• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues about Lucario and Darkrai's scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movies happened, it's just that some of them not mentioned in the normal series, The Bird Trio can take on Lugia in every continuity.

I know of that dragon, but that's reffering to G3 ruby and sapphire, so still the games.

Saikou, he also said looking at it as a parralel world, that could easily mean he was just likening it to something.

The Pokémon Anime Continuity is loose as is. Nobody ever ages. The games and mangas have arguably a far more cohesive timeline.

So yeah, using the movies for the anime is 100% fine.

What? Of course the movies and anime are fine for each other.

My problem lies in cross scaling stuff between anime, games, spinoff games and various manga.

When Ash/Satoshi challenges Giovanni in the Anime, the same Armored Mewtwo appears, which escapes and starts the events of the first movie.

What? I'm not saying movies and anime aren't interconnected, they are. The first few movies have specific timeframes if I recall.

Yeah, so?

I think you think I'm saying nothingis connected. I'm not.

I'm just saying for things that are standalone that cross scaling shouldn't be a thing.

The Everlasting said:
"Nobody ever ages"
Every cartoon ever in a nutshell.
That's objectively false. Hell, Adventure Time has age progression for the characters and that is pure nonsense most of the time.

Dark649 said:
The movies happened, it's just that some of them not mentioned in the normal series, The Bird Trio can take on Lugia in every continuity.
Actually thats not true.

In the episodes of D&P when Darkrai and Cresselia battle, Dawn uses a Lunar Wing she got from Alamos Town in the Darkrai movie. Bulbpedia even admits this and says its canon. And the Darkrai movie is canon to all the other movies too.

@Matt

Bruh, I was being sarcastic on how old (And even semi-recent) cartoons have nonsensical progressions of time.

Like how Phineas and Ferb has more episodes than days of summer.

I just said that some of them [minority] are not mentioned, not that they are not canon.

>As many may notice, this Pokemon has an incredibly high tier, especially for a normal Pokemon. This Lucario comes from a spinoff manga completely detached from any of the running continuities, and doesn't have counter-feats coming after this, given this was the last feat of the entire series.

Straight from Lucario 7, if its unrelated to any other continuity then why is it being scaled off them? This goes for anything like that, PMD crosscaling is another problem i have.

Most Pokémon are taken at their peak though. A Dusknoir isn't special if it's wild, so any Pokémon can achieve its feats, al long as they're within reason.

Im fine with the profiles Cal.

I just have issue with cross scaling. Like not every dusknoir is that one (who's noted to be super powerful), so if a cacturne fights a Dysknoir in say the manga, that cacturne shouldn't scale because 1. That feat happens in an unrelated canon and 2. That dusknoir was strong as shit.

Just saying, we scale all Fully evolved Pokemon like this. Similar to how Charizard's feat from PMD is used to support the current 7-A stats.

I'm aware and I think it's wrong. (Especially since that Charizard feat happens in a noncanon game and is done by a Charizard of high renown, likely above most other Charizard).

If Charizard had a tier 6 feat from pokepark or pmd, id be fine with it, it can go on his profile regardless of what it's from. But using that hypotethitcal tier 6 feat and slapping it on, for example, ash's Charizard because they're both Charizard and scaling it to anything that fought ash's Charizard is a no go.

Well, it's up to what everyone decides. Everyone decided to use feats like this. So you have to go through them. They made the rules for Pokemon files. I'm just going by what they used. Can't help what you think.

They are not mainly scaled from Mistery Dungeon Charizard feat, but from the Tyranitar, Machamp and Gigalith ones.

Dark649 said:
They are not mainly scaled from Mistery Dungeon Charizard feat, but from the Tyranitar, Machamp and Gigalith ones.
That's why I said it was used to support them.

It's wrong. It's an abuse of cross scaling.

Most of these things are completely unrelated and different canons.

It's not ok for anything else, why is it ok for Pokemon?

What actually says this stuff is non-canon though? I never knew that there was an official statement stating this.

Profiles are fine dude. I've saud that 4 times.

Multiverse isn't a reason either. So far the only thing you have shown is a statement that says the anime and mainline games are parralel worlds, nothing else was mentioned like manga, spinoff games and more.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Profiles are fine dude. I've saud that 4 times.
Multiverse isn't a reason either. So far the only thing you have shown is a statement that says the anime and mainline games are parralel worlds, nothing else was mentioned like manga, spinoff games and more.
Why would this Darkrai be any weaker than the other Darkrai?

Because different canon, hasnt shown to be that strong, theres been other cases of darkrai that have varying power.

Also kukui, that diesnt answrr mybqyestion prove everything is a multiverse, if you cant then this method is wrong.

Pretty sure that if you pick two Pokemon of the same species, they are supposed to be comparable. "This particular Darkrai doesn't have tier 2 feats" doesn't mean much if the members of the species have multiple tier 2 feats (which they do).

Or maybe those "cases" are all just reeking of PIS? Heck Tobias and Darkrai are the biggest one out of them all concerning Darkrai overall and we already established why Ash's team even being in the same area code as Tobias is PIS.

What proves that manga, spinoffs, etc. wouldnt be apart of the Multiverse as anything else? That makes literally no sense.

"Also kukui, that doesn't answer my question prove everything is a multiverse, if you cant then this method is wrong."

Can I ask? Why wouldn't this be part of the multiverse? Why out of all things would this be not part of the multiverse? Explain that to me?

Why would it be? Assuming every piece of pokemon media is part of a multiverse when nothing exists that implies That? Show me the statement, so far ya got anime and games together, nothing else. Assuming everything is is simply headcanon.

Two darkrai may be comparable, but if there exists zero darkrai with 2-C feats in their canon then thats not a reason anymore. Since theres nothing to be comparable towards.

There's no such thing as 2 multiverses in a single fiction, canon or not.

The anime used to be noncanon when compared to the games and look how that turned out. Because of Alain and Ash-Greninja, their pratically one and the same.

Theres nothing at all that implies spinoffs and the manga are separate from the multiverse when they can simply just be alternate universes like everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back