• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Match 7: Final Match. (Adam Taurus vs Crystal (Nuclear Throne))

So, this is going to go very, very similar to the Shin battle.

>Adam has amps, and Shin had debuffs.

>Adam has higher AP, but Crystal's AP is around 2x stronger than his dura (assuming we put it in the middle of High 8-C).

>Adam is melee. And no, his ranged attacks won't help. They're getting reflected.

>It's arguable if Shin or Adam was more skilled, but Crystal vastly outskills at a range, and isn't too poor in melee.

>Adam's Aura doesn't matter as much since Crystal uses an asston of blunt damage, anyways, just like Shin.

Adam's fire is useless since Boiling Veins, and being a literal rock means piercing damage doesn't mean too much, additionally.

Just getting those facts out of the way before I debate.

Shin is absolutely more skilled, tough their fighting styles are way different.

Regardless, Adam's semblance can be reflected as far as I know, and regardless a katana (I think it's a katana) isn't going to cover all that space where he's getting shot at, and with speed equal he physically can't move his blade to cover everywhere.

I wouldn't vote yet, I'm going to give my full analysis later, and let Adam supporters vote.

But I'd read the Shin battle. This seems like it will go very much the same, except Adam is arguably less skilled.

(Someone, make Adam vs Shin.)

Does anyone find it funny that Adam's biggest threats were on the other side of the Bracket (Kat, Renamon and Crystal) and so they had to fight each other before they got to fight him?. Just me?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Does anyone find it funny that Adam's biggest threats were on the other side of the Bracket (Kat, Renamon and Crystal) and so they had to fight each other before they got to fight him?. Just me?
Shin, too. Shin could of really given him a run for his money.

Literally 4/4 of the biggest threats on one side.

If Adam manages to hit Crystal, he'll receive the damage back to him 2.5x stronger

Damn, Crystal is OP in both the game and in VS Matches

KGiffoni said:
If Adam manages to hit Crystal, he'll receive the damage back to him 2.5x stronger

Unfortunately, Sharp Teeth was restricted, but she still is.

KGiffoni said:

"Her Crystal Shields fail to reflect and defend from melee strikes, lasers, and lightning."

From Crystal's profile. Although regardless of that this feels like a Danmaku onslaught of destruction coming after Adam.

I don't know anything about Crystal but is that basically what Crystal is like?

"Her Crystal Shields fail to reflect and defend from melee strikes, lasers, and lightning."

From Crystal's profile. Although regardless of that this feels like a Danmaku onslaught of destruction coming after Adam.

I don't know anything about Crystal but is that basically what Crystal is like?

While the Damage Reflection and Radiation were restricted (RIP radhax), Crystal more or less teleports around and spams danmaku to hell and back in ways that would make Touhou cry.

Somewhat suprised that in the final nobody is arguing for Adam... well, 3 hours left.

I mean how could you argue for Adam? I don't see him realistically standing a chance. Other than perhaps miraculously getting close and slashing an amped strike.

Welp, guess Crystal wins the final match without competition.

Òâ¢(´╝¥Ôû¢´╝¥)õ║║(´╝¥Ôû¢´╝¥)õ║║(´╝¥Ôû¢´╝¥)´¥ë

Congratulations
Next Bracket will be Town level, I think. To limit the AP gap between contenders only the lower half of 7-C (50 kilotons or less) is allowed.

The nomination thread will be made... sometime. No idea yet.

"Next Bracket will be Town level, I think. To limit the AP gap between contenders only the lower half of 7-C (50 kilotons or less) is allowed. "

Abandoning the 9-C bracket are we

Wokistan said:
Abandoning the 9-C bracket are we
Wasn't my bracket <.< If you want to take charge of continuing that you can. I for once would continue to debate it. It just seems 70% dead at this point.

Iirc there's a 7-C bracket going. Or was it Low 7-C? I can't remember.

8-C would be really nice, though.

(Also, I'm really happy for my teleporting rock. <3)

Moritzva said:
Iirc there's a 7-C bracket going. Or was it Low 7-C? I can't remember.
Is there? Looking at the Brackets Topic the last 7-C tourney died 3 month ago.

Urgh. Why not call it that then. In that case I gonna go for a different tier.

Back