• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ergenverse: Get It Right Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone denied that but for the most part, throwing it out entirely is something I disagreed with.
I propose to double check both raws and official translation. If there's any part matched with the raws, keep them, but if there's any mistranslated part, then we just have to fix it and have knowledgeable and multilingual members to judge. It's a win-win situation.

I propose to double check both raws and official translation. If there's any part matched with the raws, keep them, but if there's any mistranslated part, then we just have to fix it and have knowledgeable and multilingual members to judge. It's a win-win situation.
I mean, yeah. That I'm OK with.

Anyway, anyone interested in evaluating this thread? Most of it is already covered by the verse blogs and honestly as someone who's dealt with this guy's stuff offsite, I'm not in the mood for mindless text-wall flinging and me and Zaara have said our piece on revising the verse properly.

Personally, while I'm not a supporter nor as knowledgeable as others who have already commented, the only thing I strongly agree with is what Zara/Nepuko/Planck said, aka taking time to revise the verse and letting it like that for now.

It's simple maths really, the time it would take to reply to each point of the OP will be time not invested into actually revising the verse.

I don't think anyone denied that but for the most part, throwing it out entirely is something I disagreed with.

I would have agreed with your point if it was for the sake of reading.

But for feat? It just does not fly. You would have to question the usefulness of "official translation" when "hundreds of years of voyage time" in Chinese become "hundreds of lightyears" in English, or like those examples earlier.

On the topic of revising the verse, there was already a book has an Earth-like setting, so it is not like anyone needs to check the whole tens of millions of words, except for maybe abilities and some context for the fifth book.

Did you seriously imply that we ignore the preceding 4 books worth of feats?

Yeah, I honestly can't take this seriously anymore.

except for maybe abilities and some context for the fifth book

Need a reminder the 5th book takes place in an Earth-like setting and in a Dao Domain itself than some minor or shattered worlds unlike four previous books?

So what? It's one part of The Great Universe and not some alternate continuity

Even then, we don't have "Earthlike settings" take predecent over supernatural ones pr replace them on this site, let alone ignore 80% of a series' canon because it doesn't fit our mental image of its scale.

Also, Dao Domain is used interchangeably a lot. It doesn't have a set "tier" beyond what the immediate context gives us. The same can be said for 90% of this thread in all honesty, sticking to rigid definitions while ignoring the context around it or outright assuming feats and such.

I'm honestly tempted to just close those thread considering how exhausting it is dealing with your nonsense even offsite but I might as well check with other staff about it out of courtesy.

@Theglassman12 @Maverick_Zero_X @DemonGodMitchAubin @LephyrTheRevanchist

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Precisely of "Earthlike setting" that we have evidence how things work on Earth standards that is the standard of scaling for versus debate.

The 1st Step from Renegade Immortal can shake small cultivation planet in a Cave Realm, but if they die to a solar flare in an Earthlike setting, that only means they are less than a solar flare on standard scaling, or if they are in our universe.

It is like the difference between realms in Xianxia or Xuanhuan, if a cultivator can destroy a planet in a supernatural world and fail to break the Moon in an Earthlike setting, that only means a planet in that supernatural realm is less durable than the Moon. Simple.

You are also disregarding the Chinese text because it is different English text and the final puzzle that is AWWP because the book places some clear limit that displaces the mental image you have for cultivators in Ergenverse that was around for years, so you are not above anyone here, much less than disregarding other party's argument as "nonsense".

Precisely of "Earthlike setting" that we have evidence how things work on Earth standards that is the standard of scaling for versus debate.

The 1st Step from Renegade Immortal can shake small cultivation planet in a Cave Realm, but if they die to a solar flare in an Earthlike setting, that only means they are less than a solar flare on standard scaling, or if they are in a normal universe.

It is like the difference between realms in Xianxia or Xuanhuan, if a cultivator can destroy a planet in a supernatural world and fail to break the Moon in an Earthlike setting, that only means a planet in that supernatural is less durable than the Moon. Simple.

You are also disregarding the Chinese text because it is different English text and how AWWP places some clear limit that displaces the mental image you have for cultivators in Ergenverse that was around for years because English translation was doing a jackass of a job.
So, if I'm understanding this correctly;

The basis of this thread is completely ignoring the feats of the first 4 books because of nonsense like "solar flare scaling" (ignoring how heat resistances =/= Ap and that stars in the Stele World and beyond are supernaturally strong) and scaling them to only WWOG as a result?

Yeah, there's no point in humoring this. We don't ignore 90% of a verse for arbitrary reasons whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back