• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I am confusion, wut dis mean?

Udlmaster

They/Them
Okay, there's a bunch of terms WoD uses and I wanted to get the interpretation of them:

Pandimensional: Existing in all Dimensions

Hyperphysics: ???

Hypermaths: ???

5-D Maths: ???

Polydimensional: ????????

Hyperdimensional Theory: ???

Paraphysics: ???

Quantum Vibration Frequences (with Paraphysics): ???

Existing in Several Metaphysical dimensions: ???

Essentially it's a big word for the maximum number of higher spatio-temporal dimensions in the setting.

So for Marvel, if it stated it, and it meant higher-dimensions: It would be Infinite-D because that's the maximum number known in the MU

DC: It would be Infinite-D

Etc,etc.... At least from what I know.

Poly = Many

Pan = All

Hyper = Superior, Greater, Larger, Transcendent

Para = At, Beside, Beyond, Past

So, what would you rate all these?

World of DARK NESS has at least 6 Dimensions comfirmed.

(Possibly 8 Dimensions)

I would rate them as being too ambiguous by themselves. With the 6/8 dimensions, beings with those statements can likely affect constructs of those sizes.

The ones this (all) applies to are the Top Tiers of the Verse so:

The Archmages, Angels/Demons and God themselves.

Archmages are able to literally affect the entire verse.

The Angels created literally everything and they are nothing more than the smallest Fragments of God.

They'd probably just be supporting statements then.

Agnaa said:
They'd probably just be supporting statements then.
Nice.

So, what about the other ones?

Paraphysics, Quantum Vibration Frequences, Hyperdimensional Theory (Anyone know what the hell this is?)

Paraphysics = Adjacent to physics, could be interpreted as implying a different physics than the standard one of the verse.

Quantum Vibration Frequencies = How quickly small things wiggle back and forth.

Hyperdimensional Theory = Something that explains how higher dimensions work.

Stuff like that solely depends on how the verse defines it. There's no scientific definition. But we can assume it's some type of higher/superior dimensional.

I believe that "para" would be more accurstely described as beyond or against.

What an interesting conclusion.

Looks like I'm not the only one who's come to that conclusion. *Anime glasses adjustment*

What do all of these completely meaningless statements have to do with upgrading the dimensionality of the verse?

They're made up words. Their only meaning is the one given to them in the text. If they're not given one in the text, it's useless jargon.

Going just from the stuff, you're right. All the terms do is support the idea of multiple dimensions and them being mathematical/scientific

I wish they were given context by the verse, but they're kinda just thrown in with no confext besides "Ultradimensional Alien" and "six polydimensional devices"

It's basically why I asked, because the verse ( Fakking World of DARK NESS) gives no context to most of these, now I have found 1 definition for paraphysics which is the study of physics for the paranormal but that's it.

Well then they're unusable.

WELl going by the Merriam Webster definition of Ultra as a prefix is "beyond space", "beyond range or limits of: transcending", "beyond what is ordinary, proper, or moderate"

So if someone has an "Ultradeath cannon" it inflicts death beyond transcendence, simply because of the name?

The name doesn't really matter. Feats do. Unless the name explicitly and obviously has a certain meaning that is consistent with feats.

Yeah. Like Agnaa, the most these do is aupport the idea the dimensions are mathmatical or scientfic in nature rather than glorified alternate universes or something. To use a calc rating it'd be a 4 aka supporting evidence for a rating.

Back