numbers having that many other real numbers between them. It's not something that needs to be stated when it's a basic part of how time as a continuous measure works.
And why this doesn’t apply to countably infinite period as well since it technically only affect a part of the timeline anyway since it going back into the past by the hour mark as well.

And why this doesn’t apply to countably infinite period as well since it technically only affect a part of the timeline anyway since it going back into the past by the hour mark as well.
I have no idea what this even means. What's a "countably infinite period"?

Alright agreed. Then low 2-C should not be shown in his profile.

Honestly, I feel that we're splitting hairs over this, since we all agree with what's happening (1 hour's worth of uncountably infinite snapshots of the universe are destroyed).

"At least High 3-A, likely far higher" (Explanation here) should work I think.

Honestly, I feel that we're splitting hairs over this, since we all agree with what's happening (1 hour's worth of uncountably infinite snapshots of the universe are destroyed).

"At least High 3-A, likely far higher" (Explanation here) should work I think.
Damn, yes. I asked my friends, and they said it is not applicable under our current standards, so ya. Low 2-C should not be included.

I have no idea what this even means. What's a "countably infinite period"?
It is exactly what it means. The stated timeframe is explicitly stated to being 1 hour back into the past where a portion of time is being affected for a specific timeframe.

Then again, that is how I see it.

It is not truly affecting the past completely, but rather specifically targeting a specific timeframe for BTD already been in use to revert the events back to 1 hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back