• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku midoriya not has the resistance to mind manipulation

we all know that Shinzo's quirk with strong shock becomes canceled. the brainwashing effect requires the target to answer to take place, therefore, as long as the target remains silent, this Quirk will not have any effect on them. It is also possible to escape the mind control if the victim is hit by a sufficiently strong physical jolt or through a similar amount of pain.[4] Mashirao Ojiro was able to regain his senses by receiving a bump to the shoulder during the Cavalry Battle.
well, his resistance to mind control makes no sense.
Midoriya would have been brainwashed if the latter had no weaknesses

It's more like the Vestiges can take control of his body while he's under Mind Control so he has a different kind of resistance in the way that 7 different minds will just override his body's response.

He has resistance because he was able to move his finger, not because he snapped out of it by breaking his finger.

All Might himself stated that it was Izuku's own will that allowed him to move.

Shinso's weakness has nothing to do with Izuku having resistance, because that is not why he has resistance. His resistance happens because he was able to move against Shinso's order. Very minor resistance, but this is resistance none the less.

At this point in time the Vestiges cannot do anything to Izuku, they haven't manifested fully yet.

He has resistance because he was able to move his finger, not because he snapped out of it by breaking his finger.

All Might himself stated that it was Izuku's own will that allowed him to move.

Shinso's weakness has nothing to do with Izuku having resistance, because that is not why he has resistance. His resistance happens because he was able to move against Shinso's order. Very minor resistance, but this is resistance none the less.

At this point in time the Vestiges cannot do anything to Izuku, they haven't manifested fully yet.
well All Might did not even know what he was talking the Vestiges helped him to break the mind control but only because the mind control has a weakness the Vestiges never take control of his body hell only 2 finger

Izuku's resistance has nothing to do with Shinso's weakness.

Izuku moved his fingers while under his brainwashing, this is indeed minor resistance.

Him breaking out of the brainwashing by breaking his finger is NOT resistance.

Izuku does have resistance. Doesn't really matter if the vestiges vision was what allowed him to move or his strong will like All Might said, that is still resistance for him.

Last edited:
Izuku moved his fingers while under his brainwashing, this is indeed minor resistance.
I agree, but one question, and I sincerely don't know the answer. Have any other characters demonstrated an ability to move small things like fingers during his control?

If so, I would lean towards characterizing that as Shinso's characteristic, not Izuku

Izuku's resistance has nothing to do with Shinso's weakness.

Him breaking out of the brainwashing by breaking his finger is NOT resistance.

Izuku does have resistance. Doesn't really matter if the vestiges vision was what allowed him to move or his strong will like All Might said, that is still resistance for him.
Izuku did not move the Vestiges help him.
of course we are ignoring the fact that shinzo quirk has a weakness and if midoriya had mind control resistance as a site the make believe would not be afraid to talk to shinzo.
to be honest i doubt that midoriya would recover from mind control without weakness

Izuku did not move the Vestiges help him.
I think it stands to reason that if a character is inhabited by the souls of beings who can intervene on your behalf to break out of mind control, then you can be considered as having some resistance.
shinzo quirk has a weakness
Well, yes, but a weakness that can't be exploited without the pre-requisuite resistance described above.
midoriya had mind control resistance as a site the make believe would not be afraid to talk to shinzo.
to be honest i doubt that midoriya would recover from mind control without weakness
It's important to remember resistance is not immunity. Midoriya has the capacity to interfere with the mind control, but it still presents a very real danger to him.

Last edited:
I agree, but one question, and I sincerely don't know the answer. Have any other characters demonstrated an ability to move small things like fingers during his control?

If so, I would lean towards characterizing that as Shinso's characteristic, not Izuku
No, anyone else under his control does what he says without resistance. From what we’ve seen and what people have said, they barely even remember what happened to them, like it’s a blank period. Deku is the only person who actually seems to struggle throughout the entire time he is Brainwashed.

Back