• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fully Embedding Wikidot Backrooms into Vs Battles Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.

In that case I'll wait.

Maybe I'll give my own thoughts on why this is horrible.
As I said before, previous thread didn't reject Backrooms. Mori rewrote the rule into this, in other words:
1. Strict enough rules - check.
2. Centralized - check (as in is is wikidot Backrooms only).
Even prior we decided to wait since at the time Backrooms were still fairly new and all.

Why only Wikidot though? Just asking.
the thing is that canons can be connected to other wikis (for example, fandom wiki’s convergence canon is an extension of the wikidot’s pantheon canon), but for most part wikidot is gonna be used for indexing cuz of its regulations, popularity, etc. its just the baseline, but i dont see a problem with indexing kane pixels’s series also. The backrooms verse page would just encompass everything that can be indexed without problem. theres no definite canon. ofc, that means u need to put a note for every profile like i do in my profiles. but if anyone disagrees let me know
2. Centralized - check (as in is is wikidot Backrooms only).

the thing is that canons can be connected to other wikis (for example, fandom wiki’s convergence canon is an extension of the wikidot’s pantheon canon), but for most part wikidot is gonna be used for indexing cuz of its regulations, popularity, etc. its just the baseline, but i dont see a problem with indexing kane pixels’s series also. The backrooms verse page would just encompass everything that can be indexed without problem. theres no definite canon. ofc, that means u need to put a note for every profile like i do in my profiles. but if anyone disagrees let me know
Wouldn't it make Fandom another key if is just another canon?

Evaluate these people's arguments for allowing the Backrooms. I'm neutral and am just monitoring the thread.
We've had discussions on the backrooms. Wikidot was deemed okay, I don't think anything else was- maybe the original creator, but as its own verse and not alongside the wikidot.

Am I missing something? Does this thread propose something over the last threads?

Am I missing something? Does this thread propose something over the last threads?
The last thread established new rule but was somehow not added, despite being agreed upon. And overall the ending was a bit confusing.
Overall we just need to be sure that rules of Wikidot’s Backrooms are strict enough for our standards.

The last thread established new rule but was somehow not added, despite being agreed upon. And overall the ending was a bit confusing.
Overall we just need to be sure that rules of Wikidot’s Backrooms are strict enough for our standards.
Which it has shown to be strict.

I see. Bureaucracy tends to lead to such shit. I'll go over the last thread and this one when I have time- I'm at work, presently- to make sure everything is in order and, if necessary, add whatever rules need adding.

I see. Bureaucracy tends to lead to such shit. I'll go over the last thread and this one when I have time- I'm at work, presently- to make sure everything is in order and, if necessary, add whatever rules need adding.
God bless you, Bambu. Thanks and safe working.

Alright.

I've reviewed the first thread, the consensus was that the Wikidot was not allowed at that time but further context may allow it. Kane Pixels was generally permissible. The second thread has less meat to it and concluded before the first, so I will take the first as Staff Gospel.

What this means is that the Backrooms Wiki is not necessarily rejected, and you could argue for its inclusion (it's been about a year, after all), but you would need to provide a reason for us to add it that wasn't included in the last thread. That can be provided here, if you like, but it's probably simpler to then make a new thread, if it is your goal to use the Backrooms Wiki.

Otherwise, Kane Pixels is perfectly acceptable to add. I am speaking with Mori about where we should actually place the rule- at the moment, I believe it would fall just below the Web Novel rules in Editing Rules.

The primary issue is that Kane Pixels’ interpretation lacks depth, and there is very little if anything within the series to actually powerscale. Furthermore, the Wikidot predates Kane’s interpretation by two years, and provides a lot more mileage with its extensive lore. The Wikidot is strict in its standards and quality control, so it should be passable as official material rather than fan works.

The primary issue is that Kane Pixels’ interpretation lacks depth, and there is very little if anything within the series to actually powerscale. Furthermore, the Wikidot predates Kane’s interpretation by two years, and provides a lot more mileage with its extensive lore. The Wikidot is strict in its standards and quality control, so it should be passable as official material rather than fan works.
I'm aware of that. Regardless, Kane Pixels was the only set of Backrooms fiction accepted for profile creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back