• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with scaling for the MHA verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
No , because there are literally too many Low 7-B feats to be called outliers anymore(not to mention that high 6-C feat no one talks about) and Gigantomachia's 7-B feat which I still really don't get why we dropped.

then id argue him slightly hurting Todoroki is an Outlier.

Deku might not have building level AOE but that's still potency he has within his fist that literally undermines nearly everything about the story and his character.
why is having a quirk such a big deal when you can totally crush steel and rock like it's nothing.
Unfortunately, that's a consistent inconsisteny mirio one shotting Kirishima and 8% Deku proves that.

It's not a 7-B feat, we already know he didn't perform that feat in one hit.
How though, we have no knowledge that he didn't and forget that that implies he was rampaging around for a while to perform that feat which wouldn't make sense considering that would have caused more chaos.

then id argue him slightly hurting Todoroki is an Outlier.

Deku might not have building level AOE but that's still potency he has within his fist that literally undermines nearly everything about the story and his character.
why is having a quirk such a big deal when you can totally crush steel and rock like it's nothing.
Well said. I have no issue in believing that base Deku can eventually get that strong, but he's certainly not that strong at the beginning of the series.

No , because there are literally too many Low 7-B feats to be called outliers anymore(not to mention that high 6-C feat no one talks about) and Gigantomachia's 7-B feat which I still really don't get why we dropped.
Machia was dropped because it would be dumb for Machia to be 7-B while chasing the police than rn where we have Mount Lady Barely keeping up with him, Getting pierced By Kirishima and getting restrained by Jeanist

Unless all these guys are scaling to Low 7-B it Would be absurd

Mount lady was an ant to him, a fly can pierce a human do they scale, Best Jeanist was restraining an explicitly weakened Gigantomachia and regardless its a LS feat.

Machia NEVER shows such feats every again, he likely destroyed that mountain by running through it. Machia never received an order to destroy anything which means he's incapable of using his full power at that moment, which means the power he's showing now is stronger than his mountain feat.

So Base Izuku and cast get dropped to Unknown, 9-A results mean he can crush steel and rock as well, so he needs to be 10-A or Unknown.

The second blow never happened in the manga.

So Endeavor doesn't scale to AFO?

Alright explain to me why AFO would hold back on heroes he wants to kill.
I literally have the anime on right now. AFO just views them as an annoyance.

After Edgeshot dances around him a few times and Endeavor tries shooting him with fire which AFO counters with Air Canon, he gets fed up and says: "hm, How annoying", then he lets off a massive blast, which is clearly way bigger than the previous ones against Endeavor and Edgeshot.

It is aimed at the ground not even aimed at the heroes, blowing everyone but All Might away. That statement alone from his own mouth suggests, that they were only a mild annoyance like buzzing flies, a blow that wasn't a direct hit, blows them away like paper.

Machia NEVER shows such feats every again, he likely destroyed that mountain by running through it. Machia never received an order to destroy anything which means he's incapable of using his full power at that moment, which means the power he's showing now is stronger than his mountain feat.
He's comparable to Shigaraki and by proxy somewhat to AM who've shown similar level of feats before, we can all establish here that calcs in this story are inconsistent at the best of times.

I literally have the anime on right now. AFO just views them as an annoyance.

After Edgeshot dances around him a few times and Endeavor tries shooting him with fire which AFO counters with Air Canon, he gets fed up and says: "hm, How annoying", then he lets off a massive blast, which is clearly way bigger than the previous ones against Endeavor and Edgeshot.

It is aimed at the ground not even aimed at the heroes, blowing everyone but All Might away. That statement alone from his own mouth suggests, that they were only a mild annoyance like buzzing flies, a blow that wasn't a direct hit, blows them away like paper.
The second clash never occurred in the manga.

That still doesn't imply holding back. A fly is nothing to me but I have no reason to hold back when I'm trying to kill it.

So we’re back to downscaling the whole verse to wall level because we have a bias against Base Deku being comparable to 5% despite him saying he is comparable.

Some people don’t want Endeavor scaling to Weakened AFO or AM anymore.

And Damage wants movies removed (again)

So we’re back to downscaling the whole verse to wall level because we have a bias against Base Deku being comparable to 5% despite him saying he is comparable.

Some people don’t want Endeavor scaling to Weakened AFO or AM anymore.

And Damage wants movies removed (again)
Lets keep that discussion out of this, I sort of agree that the movies are bogus, because I still find it weird we ignored the High 6-C feat but then used the low 7-B feat in that same fight but that's for a different thread.

What are we currently doing.

I propose this right now.

Shigaraki low 7-B+ > 45% Izuku and Endeavor(likely low 7-B+) regardless of your ideas on them scaling they should not fully scale when Izuku had to go out of his way to use 100% to take out Shigaraki because he understood 45% wouldn't be enough and even still it wasn't enough to end the fight.)

Kamino AM should be likely low 7-B+ as well.

Honestly, 45% Izuku seemed weaker than Endeavor to me in that fight but maybe that's just me.

Shigaraki low 7-B+ > 45% Izuku and Endeavor(likely low 7-B+) regardless of your ideas on them scaling they should not fully scale when Izuku had to go out of his way to use 100% to take out shigaraki because he understand 45% wouldn't be enough and even still it wasn't enough to end the fight.)
So 45% and Endeavor become Low 7-B

Shigaraki low 7-B+ > 45% Izuku and Endeavor(likely low 7-B+) regardless of your ideas on them scaling they should not fully scale when Izuku had to go out of his way to use 100% to take out shigaraki because he understand 45% wouldn't be enough and even still it wasn't enough to end the fight.)
I’m fine with Low 7-B 45% granted it’s quite absurd that 45% is making Deku Hundreds of thousands of times stronger than 30% but whatever we agree they aren’t linear anyway.

I feel like they should be 7-C but I recognize that it's an inconsistency because Shigaraki is not displayed as 1000's time stronger than them. I wish we had another tier to put them in because its clear that Shigaraki is still blatantly superior to all of them and putting them in the same tier as him seems really odd to me.

we could do at least 7-C possibly low 7-B+

Shigaraki low 7-B+ > 45% Izuku and Endeavor(likely low 7-B+) regardless of your ideas on them scaling they should not fully scale when Izuku had to go out of his way to use 100% to take out Shigaraki because he understood 45% wouldn't be enough and even still it wasn't enough to end the fight.)

Kamino AM should be likely low 7-B+ as well.

Honestly, 45% Izuku seemed weaker than Endeavor to me in that fight but maybe that's just me.
Low 7-B+ 45% is a bit absurd though. He oneshots Bakugou no? Also how do we explain AFO lowering his power by over 100 times to kill some heroes?

I feel like they should be 7-C but I recognize that it's an inconsisteny because Shigaraki is not displayed as 1000's of time stronger than. I wish we had another tier to put them in we could do at least 7-C possibly low 7-B+
There would be no 7-C feat to put them “at least” to.

45% Deku’s only feats are taking direct hits from Shigaraki.

Low 7-B+ 45% is a bit absurd though. He oneshots Bakugou no? Also how do we explain AFO lowering his power by over 100 times to kill some heroes?
Deku’s higher percentage amps always one shot Bakugo, no issue there.

Other than 8%

There would be no 7-C feat to put them “at least” to.

45% Deku’s only feats are taking direct hits from Shigaraki.

Deku’s higher percentage amps always one shot Bakugo, no issue there.
45% Deku's only feat is taking an Air Cannon I already talked about how the quirks of AFO don't fully scale to shigarki.

Tbf 20% was capable of One shotting Bakugo during that time period granted not 1000 times over.

I’d personally say at best give Deku a
At Most Low 7-B rating no + just downscale but it appears people aren’t fans of the constant Up and downscaling.

Tbf 20% was capable of One shotting Bakugo during that time period granted not 1000 times over.

I’d personally say at best give Deku a
At Most Low 7-B rating no + just downscale but it appears people aren’t fans of the constant Up and downscaling.
Well yeah but the increase from 8% to 20% is notably bigger than 30% to 45% plus 20% wasn't even something he usually did in a normal fight.

Shigaraki wasn't attempting to kill him that's been proven he just wanted to get him off him and probably just underestimated the strength required to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back