• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ikki's fights, skills and character.

The real cal howard said:
So does it makes it so you gotta rely on your own prowess or does it just ***** over your life, @Agnaa?
It just prevents casual plot, fate or probanility stuff.

The real cal howard said:
So does it makes it so you gotta rely on your own prowess or does it just **** over your life, @Agnaa?
It makes you have to rely on your own prowess, and makes everyone you go up against have to rely on their own prowess.

Hmm doesn't sound like in insurmountable gap if she views him as a worthy opponent. In the end one example isn't enough for me earl, him beating a girl able to throw around miniture suns is where I draw the line. It's good he's run into an opponent that he cant beat but the fact the gap seems to be closing leaves me thinking its only a matter of time before ikki legitmatly wins against her.

I lost interest to Rakudai because:

1. The plot armor is so thick it is comparable to Primarch's power armor.

2. I'm busy binge reading Konosuba which is just a lot better. I had laughs, it has much more natural character development and characters are OP in a good way.

3. I HATE Stella from bottom of my heart because I hate Tsunderes more than terrorism.

Take Yu Yu Hakusho for an example of a main character who can lose.

• Yusuke dies to a car crash
  • Loses his first supernatural fight with some no-name in round 1
  • Kurama would've kicked his ass if they fought
  • Hiei did kick his ass and it took a rebounded spirit gun to take him out
  • Rando beat him and only lost due to a failed spell
  • Shizuku beat him and Yusuke had to pull on his own life energy to win
  • Kuwabara best Toguro, not Yusuke. And even then Toguro was faking it
  • Toguro kicked Yusuke's ass the next arc until spoiler
  • Spends the entire next mini-arc captured
  • Got toyed with by Sniper until Hiei bailed him out
  • Dies to Sensui
  • Even after resurrecting and getting a power boost, would've lost again to Sensui if his gramps didn't possess him
  • Never came lose to beating even a dying Raizen
  • Loses to Yomi, and this is the last fight in the series

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
3. I HATE Stella from bottom of my heart because I hate Tsunderes more than terrorism.
Aren't there franchises with Tsunderes that should be likeable and/or well-written enough to gain your interest? Or do you just hate tsunderes period?

Schnee One said:
No, he got curbstomped by Ouma
Elaborating on this point.

Ikki's skill in verse is complete bullshit, but it's also a one trick pony, anybody comparable to him or slightly weaker in skill can slap him perfectly fine

Period. They are b!tches and I'll do whatever I can to slay them. Yes, even Rin from Fate and Asuka from Evangelion.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Period. They are b!tches and I'll do whatever I can to slay them. Yes, even Rin from Fate and Asuka from Evangelion.
But what about Senjougahara from Monogatari who starts off as a tsundere due to backstory reasons but gradually lightens up over the course of the series as part of her character arc? (._.)

Firephoenixearl said:
Yes there are such gaps. Ikki vs edel is that gap.
If that was a reply to mine then the hierarchy should be unshakable, his seniors even background ones should be able to stomp him, and his age and skill level should not matter and people shouldn't be able to find a problem with it now matter what he does.

As it's a high school series (I think it is), then even after graduation all combat oriented older character profiles in his series should have 'superior to Ikki'.

I'm ambivalent to Tsunderes, an angry woman yelling at me just seems unappealing, and I get that enough with my mom. Freud can suck my reproductive organs on that one

Now if they step on me, I'll at least admire their boldness

Also worth saying Rin is like the ultimate non-tsundere tsundere.

She only yells at Shirou because Shirou's full catchphrase is "Trace on, brain off."

Losing someone isn't an excuse to be rude to literally everything in existence to the point that an actual robot stops wanting to deal with your forkery

Everyone is going to witness death and despair in their lives, but no one should insist on putting up a front of rejection. We'll do it anyways because humans are foolish, but regardless it does mean that yes I will hate Asuka because she's the worst

All over Ikki, the only light novel character without a harem

Irony is 100

DMUA said:
I'm ambivalent to Tsunderes, an angry woman yelling at me just seems unappealing, and I get that enough with my mom. Freud can suck my reproductive organs on that one

Now if they step on me, I'll at least admire their boldness
Relatable

I mean I'm really not into femdom, I'm just saying I consider stepping on a man to be a bold action

There are two types of Tsundere I can like as characters.

Tsunderes that actually, genuinely dislike or hate the main character (but the deal breaker and how aggressive they are can be a deal breaker) but over time they develop genuine affection and/or attraction which changes their attitude. This is the structure of old Tsundere.

A Tsundere that is harsh even after falling in love or getting attracted, but not in a legitimmate, aggressive way. The kind that you can tease and that won't try to rip your face off, just has a bad handle with emotions and you can tell at a glance.

There's no real violence, but tons of potential for nice developments and interactions.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Tsunderes that actually, genuinely dislike or hate the main character (but the deal breaker and how aggressive they are can be a deal breaker) but over time they develop genuine affection and/or attraction which changes their attitude. This is the structure of old Tsundere.
So, characters like Emi Yusa from The Devil is a Part Timer (who unfortunately doesn't have a profile in this site)?

DeathNoodles said:
Why would you consider a female stepping on a male a bold action?
I just think that if a woman lacked confidence, they wouldn't put their heel onto a man

Back