• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fully Embedding Wikidot Backrooms into Vs Battles Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that the apprehension to accept the wiki came from a perceived lack of quality control. However that perception is false, and if anything, quality control has improved even further since then. The standard for getting material onto the site is high. Just because it is newer and less established than SCP, that does not automatically make it more prone to repeating the same mistakes

The primary issue is that Kane Pixels’ interpretation lacks depth, and there is very little if anything within the series to actually powerscale. Furthermore, the Wikidot predates Kane’s interpretation by two years, and provides a lot more mileage with its extensive lore. The Wikidot is strict in its standards and quality control, so it should be passable as official material rather than fan works.
Wow. I can't believe how strict this is!

Strict doesn't mean no high-Tier stuff, just well-made high-Tier stuff, no?
The stuff I just posted isn't well made in the slightest.

No way is anyone reading that Key Master page and telling me it isn't the most blatant edgy power wank BS. Lol.

Even some of the comments mention how low quality it is.

Wow. I can't believe how strict this is!

Your point being? I see nothing wrong with either page, and at least one of them is from the beginning of 2022, so it is fairly old and doesn’t reflect the current standards accurately. Most of the reviews are also outdated since the page has since been revised. And I am talking purely in regards to the quality of the writing, not the powerscaling. They just do not care about that subject since they aren’t centered around it, so they have no reason to enforce any kind of cap. The amount of upvotes on both pages indicates that the general community accepts and enjoys them.

We'll let staff decide if there's nothing wrong with those two pages.

Because, my god, that first one is terrible. And is a testament as to why adding the Backrooms is a bad idea.

You guys are definitely being disingenuous right now.

One bad apple does not spoil the bunch. It would be unfair to advocate against an entire wiki because of a single page, from over a year and a half ago. Again, the current standards are a lot higher. Nobody today would accept that page.

Last edited:
No, it does because this proves the wikidot standards aren't high or strict in the slightest.

If this is the level of quality that's accepted, then pretty much anyone with even the slightest competence in writing can get something on that site.

The first one is more like, a Sonic.exe type character than like a Suggsverse, but pretty sure SCP also has those type of pages, so they're kinda in the same boat

well keymaster is a well known and popular entity on the wikidot and has a rating of 72, it’s supposed to embody the concept of access, which it does well, im sad we discrediting its writing because of that page is pretty old afaik
it has a rating of 62…it’s a mathematical world so ofc it would include mathematical elements into its writing, scp had Aleph shit for a long time as well, kinda in the same boat

The fact that these are the popular and well rated pages makes it even worse.

The fact that these are the popular and well rated pages makes it even worse.
The surface-level base article lore is what is popular, not the extended lore, which has more of a cult following than a mainstream one. Though I think that is not necessarily a good thing because the extended lore adds depth and characterization to these beings

If you think this will get accepted you need to stop dreaming.

SCP standards are ten times higher than this. And even that verse is on the teetering on the brink of deletion.

Again, I feel that you are allowing a single page to color your perception of the entire wiki. That is one page by one author, on a wiki with many pages by many authors, who each have their own unique style. I would say that the writing never falls further than the level of quality in that page.

Again, I feel that you are allowing a single page to color your perception of the entire wiki. That is one page by one author, on a wiki with many pages by many authors, who each have their own unique style. I would say that the writing never falls further than the level of quality in that page.
it's more that this single page shows their low standards of acceptance.

That was their standard in january of 2022, which was just when Kane Pixels blew up and the wiki became overrun. Greenlighters wanted to clear their queues more quickly, so they lowered their standards slightly. But the everything is stabilized now, and much higher standards are being enforced. There seems to be a general consensus that old content is a reflection of the current state of the wiki and thus it should still be treated as such. But that is simply inaccurate

That was their standard in january of 2022, which was just when Kane Pixels blew up and the wiki became overrun. Greenlighters wanted to clear their queues more quickly, so they lowered their standards slightly. But the everything is stabilized now, and much higher standards are being enforced. There seems to be a general consensus that old content is a reflection of the current state of the wiki and thus it should still be treated as such. But that is simply inaccurate
then, no offense to them, but that sounds like a poor management decision on their part.

It being a year old doesn't change the fact that it was allowed and is still in existence.

But hey, you can just wait for the staff to tell you the same thing.

Running a niche wiki and then having it suddenly become a mainstream phenomenon overnight is not exactly something that most people would prepare for ahead of time

On the bright side if this gets rejected, Wikidot would kinda count as fanfiction of Kane's Backrooms, so it could probably be put in FC/OC
Just think of the traction FC/OC will get if that happens, truly a dream come true

It being a year old doesn't change the fact that it was allowed and is still in existence.

But hey, you can just wait for the staff to tell you the same thing.
It is still allowed on the site because its rating is positive. The staff don’t delete articles just because they don’t like them. The fandom wiki does that, but not wikidot

On the bright side if this gets rejected, Wikidot would kinda count as fanfiction of Kane's Backrooms, so it could probably be put in FC/OC
It is not fanfiction of Kane pixels because it predates him. And if anything, both interpretations are fanfiction of the original backrooms concept

I will reiterate: only Kane Pixels' canon may exist presently, and should another Backrooms canon be added, it would need to exist as a different verse.

What I do not understand is why Kane is being favored as the “primary” canon when his work proceeds at least three other major interpretations of The Backrooms that came before him (Fandom Wiki, Wikidot and Liminal Archives). The hard work that those wikis and their writers put into the concept of the backrooms, keeping it alive before Kane pixels arrived, is never fully appreciated, and they always get overlooked and shafted just because his version is more popular and recognized

Last edited:
What I do not understand is why Kane is being favored as the “primary” canon when his work proceeds at least three other major interpretations of The Backrooms that came before him (Fandom Wiki, Wikidot and Liminal Archives).
because it meets our standards of what is allowed.

What I do not understand is why Kane is being favored as the “primary” canon when his work proceeds at least three other major interpretations of The Backrooms that came before him (Fandom Wiki, Wikidot and Liminal Archives). The hard work that those wikis and their writers put into the concept of the backrooms, keeping it alive before Kane pixels arrived, is never fully appreciated, and they always get overlooked and shafted just because his version is more popular and recognized
It's not being favored as the primary canon, it's being allowed on profiles due to meeting our standards.

Well, that much is simple: he isn't. What he is, is a contained canon. Nobody is contributing to Kane Pixels Backrooms. Furthermore, its quality is substantial enough and notable enough amongst the others. Your point is sort of like arguing we should only use the original Slenderman and not any of the high-budget offspring.

Kane Pixels meets our standards, the wikidot was voted to not do that.

A friend of mine has asked for me to comment here. I am a member of all three backrooms communities and are a pretty-decently known member by my approximation. In the past few months, my view on powerscaling has shifted drastically.

I do not particularly like my pages to be powerscaled anymore, but a suggestion of addition of the Backrooms Wikidot to this wiki I don’t find particularly drastic or unwelcome, as it would definitely allow a lot of underrated authors on the wiki and the wiki itself greater popularity. I must say, however, there definitely needs to be a distinction between the better articles/canons on the wiki as compared to more lacking ones, which I feel is not adequate for purposes of the VSBW catalog.

This last sentence is the one probably of most relevance to your discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back