• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Adjacent CRT (8-A! Hypersonic! Class M! Rat? No monkey tho...)

Chariot190

Day 132 of working on MGS
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Bronze Supporter
Overhaul for JoJo Part 2.5 (aka Parasyte the Maxim but not really), aka it's Baoh, which is, in fact, JoJo adjacent (my dude is even in JoJo ASB).
Anyway I tried to cook, but there wasn't much to work with (2 volumes), with one dude literally only being in 1 chapter minus like a cameo (hence no references for him, like what, am I just gonna cite the same chapter 50 times? And a lot of repeated links because all that info is dropped in like the same 3 scenes), but hey, he has funny hax 😔

Old and moderately stinky but not as stinky as it used to be profile.
Epic and cool new profile.

Anyway, notable changes.
  • Baseline 9-B > 9-A+ (Has a funny KE feat, which normally I wouldn't use even if half of you would, but the manga actively acknowledges acceleration and force in that very instant, and unironically the whole reason why he didn't just dodge in the first place (some chick was behind him, if he dodged, she'd have been hit, and he couldn't move her as the force and acceleration at that velocity, well her body wouldn't be capable of taking it, so he uses the bike to intercept the bullet instead. Has 3-4 supporting 9-A feats as well, and high-end 9-B did nothing to him in a much weaker form that he's well above one-shotting, and he upscales the **** outta low 9-A too).
  • Class idk it's bad > M (Same bike feat as above, turns out benching shit at mach velocity is cool. Luckily has supporting Class K feats in a weaker form to corroborate it and even upscales above a dude with Class K feats).
  • Baseline Supersonic > At least Hypersonic+ (Bullet feat that's like Mach 9-10+ while low-ended, on Day 5 no less, he also has another bullet feat that's likely decent if someone wants to calc that, I was gonna but lmao distances).
  • A bunch of abilities like Acel Dev bordering on RE/RPL, Multiple Selves (obviously), Stealth, and more (I was gonna add immense pain tolerance, because holy **** does he ever, but iirc the standards on that are inconsistent as ****, if we want that tho I can add it).
  • Fleshed out stamina, ranges, and other shit.
  • Removed 9-B Ikuro, he's 10-A (in ch2 it's explicitly noted he was taken over by Baoh on the train, ergo, that 9-B (and probably Class K) train feat is for Baoh on awakening, not Ikuro, so he drops to 10-A).
  • Walken profile (not much to work with, plz understand, also he's got an 8-A feat :)).
He's funny HF hax man with a funny passive and AP that Plat wishes he had (Like city block shit).

• Sumire profile (Just to slip into Baoh's optional equipment ngl, more of an accessory).

Latter two I cooked up within like, idk but it hasn't been long, they might not be up to the standards that I'd like, but shrug, maybe do a bit of cleanup later. Might be some typos, obviously will fix before publishing.

Low quality crt plz understand, mgs out soon (not 4, it'll never be free from ps3 jail) :cool:(y)

Damn, I got hyped from the discussion thread for nothing smh

Looks good; great job, as usual!

Damn, I got hyped from the discussion thread for nothing smh

Looks good; great job, as usual!
If you can't love me at my Baohest, you don't deserve me at my part 3est, or whatever :mad:
im doing a part 3 one too, it's still cooking tho. It's mostly just Jotaro that needs finishing up, Avdol has been done for a long while.

Where's the 7-C Chariot

:)
3979PpA.png

Right here :)

Talkin' about Baoh
justify sumire not being atomically obliterated ten fucktillion times over and we can say Walken aimed at Baoh and not just the ground beneath him to drop him into the cavern for the sake of a one liner
if she wasnt there we would be scaling Baoh to that feat

I want you to know that I hate you

But this is good
i wanted a monkey profile too dude but i couldnt fit in the time to render an image before mgs dropped in 2 hours, 58 minutes and uh, 29 seconds.

Same author, JoJo takes a fuckton from it (JoJo's whole thematic narrative taken from Baoh, as confirmed by Araki himself), Kars is explicitly based on him, and he's featured in the JoJo fighting game ASB, and Jotaro, Rohan, and Joseph all **** with his manga in the anime. I'd also wager the whole inception of Stands stems from his depiction and opinion of Walken in particular, as it's been noted that he wanted to covey psychic abilities with a physical form instead of just ooooh mind magic.
Baoh_asb_1.gif

it's just a jojo-adjacent media, not exactly the same canon, unless they suddenly decide to cook

Basically.
It's short, like 359 pages total, just don't read a shitty translation (Viz one sucks holy ****).

There's also a 40m OVA by the studio that does Bleach from the 80s, animated very well but it's gutted compared to the already short manga. I'd recommend it though anyway just because it looks cool at points.

Same author, JoJo takes a fuckton from it (JoJo's whole thematic narrative taken from Baoh, as confirmed by Araki himself), Kars is explicitly based on him, and he's featured in the JoJo fighting game ASB, and Jotaro, Rohan, and Joseph all **** with his manga in the anime. I'd also wager the whole inception of Stands stems from his depiction and opinion of Walken in particular, as it's been noted that he wanted to covey psychic abilities with a physical form instead of just ooooh mind magic.
Baoh_asb_1.gif

it's just a jojo-adjacent media, not exactly the same canon, unless they suddenly decide to cook
I do hope Araki returns to it, maybe for an anniversary. Maybe a spin off made by a different author like Old Man B.T

He explicitly said he wouldn't back in like 99 or around that (when he basically said jojo inherited the themes of baoh in that it's an ode to humanity).
He liked the way it ended, a bit tragic but the main heroine having hope for the future. And tbh yeah, they do have a bit of loose ends like with the government and Baoh can definitely get way more powers and shit unlocked (just take some random animal ability then roid it the **** out there done, new armed phenomena, like give him ******* webs or poison, some stretchy stuff, whatever the **** waterbears have, etc, maybe add robots or some shit due to the 8y time skip there would obviously be and the fact we already got cyborgs so they'd eventually get the tech), but the ending overall was kinda solid.

Best we get is some new art once in awhile or cameos of him.

because the bump feature is a scam and just ******* reposts the last post made

48h waiting time was a mistake 🫠

Back