• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

issues with the thought robot page (also mandrakk)

What about the Monitor Sphere being totally beyond the Multiverse and being only surrounded by the Overvoid? If this is true? Many people say that.

It's not just something people say, it's something Morrison directly depicted in-story. Then he seemed to change his mind in Multiversity and make the Monitor Sphere surrounded by the Source Wall. I say "seemed" because Sandman brought up a point about the sky in Nil that seems to show both are true and there's no contradiction. Anyway, yes that will be brought up in the thread.

I don't know if this will be useful for your Monitors CRT @PrinceOfTheMorning

Elizio33 said:
Do these specifically refer to the Fifth and Sixth Dimensions?

If they're described as "governing layers of being/reality", how do we separate that from the Branes and Bulks defined on the Multiverse Map and the use of String Theory?

In another thread, I suggested it worked like this: 3 Dimensions of Space - 1 Dimension of Time - 1 Dimension of Imagination.

Even if you add a greater number of spatial dimensions (up to 9 or 10 dimensions), you'd still have the Fifth Dimension separate as that "dimension of Imagination".

i feel like this thread is getting semi-derailled since we are talking about the monitors but we aren't talking about the main revision.

@Catalyst75

Maybe we simply have to scale the Monitors from their established feats instead then?

@Thelastmlg

Can you please remind us about what we still have to discuss regarding the original topic?

@Thelastmlg you're right but POTM is making a new thread about all of this. Maybe we shouldn't have to downgrade Mandrakk and Thought Robot.

@Antvasima i think this thread was made to upgrade Mandrakk and Thought Robot to 1-A.

@Elizio33 who's trying to downgrade then?

@Antvasima we need to talk about:

(In their Battle their caused enough damage to the monitor sphere that the overvoid got visible as collateral damage) being put in their AP.

if conceptual manipulation, resistance to it and plot is applicable

if we should merge space and time manipulation

if limbo is considered a void, which would give CAS void manipulation

if the page in note #4 could be added as a justificative word of god on CAS and mandrakk pages.

from what i saw, everyone seems to agree removing the 5 powers from there and putting the scans and texts in the other powers.

@Thelastmlg yeah, i was wrong i thought they should be downgraded because of the 4-D-11-D statement from many people but i see it is not the case.

>In their Battle their caused enough damage to the monitor sphere that the overvoid got visible as collateral damage) being put in their AP.

No, they did not cause damage to the Monitor-Sphere that the Overvoid became visible. They simply fought until they reach the ledge where Mandrakk fell

Morrison:Yeah. Again, on the very edge of the art and the edge of the mind of God there are these two big concepts fighting ― Superman and Mandrakk, Predation and Protection, Greed and Preservation, Ugly and Beautiful, Youth and Age, Good and Evil, Black and White, Is and Isn't and all the others. Beyond that crumbling ledge in Monitor-World, those concepts don't exist and it's all non-dual Monitor mind, or God, or Kirby's Source, in which all contradictions are resolved into unity.

If i understand correctly, in Final Crisis the Monitor Sphere is only surrounded by the Overvoid but Grant Morrison contradicted all of this with his cosmology map because in the map, the Monitor Sphere is surrounded by the Source Wall.

Why not make two keys, one for when the Monitor Sphere was beyond creation and was only surrounded by the Overvoid and another for when the Monitor Sphere is at the very edge of creation and surrounded by the Source Wall? Of course a third key for the In Multiverse form.

It seems like Sandman31 debunked the argument, and it would be too much of an outlier anyway. Should we close his thread? It doesn't seem meaningful to keep open anymore.

Okay. What do the rest of you think about the suggestions?

so the profile got a big revision, and thus most things here are done

but should we discuss the rest here or should i make another thread?

what we have to discuss is:

1. putting the wall of text on atleast his abstract existence, since he has more 3 statements (2 which i gave the scans in my wall of scans)

2. why does he have intagibility alongside non-corporeality?

3. space-time and void manipulation being legit

4. could he have some of mandrakk powers since they are both from the same halfs?

It doesn't seem like anybody is interested in this thread anymore.

Back