• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The FC/OC 9-B Swiss Tournament: Into The Backrooms

yes i know that title is a mouthful

So to start off the spooky month, I've decided to host a horror themed tournament, though not horror themed characters, more so the location, so with that being said...

How about some lore?

Dimly lit by yellow lights, lied The Hub, a level in the infamous Backrooms, serving as a reliable way to get from level to level. Residing, among various other wanderers. Lies a group of eight humans, humanoid creatures, and anything in-between, tasked with fighting each other to escape in a tournament like competition.

Some were against it, others were intrigued with the idea. But all of them knew it was the only way out of the endless rooms of varying shapes and sizes. The winner with the most points by the end would be granted a way out of the land of unknown. The other seven would remain far from home. And forced to find another way out.

RULES:
  • As the name implies, the tournament will take place in various levels of The Backrooms, which levels I won't specify until a round starts. (I'll supply everyone with a description of the level as well), all fights start 10 meters apart
  • Matches will end in death or incap, but not BFR. Which leads me to...
  • The hax cap for this tourney is Low Hax, so mostly grounded stuff with relatively simple supernatural haxes like basic fireballs allowed. I'm completely willing to negotiate characters with slightly higher haxes if they have clear weaknesses, however.
  • AP caps at 1053.5 Kilojoules (Baseline Wall+) to minimize any potential oneshots (Be sure to list the character's attack potency value when you submit them!)
  • Currently one character per user due to there only being 8 characters. Though it may go up to two per user, as I want to get the roster done within a timely manor
  • There will be a total of three rounds, winning a match will grant the winner one vote, stomp or not, incons will result in 0.5 points for both characters.

(I'd also like to note that since the forums are ultimately a side hobby of mine, I cannot confirm nor deny any dates for matches, so please be patient :])

TRAVELERS
BRACKET

ROUND 1 (LEVEL 0)
Mega Man Volnutt vs The Eviler
Scout.exe vs Amanda Walker
Cuphead vs Toby Fox
Black vs Slenderman

Last edited:
Mfw all my 9-B's are 4x baseline Wall level+ 😭😭😭

Mfw all my 9-B's are 4x baseline Wall level+ 😭😭😭
... I think this is called being 9-A

Anyways, as per what I'm submitting for myself, Tier 0 Coin Lesser and I think I'll argue Ragin' Reggie is fine, given that his fear manipulation can't actually outright incapacitate people and he was never described to really use it against people on his level of strength. Might be just a willpower thing since they'd just be comparable to him in terms of mental fortitude, but either way it's not something he can just use to make someone instantly self BFR in the middle of a fight

They both scale to around the baseline megajoule range from busting down walls, in Coin's case it took multiple and it's not defined how big the hole is, and Reggie just is physically on par with things that upscale a bit from the default "person sized hole in a wall" calc

Granted I'm noticing that most submissions are a bit lower than that so I'll also throw out Vlad Sandcha Krestyanov

Give him a little charge and he counts for the tier in terms of AP (though only nebulously above baseline, since he takes a lot of punishment from people outright in the megajoule range), and his pressure point proficiency lets him harm opponents way out of his weight class anyways

... I think this is called being 9-A
I just realised that .001 Tons is not Wall level+

Was there an update to the gaps between tiers, or am I just missing something?

You mixed 10 megajoules with .001 ton, probably

.001 ton hasn't been + the entire time I've been here

Honestly I read that as 10 megajoules instead of 1

Vlad and (maybe?) Coin should still be in the clear but I don't think Reggie would be good in that case

Might withdraw Vlad, as I've started thinking about how potent his pressure points actually are (and the general weirdness of qualifying for 9-B by virtue of having charge)

Like, he can nigh-fully control what wound effects he generates off of attacks. Just as a general description, that doesn't seem so bad, but let's break out the actual in game list in terms of effects for Moderate bash damage (which he can dole out twice per punch via his brass knuckles, assuming he doesn't opt for 2 raw wounds to do what quickly accumulates to lethal damage)

He can easily break or otherwise someone's arms and legs, demonstrated best with him doing so against Ruin Engine despite having such sheer muscle mass that Vlad wasn't capable of doing any damage to them by normal means

He can stack up internal injuries by punching someone in the torso, lowering whatever's weakest between their athletic ability, muscular strength or ability to take hits at all

He can outright just knock someone out if they lack enough endurance and get hit in the head

Admittedly now that I'm reading through things only the KO effect is really as brutal (and he might not be able to afford to get a straight punch rush to the head depending on the scenario), but I figure I should bring it up, since it's not really articulated on the page

He also has Arc Flash Overlord which he can use at full charge, and that's something he can do to just instantly end a fight by controlling an opponent's bioelectricity (granted this has a chance of not working, but that's not particularly high)

I've got two suggestions, feel free to pick which you think would be a better fit:

Amanda Walker (Abnormal World) in her Feral form.

She scales to 1 megajoule in this form in blunt and slashing durability and her physical AP, but has a weakness to piercing damage which can allow fast projectiles as weak as 52k joules to punch right through her and kill her if it lands a head or heart shot and if they can wear down her body armor.

She also doesn't have access to her weapons meaning she has to fully rely on hand to hand combat. She is very straight forward, no hax besides her fighting style in hand to hand combat growing better as a fight goes on, to the point having weaker forms of precog won't help and exploiting weaknesses after only see it once, or coming up with counters to abilities people have.

Alternatively:

Jorōgumo (Abnormal World)

They scale to 94.1 kilojoules on their high-end, making it one of the weakest combatants here, but it has some hax that can help it: Paralytic Venom, Web creation, Surface Scaling, enhanced senses that basically give it a radar vision, and regen (but it takes a literal hour so unlikely to come up)

How long is this man’s school period
im in an infinite time loop someone help
Amanda Walker (Abnormal World) in her Feral form.

She scales to 1 megajoule in this form in blunt and slashing durability and her physical AP, but has a weakness to piercing damage which can allow fast projectiles as weak as 52k joules to punch right through her and kill her if it lands a head or heart shot and if they can wear down her body armor.

She also doesn't have access to her weapons meaning she has to fully rely on hand to hand combat. She is very straight forward, no hax besides her fighting style in hand to hand combat growing better as a fight goes on, to the point having weaker forms of precog won't help and exploiting weaknesses after only see it once, or coming up with counters to abilities people have.
anyways added Slenderman, Eviler, and this guy

i'd also like to remind everyone that you can submit two characters (last submission before my pick cause im just evil like that hehehaha)

Guess I throw in the Darkest Knight
(Third key "Black Panther VS Batman" for Batman)

ok guys bracket is out, after a few good shuffles, this is what we have!

and of course, round 1 will take place in Level 0, the iconic infinite yellow maze with few entities to speak of. threads begin sooner or later

Back