• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going off what RTZ used to be rated.
A whole timeline is low 2-C, no time is 3-A, so they went with any not infinite chunk of time is High 3-A.

But honestly i do not know, 3-A, High 3-A, low 2-C, whatever it falls under, I don't really care what funny big number it gets listed as.
That's because each moment in time has an infinite amount of snapshots of that particular moment. Thus, to destroy even a second of time itself, it would require an uncalculable amount of energy, past 3-dimensional concepts of infinity.

To be honest I still think this low 2-C

Saying “the tiering system says otherwise” is kinda wrong because it merely gave common examples. It doesn’t mean that this isn’t an example, it’s just an uncommon one.

To be honest I still think this low 2-C

Saying “the tiering system says otherwise” is kinda wrong because it merely gave common examples. It doesn’t mean that this isn’t an example, it’s just an uncommon one.
The dimension of time is infinitely larger than just 1 hour, it's not quite Low 2-C, being unreasonably below baseline.

High 3a : "being infinitely stronger than this level unless uncountably so, only account for higher level of this tier".

This demand of destroying uncountably infinite amount of high 3a structure, can be fullfilled by destroying a timeline along any amount of finite time axis greater than 0, you don't have to destroy entire timeline for that, so yes.

Last edited:
Through which translator did you translate the Japanese text? I translated all the texts into three different translators and parsed them into kanji, nowhere was it said that he blows up time.

Through which translator did you translate the Japanese text? I translated all the texts into three different translators and parsed them into kanji, nowhere was it said that he blows up time.
Mhm, mind showing us the results?

In order not to take up much space, I will show the Google Translate translation of the first three images (other translators translated in much the same way, nowhere was it said about the explosion of time):
1) In addition to automatically blowing up a hand that asks Kira a question, Hayato also informs the other party of Kira's words and sentences. It jumped into people's eyes with a stand that also let them know about it, and it blew up itself together with the opponent for about an hour before returning to Kira and being blown away by the stand. Even Kira himself doesn't know what happened during the time he was blown away.
2) With Killer Queen's final ability, she blasts Kira's probe into the target and blows away time at the same time. However, it can be activated if Kira cannot be extremely cornered, and the main story cannot be extremely cornered.
3) Killer Queen's third Stand that haunts others. When asked about his main body, he automatically detonates his opponent, but the re-stand continues as long as he doesn't. In addition, it activates the true ability of "Blows away the limited rest, rest, rest, effect that lasts for 1 hour," which can also be used.

Uh, lad, it literally uses the kanji for for blow away, I'd suggest you check again.

1) In addition to automatically blowing up a hand that asks Kira a question, Hayato also informs the other party of Kira's words and sentences. It jumped into people's eyes with a stand that also let them know about it, and it blew up itself together with the opponent for about an hour before returning to Kira and being blown away by the stand. Even Kira himself doesn't know what happened during the time he was blown away.
2) With Killer Queen's final ability, she blasts Kira's probe into the target and blows away time at the same time. However, it can be activated if Kira cannot be extremely cornered, and the main story cannot be extremely cornered.
3) Killer Queen's third Stand that haunts others. When asked about his main body, he automatically detonates his opponent, but the re-stand continues as long as he doesn't. In addition, it activates the true ability of "Blows away the limited rest, rest, rest, effect that lasts for 1 hour," which can also be used.
Jesus christ these are bad, this is why you don't dump shit into a machine translator all at once.
"It blows up itself" (No it doesn't? If it did it'd be ******* dead).
"Even Kira himself doesn't know what happened during the time he was blown away." (Kira doesn't get blown away? He isn't even apart of the interaction).
"she blasts Kira's probe into the target and blows away time at the same time. " (It's a he, and ironic, it says what you're saying it doesn't say).
"Blows away the limited rest, rest, rest, effect that lasts for 1 hour," (This one should have been a red flag how awful the translations you got were, this isn't even eligible).

This is actual trash.

Worst part is one of your bad translations actually says it too anyway " probe into the target and blows away time at the same time.".

It isn't rude, it's saying the very, very, bad translations he claimed as a debunk are trash, which they are.
I ain't insulting him or anything of the sort, but I'm going to call out the awful machine translations if proposed, there's no real way around it, they're actually garbage, nothing against him but good God, anything else would be sugarcoating.

In fairness, they are, plus it’s not like it’s an insult towards the guy, just google translate
That ain't even google translate, I passed them through 7 different translators, that included, went through the kanji word by word using jisho and some other dictionary, and then tossed it at a friend who knows the language fairly well just to make sure it checked out.
What he got isn't what google gives so idk what app he used

Jesus christ these are bad, this is why you don't dump shit into a machine translator all at once.
"It blows up itself" (No it doesn't? If it did it'd be ******* dead).
"Even Kira himself doesn't know what happened during the time he was blown away." (Kira doesn't get blown away? He isn't even apart of the interaction).
"she blasts Kira's probe into the target and blows away time at the same time. " (It's a he, and ironic, it says what you're saying it doesn't say).
"Blows away the limited rest, rest, rest, effect that lasts for 1 hour," (This one should have been a red flag how awful the translations you got were, this isn't even eligible).

This is actual trash.

Worst part is one of your bad translations actually says it too anyway " probe into the target and blows away time at the same time.".
I sent a version of one of the worst translators. The bottom line was that each of them translates the text as "blow off", not "explode". And here is the kanji analysis: 吹き飛ばし - 2nd base from:
ふきとばす
吹き飛ばす
blow away (wind); blow away (wind)

It isn't rude, it's saying the very, very, bad translations he claimed as a debunk are trash, which they are.
I ain't insulting him or anything of the sort, but I'm going to call out the awful machine translations if proposed, there's no real way around it, they're actually garbage, nothing against him but good God, anything else would be sugarcoating.
Please note that with my translations I did not try to refute any information from your thread, so they cannot be called a refutation. I just wanted to clarify the translation for Japanese images. You yourself have seen what translation options are obtained through conventional machine translators. But in this case, even the analysis of kanji did not give a translation with an explosion of time (again, I clarify that this is not an attempt to refute)

That ain't even google translate, I passed them through 7 different translators, that included, went through the kanji word by word using jisho and some other dictionary, and then tossed it at a friend who knows the language fairly well just to make sure it checked out.
What he got isn't what google gives so idk what app he used
Perhaps because I am a resident of the CIS countries, my version of the translator is "lame" and does not translate as it should. But all translations provided by me have been translated using Google Translate

In case anyone is wondering, the reason it hasn't been updated is because I was working on Kira's profile as a whole, nearly finished, broke my hand, and I ain't ******* with fandom's source code on mobile longer than like 5 minutes. My hand is almost at at a sufficient point to finish tho.
I sent a version of one of the worst translators. The bottom line was that each of them translates the text as "blow off", not "explode". And here is the kanji analysis: 吹き飛ばし - 2nd base from:
ふきとばす
吹き飛ばす
blow away (wind); blow away (wind)
Uh, yeah? It "blows away" time, in the same way it blows away the victims.
" a Stand that automatically blows up those who search for Kira and simultaneously blows away time"
As it says itself? Which, by the way, this is what it means when it says blow away/blows up/etc.
bites-za-dusto-jojo-killer-queen-jojo.gif

Blow away, as in blow the **** up. That the things whole schtick, this included. Btw that gif is a victim being "blown away" (right before BTD procs).

I hope to God you're not here arguing about something that was not only explained in the OP, but is extremely obvious by just having the most basic knowledge on the topic at hand, I don't mean that to offend but... You know what we're talking about right?
Please note that with my translations I did not try to refute any information from your thread, so they cannot be called a refutation. I just wanted to clarify the translation for Japanese images. You yourself have seen what translation options are obtained through conventional machine translators. But in this case, even the analysis of kanji did not give a translation with an explosion of time (again, I clarify that this is not an attempt to refute)
Then what are you even posting for? None of the translations in the OP even use the word "explode", they all say blow away or some equivalent of it.
The reason why it's being treated as explode/explosion, because in context, "blow away" is being done via explosion, which is what it means by blow away, again.
Perhaps because I am a resident of the CIS countries, my version of the translator is "lame" and does not translate as it should. But all translations provided by me have been translated using Google Translate
Please do not seriously try and post google translations in this thread, or any thread from now please. Just for future reference, usually google translate is heralded as being very bad and generally wouldn't get accepted unless it somehow, ends up being accurate (which is very rare).

Last edited:
In case anyone is wondering, the reason it hasn't been updated is because I was working on Kira's profile as a whole, nearly finished, broke my hand, and I ain't ******* with fandom's source code on mobile longer than like 5 minutes. My hand is almost at at a sufficient point to finish tho.

Uh, yeah? It "blows away" time, in the same way it blows away the victims.
" a Stand that automatically blows up those who search for Kira and simultaneously blows away time"
As it says itself? Which, by the way, this is what it means when it says blow away/blows up/etc.
bites-za-dusto-jojo-killer-queen-jojo.gif

Blow away, as in blow the **** up. That the things whole schtick, this included. Btw that gif is a victim being "blown away" (right before BTD procs).

I hope to God you're not here arguing about something that was not only explained in the OP, but is extremely obvious by just having the most basic knowledge on the topic at hand, I don't mean that to offend but... You know what we're talking about right?

Then what are you even posting for? None of the translations in the OP even use the word "explode", they all say blow away or some equivalent of it.
The reason why it's being treated as explode/explosion, because in context, "blow away" is being done via explosion, which is what it means by blow away, again.

Please do not seriously try and post google translations in this thread, or any thread from now please. Just for future reference, usually google translate is heralded as being very bad and generally wouldn't get accepted unless it somehow, ends up being accurate (which is very rare).
Still, I do not like this version of the translation, when "blow off" = "explode". But even so, I want to hear your opinion on the information from JoJoveller, which says that time is rewinded, and not blown away or exploded.
吉良を探る者を爆破し時を戻す

Here is an image from JoJoveller ->

Sorry my Imgur is not working

This is what it says, to blow away, to blow off, or to blow up. That's the exact kanji used. We could use literally any one of those, and the meaning would be the same given the context.
This is what it says, it says it because it blows away time, those exact wording is also used time and time again when talking about how Kira blows up his victims as well, of course, it can even sometimes be so drastic it says obliterate, but that doesn't change my point.
It says it 3 times at three different, in both the MANGA ITSELF, the following guide, and then a rerelease Jump Remix, all released continuously over a full decade, it's evidently the intent behind what's happening.

You are arguing quite literally nothing, none of the translations given in the OP say "explode", they say what it actually says, blow away or blow up, because, well, that's what it says? And what does it mean when they say that? It means to blow the **** up.

Still, I do not like this version of the translation, when "blow off" = "explode". But even so, I want to hear your opinion on the information from JoJoveller, which says that time is rewinded, and not blown away or exploded.
吉良を探る者を爆破し時を戻す

Here is an image from JoJoveller ->

Sorry my Imgur is not working

What the actual **** are you talking about? None of the translations in the OP even uses the word explode, stop complaining about something that doesn't exist. And no, "blown off", "blown away", "blow up", do, in fact, mean explode with the right context, such as when talking about an explosion manipulator with it specified that what's happening to time is the same thing that happens to his victims, which explode and get "blown away".
It doesn't matter what you like if what you like is flat out wrong.

The scan you linked doesn't even say rewind? The word used has like ten different meanings, from to return, to restore to a previous state, and more? Which, honestly, is where I'm assuming the misconception it rewound time originated from as an eng dude trying to translate a japanese manga and seeing a ability that sends the host back in time and a word that might come off as rewind, would get one to think it is time rewind and the fact it blows away time isn't revealed till the end of the arc.
Literally all the word means is it go back to a previous state essentially with like 10 different variants on the exact word equivalent in english because in Japanese it doesn't have one, yeah rewind is one of them, but it ain't the default and it sure as hell ain't the case here when return is the far more commonly used word in the context of this situation with rewind only having ever been used in english translations of things erroneously and in some cases, the raws don't even leave room for interpretation and use wacky kanji that has no such double meanings.
As I said in the OP, again, for the third time. I could nitpick every time the word was used, but I have literally already done so and I have like a dozen people who can attest to that.

And funny thing is, it could say whatever the **** it wants, ignoring vel can be dubious, it doesn't over ride the source material and corroborating material that explain why it goes back in time, that being "hey it blows up", even though you're kinda flat out ignoring the "why" it sends them back in time, which is what this thread explains. But no, the vel scan doesn't contradict anything.

It was applied back in like, november?

It was? lol, dumb me
Yeah, I did a Kira overhaul and it was added in a dedicated CRT for the profile itself back in November. This thread was just to get the general opinion for BTD as I was doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back