• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this a case of calculation stacking? (The Flash)

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
So I decided to read what probably is the Flash's most infamous comic story called The Human Race (Which was written by Grant Morrison, which yeah...). Basically, you know the Naruto Forums calculation list of all those crazy feats he did?

http://web.archive.org/web/20160504...wallys-speed-holy-*******-shit-edition.18917/

These all come from this story. So I decided to read them, and I looked at the calculation and I realized something: aside for the last two feats (Resetting the radios and the trans-time velocity, which by the way were cases of him being massively speed amped), it seems that the rest of the calculations were a case of calc stacking.

Basically Flash dodges the Zeta Beams in this. However, to get the speed of this, they took the speed of Zeta Beams from another story then use multipliers based on the population of Kwyzz and Earth to stack upon it. They also assumed that the radio beings are all as fast as Krakkl which I would assume isn't the case. It feels like calc stacking. Is it? Like to take the number for a feat in another story and then using a different story to stack upon the calculation? What do you think?

This seems to make sense to me, but you should ask some calc group members to give input.

Maybe Ugarik, Mr. Bambu, and Damage3245?

Yes, this would appear to be calc stacking. Is this calc currently being used?

It is being used as a speed feat, yes.

Though not a lot of characters scale to it. Most have their own speed feats.

Damage3245 said:
Yes, this would appear to be calc stacking. Is this calc currently being used?
Yes plus furthermore this was a speedamp for Wally and not his normal speed

Yeah this is pretty clear cut calc stacking.

Antvasima said:
Do any other characters than Flash (Wally West) (Post-Crisis) scale from this?
No, I was skimming through the story so I might be wrong here but the only reason Krakkl didn't speedblitz Wally in this race is he was his childhood imaginary friend and Wally was working togehter with him to somehow free themselves from he Cosmic Gambler's challenge. Krakkl was likely much faster as I understand, though I need to reread again. Flash only got this fast once he absorbed Krakkl. I might be wrong here again.

Also, as I noted, Grant Morrison wrote this story, which is already a red flag. And then you realize Flash survives being slammed into the Speed Force Wall and running through the Birth and Death of the Universe too.

I will reread it again, check what exactly happen.

It seems that the Flash doesn't believe he could beat Krakkl, he said he had a million to one odds of beating and was left way in the dust, only picking up because again Krakkle was the Flash's friend and didn't want him to lose.

And the calc used for Krakkl sounds like calc stacking

Flash's next best feat was the nuclear bomb 12 trillion times FTL feat, though I may be wrong

I'm not knowledgeble about the verse but it does seem like a calc stacking case to me

Okay, so it seems agreed by other calculation group members that this is calculation stacking

Some of the calcs are legitimate though. So it should probably stay but specified on which speed feats are used.

Ogbunabali said:
Some of the calcs are legitimate though. So it should probably stay but specified on which speed feats are used.
The calcs all come from the same story "The Human Race"

yes, some of the earlier calculations are still perfectly usable, but two of them are calc stacking and the last 2 were when the Flash was heavily amped by the populations of Kwyzz and Earth, so they wouldn't apply to any other situation

Well the first two are usable either way. And was the radio wave one done by being amped as well?

Ogbunabali said:
Well the first two are usable either way. And was the radio wave one done by being amped as well?
The radio feat he wasn't at his peak trans-time velocity amp but he still had enough of the collected kinetic energy to do one last thing. It's not his speed though. Flash's next best feat is the nuke one IIRC

Okay, though then I may need to find his nuclear bomb feat. Where is the source for that one?

FanofRPGs said:
Okay, though then I may need to find his nuclear bomb feat. Where is the source for that one?
https://***************.to/Comic/JLA-1997/Issue-89?id=39356

Matthew Schroeder said:
In Heroes in Crisis #8, Wally West was moving and perceiving the world so fast that something that would take a human brain "a few billion years" to process only took him a few seconds to do so.
Seems like a good supporting feat. And yes, this is Post-Crisis Wally. He simply returned following Rebirth.
This feat is impressive. Assuming he meant the speed of a human synapse (268 mph) over 10,000,000,000 years and he went that distance in 1 second, that is ~126 billion times FTL

Still orders of magnitude lower than the Green Lantern and Shattered God feat

InfiniteSped said:
If it's just comparing it to the time it'd take someone to solve the puzzle though, it's nowhere near as impressive.
Yeah, I am heavily highballing the feat to its highest possibility. However, I still got it a number much lower than our current speeds for post crisis.

I am fine with if we use Matthew's supporting feat.

Back