• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament: Pupitar vs Vi

Maybe a thread asking about this topic should be made.
Probably, this is a weird situation i havent seen before lol
Nice feat!
I presume that means her gauntlets scale in durability to her AP? (Although, Pupitar being over 2.54x her Durability in AP....)
Ye
Anyway, the moves it might be able to use without moving: Ancient Power, Rock Slide, Smack Down, Hyper Beam, Sandstorm, Stealth Rock, Screech, Hyper Beam.
It might also be able to use its propulsion to slam into her, but we'd need answer about AP/Striking Strength vs Lifting Strength here.

I would also question that she can turn Pupitar in her hands 180 degrees fast enough:
1. Pupitar begins charging an attack
2. Vi notices it charging.
3. Vi somehow turns it around 180 degrees or such in her giant gauntlets before Pupitar unleashes its attack in Speed Equalized?
She doesnt even need to turn it 180 degrees, just enough that it wouldnt hit her

From the debate, my personal take leans towards Vi winning if she grabs Pupitar. Her gauntlets are large enough to hold and contain Pupitar
In what ways can Pupitar prevent itself from getting grabbed, if it doesn't know it's coming? Because its Dex entries point that it cannot stand still and thrashes about, it using debuffs doesn't seem in-character. If it attacks up close, that gives Vi advantage. Its remaining ranged attacks are Rock Slide, Stone Edge and Dark Pulse, but since the match isn't a turn-based game, Vi would be reacting to them in real-time and easily crushing the rocks, and doing so would activate her own buffs.

From the debate, my personal take leans towards Vi winning if she grabs Pupitar. Her gauntlets are large enough to hold and contain Pupitar
In what ways can Pupitar prevent itself from getting grabbed, if it doesn't know it's coming? Because its Dex entries point that it cannot stand still and thrashes about, it using debuffs doesn't seem in-character. If it attacks up close, that gives Vi advantage. Its remaining ranged attacks are Rock Slide, Stone Edge and Dark Pulse, but since the match isn't a turn-based game, Vi would be reacting to them in real-time and easily crushing the rocks, and doing so would activate her own buffs.
Dark Pulse & Hyper Beam might be good in that context, yes.

But it does seem like Pupitar would unwittingly get itself into her grip due to it probably ramming her. It could probably make her hurt, but she probably has the Pain Tolerance & LS to crush it from there despite that.

So why not? Voting Vi, Mid Difficulty.

Last edited:
Purpitar due to its generally better abilities, AP advantage, at least two reasonable method of escaping grappling (hyper beam and dark pulse) alongside a decent resistance to heat, and multiple avenues to make getting grabbed more difficult such as eveasive and speed stat amping and stealth rocks.

Back