• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Backrooms allowed in VS Battles Wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, and people would have to make separate profiles for fandom, wikidot and kane pixels, which would be a huge pain in the neck.

And just like Mandela Catalogue & LOCAL58 the backrooms on youtube is analog horror i believe, so a verse page for Backrooms (Kane Pixels) could be possible.

Yeah I'm fine with a self contained series being indexed.

I would NEVER accept the Fandom since they have zero quality standards and no barrier of entrance for making pages. Like it's 10 times worst than the Wikidot Version since at least there we have an SCP-style system for Canons and whatnot.

I mentioned the Kane Pixels series specifically because I think it's by far the best take on the concept of the Backrooms, but there's literally nothing you could make profiles for, it's just environmental storytelling and vibes.

What i wouldnt mind:

Liminal Archives as its own canon
Backroom wikidot as its own canon following a specific set of guidelines
Everything on the fandom absolutely ignored

Some Backroom authors make follow ups to their levels / tales on reddit so im fine with that being allowed.

Weren't stories from r/NoSleep banned due to stories within reddit posts lacking notoriety? Dunno if this would be a different case.
Some Backroom authors make follow ups to their levels / tales on reddit so im fine with that being allowed.

It was a while back, but I seem to remember a thread detailing how stories posted on Reddit shouldn't have profiles made for their characters, due to them not being popular enough. That may be an issue for the Backrooms continuations posted there.

However, since they are extensions, they could probably be considered Extended Canon, like the SCP profiles have.

This really is just SCP but worse...

Even the Fandom Wiki has some interesting concepts imo, so i personally wouldn't be against bringing some of them here (like Level ! or "The True Final Level" aka Level 9223372036854775807)

However, there are contradictions. For example, the level mentioned above should be the highest level,thus the final one. However, a secret level called Level Infinity exists.

Even if we go by the original level's explanation for its Infinity rating (which comes, however, from the Wikidot) things are still weird :

Note, the level itself wasn't infinity originally, it was rounded up to infinity after an anonymous person claimed to have seen an indescribably large number over the terminal doors.

This still implies that this level is above Level 9223372036854775807 by a lot. Although it being a secret level might explain the whole deal. However, there are other levels above the former, for example Level 9223372036854775808 or Level 9223372036854775809 , Level 9223372036854775810 , etc...

Another problem is that, inside the Fandom Wiki, alternate timelines are a thing. It's shown here, for example.

NOTICE: Level 2^256 exists and originated from a parallel universe of the Backrooms where Level ∞ and levels above it (for example Level 2^257 and Level 2^1024) do not exist. Meaning, it does not recognize these levels' existence.

Scaling the Fandom Wiki is possible, but it's a really hard task... It depends if we wanna work out a way to "bypass" some contradictory stuff or not.

Last edited:
it will be a hard task for sure, but it is the strongest backrooms verse despite the contradictions

i believe wikidot is a better verse to scale than fandom

uh if we ever make backrooms profiles, i think it's for the best to start 1 canon at a time (for instance, we only touch kane pixels until we're up to date, then so on and forth), since each continuity is pretty much a whole different verses despite the similarities

Currently, there is a Backroom profile in VS Battles Wiki, but I'm not sure which verse it is. Could someone tell me?

Personally, I feel that different continuity should be treated as different continuity, even that the may share the same name. Also, having different continuities with the similar or same name may not be the reason of exclusion.

Was this accepted to be featured in our wiki or not, or should I send a notification to more staff members?

@eliaspower1234 That profile on the wiki was made without this being accepted.

@Antvasima Opinion is very widely split, and there's been almost no staff input. Here's all the opinions I could identify, staff are bolded.

Allow and have separate profiles for each site: 2 (MarioGoods, Sans2345)

Allow, but don't allow different canons on the same site to scale to each other: 1 (Darksmash)

Only allow wikidot and Liminal Archives: 1 (Jibz)

Allow sites with quality control: 1 (Sir_Ovens)

Allow, but start with one canon before introducing others: 1 (eliaspower1234)

Wait until there's a definitive source of canon, then allow it if it meets our standards: 1 (Agnaa)

Don't allow: 1 (EliminatorVenom)

Neutral: 1 (ShockingPsychic)

The issue is that "The Backrooms" is a piece of internet horror which split off onto a wide variety of websites, all with different levels of quality control and different canons. We allow horror series from YouTube, and we allow horror series from wikidot with good quality control; the Backrooms has that and more. If we did allow multiple of these sources, we'd need to add differentiators like "(Kane Pixels)" and "(FANDOM)" to their titles, since a fair amount of things relevant for indexing would have generic names.

Last edited:
Youtube docu’s/POV’s shouldnt scale to either liminal archives or the wikidot and vice versa (self evident but might aswell say it). As for the wikidot and Liminal archives shit, apparently liminal archives is the better, new hub for backrooms. Im not up to date with the drama. And from a tidbit i got from a yt vid apparently there are 4 diff websites for backrooms all with diverging canons and lore. Furthermore, the fandom wiki for it also contradidts the wikidot (example: The End) so its best off not being used,

Suffice to say the verse is more like verses, or perhaps characters will get keys dependent on the canon. Ill look into it more indepth tommorow.

Canons i can think of:

Fandoms wiki (Way 2 messy, but it has a shit ton of pages and alot of interesting concepts)

Kane Pixels (YT backrooms found footage —> Should scale to itself and nothing else) Backrooms lore is altered so that the government caused it iirc

Liminal Archives (Arguably the one with the highest quality here, functions similar to SCP, most likely to be allowed)

Backrooms Wikidot

As i said earlier, ill look into this in more detail tmmrw. More details need to be hashed lut such as the level/room systems each canon has (as the lore has been drastically changed overtime), what canons will be allowed etc.

Youtube docu’s/POV’s shouldnt scale to either liminal archives or the wikidot and vice versa (self evident but might aswell say it). As for the wikidot and Liminal archives shit, apparently liminal archives is the better, new hub for backrooms. Im not up to date with the drama. And from a tidbit i got from a yt vid apparently there are 4 diff websites for backrooms all with diverging canons and lore. Furthermore, the fandom wiki for it also contradidts the wikidot (example: The End) so its best off not being used,

Suffice to say the verse is more like verses, or perhaps characters will get keys dependent on the canon. Ill look into it more indepth tommorow.
But more people know about wikidot than liminal archives tbh. Liminal archives is unheard of.

I got this info from a recent-ish youtube video about the wikidot mods banning a bunch of active members leading to liminal archives gaining in popularity. But if you say so i trust you.

I got this info from a recent-ish youtube video about the wikidot mods banning a bunch of active members leading to liminal archives gaining in popularity. But if you say so i trust you.
Wikidot got popular mostly due to a backrooms YouTuber named Broogli. Basically the Backrooms equivalent to Dr Cimmerian of SCP.

Eh, unlike SCP we can't even really corroborate notability on an individual incarnation (not just "compositing" popularity of a concept, as much as we wouldn't take any interpretation of Winnie the Pooh (Which just entered public domain) as notable) to confirm whether something is qualified to be on the site for the most part.
If anything most seem to lack it TBH, even if the "verse" (of which there's multiple as it's effectively on the public domain) as a whole may be noteworthy, that combined with there being way less standards for new content means that I could even just make up a tier 0 penguin with Backrooms "flavor" and get it on VSBW the next day, I don't need to clarify how bad that potential sounds for the purposes of dividing VSBW from FC/OC VSBW, among other stuff.

So I think that having it around does more harm than good and would support not allowing it on VSBW.

Eh, unlike SCP we can't even really corroborate notability on an individual incarnation (not just "compositing" popularity of a concept, as much as we wouldn't take any interpretation of Winnie the Pooh (Which just entered public domain) as notable) to confirm whether something is qualified to be on the site for the most part.
If anything most seem to lack it TBH, even if the "verse" (of which there's multiple as it's effectively on the public domain) as a whole may be noteworthy, that combined with there being way less standards for new content means that I could even just make up a tier 0 penguin with Backrooms "flavor" and get it on VSBW the next day, I don't need to clarify how bad that potential sounds for the purposes of dividing VSBW from FC/OC VSBW, among other stuff.

So I think that having it around does more harm than good and would support not allowing it on VSBW.
It's very extremely unlikely for that to happen, easier said than done, moderators on wikidot would check every page before allowing it to be posted. You'd think they would allow something that doesn't fit the context of the backrooms on there?

If moderation is good in Wikidot, then an argument could maybe be made for that canon, but beyond that... yeah.

we'd need to add differentiators like "(Kane Pixels)" and "(FANDOM)" to their titles, since a fair amount of things relevant for indexing would have generic names
That's just what I agree with and advocate of.
A lesson to even broken verses such as the DC Comics: never underestimate the power of verses which give creative freedom to the general.

Actually, Journey to the West is somewhat similar to The Backrooms at that time. JttW is like the generally agreed composite stories related to The Monkey and JttW becomes its continuity.

That's just what I agree with and advocate of.

A lesson to even broken verses such as the DC Comics: never underestimate the power of verses which give creative freedom to the general.

Actually, Journey to the West is somewhat similar to The Backrooms at that time. JttW is like the generally agreed composite stories related to The Monkey and JttW becomes its continuity.
Mhm

I agree with the above argument. Also, based on what Agnaa said above, the canon seems far too messy/incoherent to be featured in our wiki.

I agree with the above argument. Also, based on what Agnaa said above, the canon seems far too messy/incoherent to be featured in our wiki.
It's very extremely unlikely for that to happen, easier said than done, moderators on wikidot would check every page before allowing it to be posted. You'd think they would allow something that doesn't fit the context of the backrooms on there?
If moderation is good in Wikidot, then an argument could maybe be made for that canon, but beyond that... yeah.
It's not as messy as it seems.

We just need to sort all of them out into Backrooms (Kane pixels), Backrooms (Wikidot) and Backrooms (Liminal Archives)

Is it really that hard? They don't even intersect each other, other than all three go by the Backrooms, and Liminal Archives and Wikidot uses similar level labelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back