• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to Tier Real Life Country Militaries

Do you mean the tier if you combined all of their non nuclear military assets, like vehicles, weapons, and what not?

Fllflourine said:
Do you mean the tier if you combined all of their non nuclear military assets, like vehicles, weapons, and what not?
I would assume that if the Hetalia Characters were to fight, they would use their military. But to answer your question. Yes. Pretty sure Americawould use every weapon possible to destroy whatever enemy, y'know?

Should we really combine the AP of all of their military? For the nuclear arsenal it makes some sense, since they can coordinate it all through a single person if necessary, but with the rest of the military combining their arsenal into one attack would take the coordination of literally hundreds of thousands of pilots, drivers, soldiers, etc., some of which couldn't be used at the same time like the navy and army, all to strike one opponent.

I believe it would be best to just list them as wall to city block level, since standard military might would range from the level of military issued hand-guns to large scale bombs like MOABs.

Blahblah9755 said:
Should we really combine the AP of all of their military? For the nuclear arsenal it makes some sense, since they can coordinate it all through a single person if necessary, but with the rest of the military combining their arsenal into one attack would take the coordination of literally hundreds of thousands of pilots, drivers, soldiers, etc., some of which couldn't be used at the same time like the navy and army, all to strike one opponent.
I believe it would be best to just list them as wall to city block level, since standard military might would range from the level of military issued hand-guns to large scale bombs like MOABs.
Nuclear aresenal has already been decided to be 7-A (Although now I think I'm going to disagree with that because I don't think it would take 1 TeraTon of TNT to destroy very small country's like Monaco or Hong Kong or even Singapore.

As for the AP of other weapons non-nuclear. Yes, since America would probably use weaponry besides his own strength to attack another foe...we could just put Possibly (insert whatever tier here)

I thought the nuclear arsenal is 6C for the world, or high 7A for an individual country.

But I was just talking about the standard military anyway.

Pepper, I guess I was a little unclear, basically I think for the characters' AP we should use the AP of their individual weapons, since coordinating a full assault of all of their weapons hitting the opponent at the same time would be next to impossible.

The best standard military weapons (MOAB and FOAB), I believe, are city block level.

Blahblah9755 said:
Pepper, I guess I was a little unclear, basically I think for the characters' AP we should use the AP of their individual weapons, since coordinating a full assault of all of their weapons hitting the opponent at the same time would be next to impossible.
The best standard military weapons (MOAB and FOAB), I believe, are city block level.
Sorry if it looked like I didn't understand. I was currently very busy during those reponses.

Anyway. I agree. Although I must say that there characters themsleves can organize at least a battalion to assist. And I did look up MOAB and FOAB. And since those are the largest non-nuclear bombs. I suppose we can end that there unless there is something more powerful, but I'd assume America or what have you would come in military gear as well, y'know?

If you try to upgrade a character that is a literal personification of a country based on a real world country's military, you may want to ask if that's okay with the community first, before actually making a content revision thread for your anime character.

This justification for scaling seems illogical, on second thought. This actually makes little sense, unless you offer a reasonable and valid explanation.

I agree that scaling the regular military seems impossible without nuclear weapons.

Even beside the point I was making, the tier justification is illogical.

Why is he the tier of the combined AP of something he commands? This is not a form, a power, or anything other than giving a go.

We have many leader profiles, however they are not given a tier based on who or what they command.

Antvasima said:
I agree that scaling the regular military seems impossible without nuclear weapons.
So with the 7-A Tier that alone can count for the regular military? I thought that was nukes only. I was thinking the tier could go Phsyically, with Conventional Military and then Nuclear if it came to that. Of course I don't think with conventional military that the tier would be much higher.

Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer said:
Even beside the point I was making, the tier justification is illogical.
Why is he the tier of the combined AP of something he commands? This is not a form, a power, or anything other than giving a go.

We have many leader profiles, however they are not given a tier based on who or what they command.

What about just making the military vechiles a part of his equipment and just raise the AP due to what equipment he uses?

On the other hand, during WWII, only America had nuclear weapons, and that is when APH takes place, as far as I am aware.

Antvasima said:
On the other hand, during WWII, only America had nuclear weapons, and that is when APH takes place, as far as I am aware.
Although that is true. That was during season 1. Hetalia is now in its 6th season with most of it being taken in the Modern Era.

Perhaps we should make 3 seperate Era's? Although I don't think this is nessacary. They mainly partake in the Modern Era.

In fact, I after a lengthy discussion with Hop, he/she has told me that my characters cannot be tiered based on having access to non-nuclear weaponry yet the tiering states characters/weapons that do X amount of damange resulting in X tier rating. So I don't understand why they can't be tiered for having access to this weaponry when the tiering states Characters/Weapons that can...

I've noticed that I was banned from the chat. I did not break any chat rules so I find this to be an abuse of power, especially since when I disagreed with the moderator I did not use insults or profane language. I believe this should be undone. Just because we disagree with how I thought the tiering should be done does not warrant a ban especially since I was did not insult or curse. I also taken multiple screenshots of said conversation to back up my defense against this.

Hop is under a lot of stress, and is just trying to do his job. You could politely talk with him about it on his wall though. This is the wrong place to do so.

Fine. Back to the actual topic though.

Anyways. Since it is difficult to tier such a vast arsenal of weaponry, I don't know how else to decide this. Since they all have preparation as a trait (Because they shown in Canon how to strategize their attacks) I was only saying that with prep and militarize gear either the AP would rise.

I was only looking to do tier it like this if it were possible.

Physically Tier = X (This is it not being armed or equiped with anything)

Unknown Tier = Due to preperation and using weapons in current military arsenal (I would assume in a VS thread people would give said country specific weapons to use to balance or an edge)

And then optional, if all else fails, there is the Nuke tier which is already decided.

Well, I still think that it seems impossible to quantify properly, and as such, that we should avoid a "with military" tier.

@Ant couldn't we just place their tier with standard weapons as a range from wall to city block? Since the least would be wall level with their physical strikes and guns, and the most with any one attack would be the city block level that MOABs possess.

Blahblah9755 said:
@Ant couldn't we just place their tier with standard weapons as a range from wall to city block? Since the least would be wall level with their physical strikes and guns, and the most with any one attack would be the city block level that MOABs possess.
I also have been going to support this as it seems something we could possibly agree on.

Well, I suppose that "At least City Block level" with conventional bombs, might be acceptable, but remember that this is a massive lowball, as we should probably count the entire military firing bombs and shells at the same time, which we are not able to properly quantify.

Hence, I think that "Unknown with military" is much more appropriate.

Ranking Military seems weird, and superflous. We would just be getting the weapon profiles we have and ranking a group of thousands of men using those. And that wouldn't raise the Tier, since we don't use the number of weapons firing the shot at once, but the raw power of one shot.

Well, in that case we need to downgrade all of the Hetalia characters gauged by the sum totality of their nuclear arsenals as well.

I was just thinking, in the case of vs thread, name what weapon. Unknown with military is fine I think. The reason I say this is because there are a lot of Tier 9 characters whose tier raises based on what weapon they have. For example, one of the soldiers in Halo Tier's rises slighty based on having a weapon and grenades, since there are a very diverse amount of weapons to choose from with different nations, I suppose unknown with military is fine or Unknown, Possibly up to (Whatever the strongest weapon tier is)

Back