• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Revision- Cynthia to 6-C

Introduction
So I was looking at some pages, and I saw that Cynthia's tiering was a bit off. She was only High 7-A. Much lower compared to a weaker trainer, like Raihan. Anyway, I think Cynthia should get buffed to tier 6 and below will be my reasons. This is mostly meant for Cynthia's Garchomp, but I think Cynthia's whole team could be in tier 6.

Evidence/Reasons
First off, Cynthia was number 2 in the World Coronation series, putting her above trainers like Alain. She defeated Iris Haxorus in the semi-finals, with her Garchomp taking minimal damage in the process. Her Base Garchomp was able to match Ash's relatively Healthy Mega Lucario blow for blow (This is also while Garchomp is using resisted moves against Lucario). This was also after she (Cynthia's Garchomp is a female btw) took on his Sirfetch'd. Cynthia's Garchomp defense was also decreased during their battle as well. (Since Scale Shot lowers the user's defense)
She was able to survive a Hyper Beam from the forces of nature and several other attacks. She defeats various Elite Four Members, notably defeating Lucian's Bronzong without taking any damage. (Long before the World Coronation Series)

Cynthia's Spiritomb was able to knock out Ash's Gengar and Dragonite. (Defeated Ash's Pikachu with Destiny Bond.) Doesn't seem to take any damage from Dragonite's Draco Meteor (She overwhelmed Leon's Dragapult), Gengar's Dazzling Gleam, and survived Pikachu's Thunderbolt, (Same Pokémon who overpowered 2 Pokémon at once) then it's follow up Iron Tail before being knocked out.
Cynthia's Gastrodon, tanked a Drill Run from Iris's Excadrill after using Acid Armor. Gastrodon was Overwhelming Iris's Excadrill until it used a surprise Horn Drill.
Cynthia's Roserade fought evenly with Ash's Gengar and Dracovish, though is eventually overpowered by Dracovish's Dragon Rush.
Cynthia's Milotic is able to restrain and eventually knock out both Ash's Dracovish and Iris's Dragonite (Takes massive damage in the formers case).
And finally, Cynthia's Togekiss was able to tank a super-effective Bullet Punch from Ash's Base Lucario. Dodges Thunderbolt from Pikachu and damages Pikachu with Zen Headbutt.

Upgrades
Most of Cynthia's Team should be at least 6-C
Cynthia's shown to match and defeat Leon level Pokémon. Her Milotic (Whose weaker than her Garchomp) was able to knock out Ash's Dracovish. His Dracovish was able to do this. And Leon's Rillaboom was able to knock out a majority of Diantha team. (Also knocked out Sirfetch'd). This should put Cynthia's Milotic around Rillaboom in terms of scaling.
Ash's
Base Lucario knocks out Raihan's Gigantamax Duraludon with a Massive Aura Sphere. Ash's Base Lucario was shown to evenly match Volkner's Electrvire. Volkner is a Gym Leader, who is much weaker compared to Champions and Elite four members. (I'm not saying Raihan is weak or anything, since it was weak to Aura Sphere, but if Base Lucario can defeat his ace, then Cynthia should be in the same league.)

So in summary, Cynthia's Pokémon shown to fight and defeat Ash's Pokémon, who are comparable to Leon's Pokémon, who are all 6-C.

So, something like this:
Island level (Fought evenly with Ash, who defeated Raihan and Leon. The former is considered capable of becoming a League Champion in a different region, and the latter's Rillaboom defeated four of Diantha's Pokémon. Her Garchomp was able to take on Ash's Mega Lucario, even after taking heavy damage from his Sirfetch'd earlier in the battle. Considered 2nd strongest trainer in the world, only behind Leon. Putting her above trainers like Raihan and Lance.)

Back