• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fully Embedding Wikidot Backrooms into Vs Battles Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be if I were arguing to use the original backrooms copypasta
Then we agree that the argument of "original" is pointless. The wikidot being older means nothing. It was not decided to be adequate for the wiki by a significant staff vote.

Wow. I can't believe how strict this is!

As a person who can’t read it, can I get some quotes?

But regardless, I feel like it’s a bit counterintuitive. I can bet that I'd be able to find some awful pages of SCP, despite stricter rules? The point of quality control in the first place was that seemingly any random person could've made a profile that by proxy we'd need to accept. But with Backrooms standarts it is not the case.

I do think with greenlight system there is quality control there and there shouldn't be issues with wikidot on VSBW as it is now.
As a person who can’t read it, can I get some quotes?

But regardless, I feel like it’s a bit counterintuitive. I can bet that I'd be able to find some awful pages of SCP, despite stricter rules? The point of quality control in the first place was that seemingly any random person could've made a profile that by proxy we'd need to accept. But with Backrooms standarts it is not the case.

Also you're talking to someone who believes SCP should be deleted

I don't know why you guys are still continuing this conversation the wikidot clearly seems to have been denied.

Pretty sure we have accepted Kane, Wikidot and Liminal
Wikidot has not been accepted as Bambu said above.
I will reiterate: only Kane Pixels' canon may exist presently, and should another Backrooms canon be added, it would need to exist as a different verse.
In fact, he seems to have said only Kane Pixels is accepted at the moment.

On the previous thread I'm pretty sure majority of staff disagreed with Wikidot and other fan extensions of the concept.

Aye. Went over the previous threads to make sure- the final judgement was that while some staff members do feel Wikidot is acceptable, the majority did not. Kane Pixels, conversely, was held to be acceptable.

I'm going to add Mori's writing of the rule to the Editing Rules page now.

Also about the "Keymaster page is bad!" thingy

Idk what's wrong with it, plus but has been revised 84 times.

So no offense ,I'm inclined to think you simply don't want the verse to be allowed, just say so though.

In the last thread, I also brought up the fact that the Wikidot on itself is inspired from the SCP wiki, and has the same policies.

Not only that, but I also brought up how
some stuff seemed to be more strict on the Backrooms wiki.

SCP's net rating for deletion was -10 at the time, while the Backrooms one was -5.

Liminal Archives, instead, had a net of -3.

AKA a bad page had way more chances of getting deleted on the Backrooms wiki rather than on the SCP wiki.

Kane Pixels canon is simply not indexable.
Shucks, that sucks then. But the staff vote decided. If you'd like the verse page deleted or copy-pasted to FC/OC, let me know.

Shucks, that sucks then. But the staff vote decided. If you'd like the verse page deleted or copy-pasted to FC/OC, let me know.
If that is possible, I'd appreciate it. Me and @Iiliminal can work on these on FC/OC.

Almost certainly would, barring any Tier 1 pages that would require some extra work to get on there.
Also yeah there might be tier 1 pages because of certain levels. We'll work on those as well.

Last edited:
Right, I'd forgotten. I'll move your work to FC/OC, or put it into a sandbox over there for you if you'd like to do it yourselves.

EDIT: here you go.

Last edited:
FC/OC isn't terribly restrictive about what can and cannot go on there. As the vast majority of the Backrooms content can be classified as "fan" material, it should be fine. I will reiterate that they have special Tier 1 restrictions over there that you'll have to pass through via their thread on the topic.

I will close this now, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back