• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot190

Day 132 of working on MGS
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Bronze Supporter
Bites the Dust doesn't rewind time, it blows it the **** up. Thread looks messy because I wrote this up in a few minutes, wasn't planned.
It's important we establish this first, guides are merely supplementary, and don't supersede the source material, and if contradicted, they're useless, and I was thinking that might be the case here, because this is kind of huge, till I started actually looking into and well, between 50 machine translations, checking out some dictionaries (Here's one you can use), and even double checking with some lads who speak the language properly...
  • 1. Stated in BTD's first guide debut, Killer Queen's 3rd bomb BTD not only blows up its victim, but time as well.​

吉良 に関する こと を 質問 し て き た 相 手 を 自動的 に 爆破 する ほか 、 早人 が 言 葉 や 文章 など で 吉良 の こと を 相手 に 知 ら せ て も 作動 する 。 スタンド の ヴィジ ョ ン を 見 た ものの 瞳 の 中 に 飛び込み 、 相手 と 一緒 に 時間 そのもの も 1 時間 程 度 吹き飛ばし て 吉良 の もと へ と 戻っ て くる スタンド で 、 吹き飛ばさ れ た 時間 に 何 が 起き た の か 、 何 度 吹き飛ばし て き た の か は 吉良 本人 に も わから ない 。
In addition to automatically blowing up opponents who ask him questions about Kira, Hayato also activates it if he lets them now about Kira through words or written sentences. This Stand dives into the eyes of anyone who sees the vision of the Stand, blowing up the time itself alongside the opponent for about 1 hour, before returning to Kira's side.

• 2. Stated twice in that guide when Araki is talking about his favorite Stands and what not. BTD blows up not only the victims, but time itself, hence why it goes back an hour, that hour of time itself was destroyed.

キラークイーンの最終能力で、吉良を探る者を自動的に爆破し、時間も同時に吹き飛ばしてしまうスタンドだ。 ただし、吉良が精神的に極度に追いつめられないと発動せず、本編でも早人に対して1回しか仕掛けられなかった。
Killer Queen's Final Ability, a Stand that automatically blows up those who search for Kira and simultaneously blows away time. However, it will not activate unless Kira is driven into a corner mentally to the extreme, and even in the main story, he only managed to set it on Hayato once.

• 3. In Shueisha Jump Remix, origin of Stands. In Killer Queen's column, it states BTD's true ability is the ability to blow away time as well, for at least 3 different sources, all some time apart at that, over the course of about a decade.

キラークイーン第3の爆弾で、他人にとりつくスタンドだ。 本体・吉良吉影に関する質問をした相手を自動的に爆破、吉良が解除しない限リスタンド効果は続く。 また、本体が追い詰められると「時間を1時間だけ吹き飛ばす」という真の能力を発動させる。
It is the third bomb of Killer Queen, a Stand that attaches itself to others. It automatically blows up anyone who asks questions about the main body, Yoshikage Kira, and the effect of the Stand will continue unless Kira deactivates it. When the main body is cornered, it activates its true ability to 「Blow up/away time for 1 hour」.

• 4. These bits of info are not contradicted, in the manga they never say anything like rewind time, they say BTD returns them back an hour, they even say it resets back an hour, but they don't say rewind and they don't say anything that contradicts this, in fact they way most things are worded implicates this.

• 5. The manga actually corroborates this, ignoring Killer Queen's main ability, gimmick and whole premise is blowing things away, thus it blowing away time actually fits with it, in the manga they say such things as "He erases time".
Paraphrasing these but the scans right there, you can check yourself.
"Only my identity is gone, and time/things/etc will progress just like they once did" (Other translation have him say a thing I'll add later, don't worry about it but it's even more useful).
Here he's saying the fact that his identity was found out had been deleted, and the timeline will continue just like it did in the previous time, but without the fact it was ever revealed, and then like two pages later he says this.
"Even the fact you met Rohan has been erased, and the morning will continue on with its usual course"
Here's he's saying that even though he met Rohan in the previous BTD, after BTD activated and went back in time, the very fact he ever met Rohan had been erased, and everything will continue like it once did.
"Bites The Dust. A fate that once happened is guaranteed to happen" (As in it'll happen again when time progresses back there).
Basically, BTD in the context of the manga sends Hayato/Kira/etc back in time one hour through unknown methods. It's established that that events that happened did happen once, past tense, from the perspective of the characters. The events and actions taken in the previous iterations of time are referred to as being "erased". And they outline that time will resume it's progress, continue on, etc, and when they hit such a point where something happened once, it'll happen again as it's fated to no matter what, Various Fate lines, saying BTD forces a fate on things once destroyed to be destroyed/happen again.

Now, none of this implicates he blows up time directly, but it does make it clear it isn't basic time rewind, and when you factor in the extra information, it corroborates it without contradiction.
Effectively, what's being said is that the time where all the wacky stuff happens gets deleted, erased, whatever, and then Hayato returns back which we all know, then time just continues normally like it once did, except things that happened before in the deleted window of time will happen again no matter what once the timeline hits that point again because BTD's Fate dictates it must happen. For similar abilities, see King Crimson and Made in Heaven, a Stand that, coincidentally deletes time and everything in the world but him is fated to take the actions they would have taken in the span of deleted time, or Made In Heaven which loops and then resets the universe, making it that everything that happened in the original time will happen again no matter what in the new time line because it's fated to.
Basically BTD is an opposite King Crimson, instead of deleting time and the timeline jumps past the point of deleted time, BTD deletes a chunk of the timeline and then places it back right before the destroyed time. And because people asking, no, Killer Queen or the host isn't effected, much like how Diavolo isn't harmed by him deleting 10 seconds of time on a universal scale, when that happens in JoJo, things just stop working.
But anyway that's all just superfluous shit, you remember when I said the manga states that he erases time?
Yeah, well, in the raw it says It's a powerful ability that blows away time.
『バイツァ・ダスト』っていう時間をぶっ飛ばす「能力 」なんだツ!
metal-gear-damn.gif

It was there the whole time, buried, hidden from public eye, a conspiracy, information to powerful.
BTD blowing up time was never a guide a thing, it's always been the case.

With the context given. BTD blows up time for one hour, returning the host back in time by 1 hour. Every events and actions that happened within the hour of blown up time will be fated to happen again as it once did, with the exception of Kira's identity being revealed, once time progresses back to the times where such events happen they will happen again even if it should be impossible, like Rohan spontaneously exploding despite the fact he encountered Hayato having been erased. This repeats untill BTD is deactivated, or time progress past a hour, in which the events that happened outside the scope for that hour will be kept and won't be blown away by BTD blowing away time. Also if someone wants to give slightly more accurate translations that's fine as well, otherwise I'm just gonna hit up the lad later.

Thus, I propose we give BTD this
No I'm not fixing the source code.
'''Universe level+''' Environmental Destruction with Bites the Dust (Killer's Queen final bomb [ which blows away time]<ref name=“DIU171”>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 171</ref>; [ Blows up approximately one hour of time itself alongside its victims]<ref name=“JGBTD”>JoJo-A-Go!Go!: Section 61</ref><ref name=“JGFSBTD”>JoJo-A-Go!Go!: Araki's Favorite Stands</ref>)",

Alternatively Universal works (Might go with that to be safe), I don't know how we rate blowing up a chunk of the timeline but not all of it, seems like its between High 3-A and low 2-C but neither exactly.
I might flesh it out, and obviously the technique section will need to be overhauled explaining how exactly it works with all the needed scans, but I'll take of care that later, I'll make a Kira sandbox with all the sauce and do a quick CRT then, I just want this to get the ok for now so I can finish other stuff.

Why am I proposing Environmental Destruction and not something else? Because while it might be a hax ability, it is a hax ability that functions by literally using things like explosions and what not, he isn't magically deleting time, he's blowing it up. ("Blow away time" can also be translated as "blow up time", and might even be the more accurate translation given the context).
But it's also not combat applicable in the slightest, he can't hit a foe with this much energy or whatever, it's just a specific application of his explosion powers that he can activate when his mental state is pushed to the extreme. basically Time ED for the whole world.

This effects, absolutely nothing, nobody scales to it, it can't be used offensively, the way BTD is used and functions in action doesn't change with this info, this is basically just words on a profile that do nothing. It's just slapping ED on the profile because that's what it is and I give a shit more about indexing it properly than what other arbitrary stuff we have going on. There's other stuff I could add to this like how BTD is apart of the Range Irrelevant Time Based abilities that effect the whole world and time itself and more scans from the arc but you get the point, this is enough. Funny explosion cat uses explosions to blow up literally time itself, making that timeframe that was destroy cease existing, putting the whole world back an actual hour.

Anyway I didn't really plan on making this anytime soon but lads wanted me to so I halfed assed this quickly so we can get it out of the way so I can continue working on the major projects, as well as the range CRT I'll probably drop right after this finishes.
BITD_boom.gif
Agree: Chariot190 (Wow!), Dalesean, Armor, Arnoldstone18, Sus, Unknownnah, InfiniteDay, Ican'tthinkof1goodname, ZoroNotZolo, Dread (3-A Only), Guns, Wyatt (Ultimate), Ban, DRW001, Baken, Shey, godofice, Ziller, Greatsage, KingTempest, Planck, Emirp, Demifiend, (23)
Disagree:

Last edited:
I don't do feats of blowing up entire sections of time so uh...

Does reset the whole universe or just the victim?
Either way if it is the whole universe, one hour worth will be 3-A, unless you have proof it is infinite

How is this high 3-A again? I agree with 3-A but disagree with high 3-A

Does reset the whole universe or just the victim?
Either way if it is the whole universe, one hour worth will be 3-A, unless you have proof it is infinite
It resets everything back, the whole world, time itself, an hour of time just goes boom, suddenly the manga is back in time a hour because KQ went brrrr.
Not even Kira remembers what transpired in the the time that vanished, only fate itself does, and the person BTD is being hosted.

It's basically time travel via just getting rid of the timeframe.

How is this high 3-A again? I agree with 3-A but disagree with high 3-A
I'm going off what RTZ used to be rated.
A whole timeline is low 2-C, no time is 3-A, so they went with any not infinite chunk of time is High 3-A.

But honestly i do not know, 3-A, High 3-A, low 2-C, whatever it falls under, I don't really care what funny big number it gets listed as.

I'm going off what RTZ used to be rated.
A whole timeline is low 2-C, no time is 3-A, so they went with any not infinite chunk of time is High 3-A.

But honestly i do not know, 3-A, High 3-A, low 2-C, whatever it falls under, I don't really care what funny big number it gets listed as.
Is it stated that a timeline is infinite?

Is it stated that a timeline is infinite?
Don't know what you just said, but that's how the wiki treats low 2-C, you need to destroy the entire timeline, not just a chunk of it (BTD only blows up 1 hour of time, not all of it so i doubt it's low 2-C ED), for low 2-C if memory serves.
I'm not the best to ask on this, I don't quite know myself, which is why I'm fine with 3-A/H3/l2, whatever is most accurate.

Don't know what you just said, but that's how the wiki treats low 2-C, you need to destroy the entire timeline, not just a chunk of it, for low 2-C if memory serves.
I'm not the best to ask on this, I don't quite know myself, which is why I'm fine with 3-A/H3/l2, whatever is most accurate.
Ohhh. Alright then, I am good with low 2-C if it is really stated to be destroyed completely (should be compared to ours)

Reactions: Sus
Ohhh. Alright then, I am good with low 2-C if it is really stated to be destroyed completely (should be compared to ours)
It isn’t completely destroyed. It is going back in time a hour ago with explosion manipulation and other elaborated steps.

Last edited:
So it rewinds time by destroying that time period and destroys the victim?
It doesn't rewind time.
But simplified yeah. He blows up time alongside those who trigger the Stand's conditions. Due to the fate they were straight up murdered, they will be forced to die again when time gets back there, and because time is destroyed and blown up, they go back in time, because that timeframe they were in has been blown away and ceases being a thing, time must progress back there normally now.

It's basically time travel via blowing up the timeframe you want to return prior to.

It doesn't rewind time.
But simplified yeah. He blows up time alongside those who trigger the Stand's conditions. Due to the fate they were straight up murdered, they will be forced to die again when time gets back there, and because time is destroyed and blown up, they go back in time, because that timeframe they were in has been blown away and ceases being a thing, time must progress back there normally now.

It's basically time travel via blowing up the timeframe you want to return prior to.
I could see how this is 3-A or High 3-A since destroying an hour of snap shots throughout the cosmology right

I could see how this is 3-A or High 3-A since destroying an hour of snap shots throughout the cosmology right
Basically what I'm getting at yeah, he blows up a chunk of the timeline, not all of it, but an hour's worth in order to return back to a prior point in time. (It has a strict 1h limit though, if he blows up time at 8:30, and goes back to 7:30, and time progresses back to 8:30, and he uses BTD again at 8:40, he won't be able to blow up time to go back to 7:30, instead it'd be 7:40 now as ten minutes have progressed past his power's limit).

Last edited:
Basically what I'm getting at yeah, he blows up a chunk of the timeline, not all of it, but an hour's worth in order to return back to a prior point in time. (It has a strict 1h limit though, if he blows up time at 8:30, and goes back to 7:30, and time progresses back to 8:30, and he uses BTD again at 7:40, he won't be able to blow up time to go back to 7:30, instead it'd be 7:40 now as ten minutes have progressed past his power's limit).
I see

Does Killer Queen kill itself in the process
Obviously not, it's immune to its own ability (Kira isn't though, but he also can't use this ability on himself).
KQ also has, as odd as it sounds, selective explosion manip, but that's for an ability CRT along with a billion other things.

Anyway as I outlined above, this shit is ED only, and that's all it scales toward, I merely want it for indexing purposes and so I can finish the Range CRT. It's highly situational as well and he can't whip out unless backed into a corner and with a host (That's for the weakness section).

No?
That isn't how this works, it's a special bomb that specifically targets time (And those who know to much) on a universal scale, blowing it the **** out so he can go back in time while removing unsavory aspects he doesn't want to happen (like people finding out who he is) from having ever happened and nothing except the host remembers it because it no longer even exists.

If Kira could just pick and choose what BTD can boom, it wouldn't be ED, it'd be combat applicable AP. Would legit be the most haxed mf in JoJo if he could do that. It's the same way as how MIH accelerates time on a universal scale, but can't just go "I only want to accelerate one or two things".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back