• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with scaling for the MHA verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the anime considered canon we use it in Bakugou's profile, and when we see Gigantomachia's first outing he creates 7-B level destruction you can argue all day about if it scales to Gigantomachia or not , but there was 7-B level destruction. The story is picky about when it does it but there are 7-B feats there.

the reason 7-B came about was because if we scale izuku to the storm feat the argument that shigaraki downscales isn't justification for him begin low 7-B+ as him downscaling would still put him in the same tier. The reason I accepted the downscaling argument was that we were assuming Deku was baseline so his downscaling would have to put him in the low 7-B+ tier.

If we scale Deku to the storm feat which is a logical scale. then I see no issues here.

I thought everyone agreed on it, so I put it there.

I saw Dabi being mentioned earlier in the thread, and his 7-C tiering was called into question, so I’d like to mention that a Twice clone of him matched Flashfire attacks from Endeavor in the beginning of Heroes Rising, and he was only overwhelmed when Endeavor used Prominence Burn (which his profile even mentions).

I’ve also seen people say that it would be an outlier since Mount Lady scales to Dabi and she was one-shot by a 7-C attack, but can’t they just downscale to Low 7-C+ or something?

I saw Dabi being mentioned earlier in the thread, and his 7-C tiering was called into question, so I’d like to mention that a Twice clone of him matched Flashfire attacks from Endeavor in the beginning of Heroes Rising, and he was only overwhelmed when Endeavor used Prominence Burn (which his profile even mentions).

I’ve also seen people say that it would be an outlier since Mount Lady scales to Dabi and she was one-shot by a 7-C attack, but can’t they just downscale to Low 7-C+ or something?
They should downscale imo. AFO is only 8% above baseline and based on how Hood overpowered Endeavor's thrust and wasn't stated to be AM tier I think Endeavor should downscale.

Kirishima didn't react to Rappa's combat speed, the anime shows it better but he's clearly running towards them with his fist ready.

He scales to his travel/running speed, no reason to scale to his punching speed.

Anyone can react to Rappa as long as they are out of his range, after-all his quirk only applies to his shoulder sockets and arms, not his feet.

No. The potency of the air cannon at that distance would be 8-A going by the Best Jeanist calc. They would die if they were at point blank range.

Mount Lady has a higher surface area, so she would've taken more energy then Best Jeanist.

So she shouldn't be mentioned on his profile's dura section, since she would've take multiple times the amount of energy he took.

Also, there should be no reason we can't use the anime as a basis for the horizon in All Might's storm feat. We already use the anime for so many other things to explain stuff in the manga. This just sounds like hypocrisy.

Mount Lady has a higher surface area, so she would've taken more energy then Best Jeanist.

So she shouldn't be mentioned on his profile's dura section, since she would've take multiple times the amount of energy he took.
I actually calced this, just to see what the result would be, and I somehow ended up getting a higher result than the actual Air Cannon calc.

Because using half of a person's surface area gives slightly off results, though it's the best we can do.

And not all of Mount Lady would be in the blast range, with her supposed 20 meter plus height some parts of her body wouldn't be hit by the attack.

However this is only true if she was standing straight, she was on her knees in the building so her surface area is smaller because of her position. Though it's still many times bigger than Jeanist. The surface area we use for character assume them to be standing straight with their arms to their side.

It's complicated and honestly not worth it, just that it's clear Mount Lady would've been hit by more energy than Jeanist.

Welp. Btw would you agree with the idea of Dabi being Low 7-C+ (assuming that 7-C doesn’t get nuked entirely)?

I admit I was being unreasonably petty with the Dabi thing, but yes I can agree that his Flashfire should scale to Endeavor at the least.

That could work. The question is how do we scale Endeavor and co? Do we say that All Might during Kamino is comparable to what he was during Two Heroes and drop the 7-C calc or drop the Low 7-B calcs?

That could work. The question is how do we scale Endeavor and co? Do we say that All Might during Kamino is comparable to what he was during Two Heroes and drop the 7-C calc or drop the Low 7-B calcs?
Dropping the Low 7-B calculations seems illogical. AFO's Air Canon was him being extremely casual, not only that, All Might's weather changing feat should still stand even if we do use the anime to get the horizon. In fact, the manga shows the horizon. So the calc should be solid. The movie's feats also shouldn't be discarded because it's been established those are canon.

Endeavor scales to whatever Dabi is considering their clash in Heroes Rising. As for the actual tier, Kamino All Might should be weaker considering that he was actually in his skinny form while TH All Might was still able to force himself into buff form.

But Low 7-B definitely shouldn’t be dropped.

The problem with that clash is that Dabi isn't using Flashfire, which means it scales to Geten, Mount Lady, Cementoss, Kirishima, and Re-Destro.

Mount Lady was going to be one shotted by an attack that's 7-C at the highest, so she can't be anywhere around there.

Unless we say Dabi was holding back and decided not to one shot Geten. Him not using Flashfire is fine, since it's clear he didn't want to use it until he confronts Endeavor. However his normal flames scaling as well means either he was holding back over dozen of times with his standard flames, or Geten scales which means others scale.

Aight, although maybe it should be noted on Dabi’s profile that the clash would be an outlier and it should be removed from his AP since it’s in his 8-A justification for some reason.

Question are these the only profiles/keys going to be affected if Shigaraki gets Low 7-B+ AP?

All Might - Hideout Raid Arc
All For One - Weakened
Endeavor
Shigaraki - All For One
Hood
Gigantomachia - High Morale

I seem to recall people talking about Mirko backscaling from Hood a while ago (she would be Low 7-C+ from his 7-C), so would she be affected as well?

The Near High-Ends are stated to be comparable to Hood, which would scale to to Hospital High-Ends, which does scale to Mirko and Crust.

However let's not talk any scaling until we get the 7-C and Low 7-B+ stuff in order.

Well, there’s more Low 7-B+ stuff than 7-C, although scaling Kamino AM and AFO to Low 7-B+ seems assumption-based unless someone proposed some reasoning that I missed.

Ok, so I'm going to be staying out of this for probably for the rest of the week because IRL stuff, but I just want to make sure I understand the fundamental questions/stances here?

Do we downscale the verse to 7-C because whenever we actually get battles outside of movies we don't get any feats above 7-C?

Rebuttal: This would disregard some major feats in the story.(Gigantomachia's 7-B feat, All might's storm feat)

Do we remove the movie feats because they're consistently inflated compare to manga feats?

Rebuttal: The movies are consistently shown to be canon.

Do we just rework the scaling and include everything?

Rebuttal: This would be very diiffucult.

I think we should drop the 7-B calcs since they break the scaling. It makes no sense that AFO would lower his power by over 100 times. It makes no sense that Endeavor (or really any character) is thousands of times tougher than Jeanist or Nejire or Re Destro.

Along with this most of the characters who scale should downscale to baseline 7C at most or Low7C+. Shigaraki was the only one compared to AM so his base should upscale from High Ends and I imagine the difference isn't as little as 8%.

Last edited:
“We are struggling to properly scale the top tiers of the verse = throw out all top tier feats, regardless of consistency, so we can force it to make sense”
If the calcs don't make sense to the story then lets drop them.

Even then we know movie feats are inflated and often above the character's displayed paygrade at the time of the story such as 5% Deku causing steal to heat up by launching himself at it or Kaminari's 2 million volts.

The issue with scaling this verse by wiki standards is that there are no feats in between the top and mid tiers to calc for numerical differences in power. This results in numerous interpretations for scenes and scaling. Which is annoying.

Even then we know movie feats are inflated and often above the character's displayed paygrade at the time of the story such as 5% Deku causing steal to heat up by launching himself at it or Kaminari's 2 million volts.

Kaminari could discharge 1.2 million volts in the sports festival, him upping it to 2 million when pushing himself isn’t inconsistent at all. And what feats does 5% have that aren’t consistent with his current one?

There are barely any feats in the main manga from characters going all out for us to scale, so much we rely on the anime sometimes. Obviously the movies, which are mainly combat oriented in areas where the students can fight all out, are going to have higher feats than they display when not in those situations.

So let me get this straight, we're gonna drop the calculations that are extremely consistent and honestly make much more sense then just 7-C, all because you can't properly scale the Top Tiers, and also because you think that the movie feats are inflated.

Ignoring the obvious fact that this would make no sense, the only way for the Low 7-B/7-B feats to be dropped is if they're proven to be inconsistent or outliers, which is obviously impossible due to the sheer amount of them. Just because other movie feats are inflated doesn't mean all of them are. That can easily be classified as as an association fallacy.

What this basically comes down too is getting rid of consistent scaling because of one feat that's extremely casual. All For One's feat isn't even reliable as a full power feat for him because he admitted that he was holding back all the time on All Might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back